The 'Magnificent' David Turnbull Discussion Thread

sailor_h

On Motherwell's handling of the David Turnbull situation, what are your thoughts (assuming no minimum release clause)?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. On Motherwell's handling of the David Turnbull situation, what are your thoughts (assuming no minimum release clause)?

• Happy we have accepted the quoted fee of 3.25m + add ons.
    • Think we should have held out for more, but still sold this summer
    • Think we should have kept David for at least one more season
    • Happy we have accepted the quoted fee of 3.25m + add ons, but shouldn't have accepted a bid from a club in Scotland
    • Other thoughts. Please comment

3 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Aye, turn a blind eye

No just don’t listen. He’s been asked about it and replied, he’s signed an extended contract and done the right thing by the club, that’s all that matters.

4 hours ago, Andy_P said:

I didn't think it was as bad as I feared knowing what those programmes are all about and Stu92's forewarning.  They can't be too far off being left with only cleaners and ticket office workers left to interview from Ferry's time at Parkhead.  I've always quite enjoyed Ferry's one-on-one interviews but the shows with Slane and Kyle began to grate pretty quickly.  But without necessarily going into great detail there's a fair bit beyond the transfer - Tony Watt, Stephen Robinson, chat about his progression through the youths and so on.

I can't say I really picked up any change of pitch when Turnbull was talking about the transfer, but to be honest I don't notice any change of pitch when he's excited either.  He does, as he has suggested in a couple of interviews, come across to me as quite chilled and easy oasy about everything good or bad.

If there's any criticism to be levelled about the frequency of discussions of the breakdown of his transfer then perhaps some of that should be directed to Motherwell for the production documentary, which whilst I thought it was excellent, is in no small part a sales tool.  Keeping The Ball on the Ground is a discussion by Old Firm-centric people for a largely Old Firm-centric audience and I think that has to be kept in mind.

Agree with this summary. Found the transfer talk hard to listen to purely for personal sentimental reasons, wouldn't accuse DT of pining over the collapsed deal or touting himself about by any means.

I realise that I am not the target audience for these sort of things, but am I alone in thinking that DT may have been ill advised to appear on such a production? Cringeworthy and embarrassing would be my first thoughts on the general content. I understand that these are unprecedented times, but a player in Turnbull 's position really has nothing to gain and quite a lot to lose by choosing to appear on it. As it was, and I have to admît that I couldn't bring myself to listen to all of it, he seems to not have said anything too stupid, but it begs the question, why put yourself in that position in the first place?

20 hours ago, The African said:

I realise that I am not the target audience for these sort of things, but am I alone in thinking that DT may have been ill advised to appear on such a production? Cringeworthy and embarrassing would be my first thoughts on the general content. I understand that these are unprecedented times, but a player in Turnbull 's position really has nothing to gain and quite a lot to lose by choosing to appear on it. As it was, and I have to admît that I couldn't bring myself to listen to all of it, he seems to not have said anything too stupid, but it begs the question, why put yourself in that position in the first place?

Totally agree,as much as I like a carry on and a laugh,I thought this was really cringy,looked as if nobody could be bothered.think davie seems a decent,laid back sort of guy and a bit unsure amongst 3 guys who if they were honest didn't give it their all cause there brains were full of shite

Just now, Benson said:

Totally agree,as much as I like a carry on and a laugh,I thought this was really cringy,looked as if nobody could be bothered.think davie seems a decent,laid back sort of guy and a bit unsure amongst 3 guys who if they were honest didn't give it their all cause there brains were full of shite

Just to add on,I think dt,s got his head screwed on and went fail for the lack of trying.hes a good lad

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, texanwellfan said:

Celtic using our plan A ? About 70% possession and down 0-1. 

edit: looks like Celtic have a plan C since we know planB works about the same as plan A. 

So apparently even switching back and forth with plan C and plan A doesn’t work either it’s just CACA. 

I have no great sympathy for Celtic tonight, but the format of the Champions League where actual national champions have to play in qualifying rounds while teams that finish 4th can come in at a later round is just corrupt.

• Like 3

• David locked this topic