The 'Magnificent' David Turnbull Discussion Thread

sailor_h

On Motherwell's handling of the David Turnbull situation, what are your thoughts (assuming no minimum release clause)?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. On Motherwell's handling of the David Turnbull situation, what are your thoughts (assuming no minimum release clause)?

• Happy we have accepted the quoted fee of 3.25m + add ons.
    • Think we should have held out for more, but still sold this summer
    • Think we should have kept David for at least one more season
    • Happy we have accepted the quoted fee of 3.25m + add ons, but shouldn't have accepted a bid from a club in Scotland
    • Other thoughts. Please comment

7 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Am I right in thinking that Celtic signed Phil O'Donnell just before our Euro game against Borussia Dortmund in 1994 and he didn't play for us in that match?

Thats the way I remember it too

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Am I right in thinking that Celtic signed Phil O'Donnell just before our Euro game against Borussia Dortmund in 1994 and he didn't play for us in that match?

I thought he was on the verge of signing but didn’t travel with us anyway.

20 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

His last match for us was at Rugby Park against Kilmarnock when we stole the points with an early Tommy Coyne goal and then got pummelled but somehow survived.

Remember the away fans singing 'Please Don't Go'.

The Dortmund game was a couple of weeks later. 

[EDIT - Just checked it out, Kilmarnock was his last league match, he played in the midweek match against Airdrie in the League Cup which was his final appearance, 31st Aug 1994.  Dortmund match was 13th Sep]

• Like 1

• David locked this topic