2018/2019 Game 37:St Johnstone (A) May 11th 3pm Kick off

David

Win? Lose? Or Draw?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What you reckon the outcome will be?

• Motherwell win
    • St Johnstone win
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/13/2019 at 05:30 PM

1 minute ago, Yorkyred said:

I just enjoy the weekend a bit more when we win. I’m old, I don’t have much else on a weekend these days other than watching the wife knitting on a Saturday night.

It's not so much that I enjoy the weekend more when we win, but I'm  a right miserable c**t when we lose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, David said:

No one said they're single handedly keeping the club afloat, but if we're going to the trouble of trying to rustle a couple of hundred quid together or whatever is raised via such means then we shouldn't be dismissive of 60 grand.

Imagine if the club announced that they'd raised 60 grand via bucket collection, or through Well Society membership sales over the course of a single day. We'd all be pretty happy with that, wouldn't we? Well, this is the same thing. The players can essentially "win" us 60 grand by going out there and wanting it more than St Johnstone. 

Maybe Saints will be thinking "60 grand? Who gives a fuck? It's holiday time!" and we can take advantage of it.

Saints won't be thinking that, but Saints fans might be. They aren't the same thing, and I presume that's O40Y is getting at.

It's like when someone says something like "We're definitely going to lose today", and someone replies with "thinking like that we're as well just giving them the points". Mate, I'm not playing...it makes no difference what I think.

• Like 1

Really good prices for families!

Appears to be £16 for an adult and 2 kids, £29 for 2 adults and 2 kids.

Trying to persuade the wife to come along, or let me go with our well behaved kid. :lol:

Anybody sat in the family stand? Appears to be mixed. Sat there a few years ago when we played there last game of the season, but was just used as an overflow when we filled our section in main stand, so not really representative of what it’s normally like.

23 hours ago, DEWELL said:

Slightly off topic but on the subject of finances have we paid off Mr Hutchenson and Mr Boyle yet . Been posted on here if Cadden leaves we could rake in 600 grand development fee?

I doubt it.  Before this summer's transfer income is taken into account I reckon, at a very rough guesstimate that we owe Messrs Hutchison and Boyle about £320K.  Taking into account Jake Hastie's transfer and other youngsters I'd say we'll be owing about £180k.  If Cadden leaves, as seems likely, or Turnbull departs then I reckon our debt will be just about paid off.    

On 5/9/2019 at 8:22 PM, Yorkyred said:

I just enjoy the weekend a bit more when we win. I’m old, I don’t have much else on a weekend these days other than watching the wife knitting on a Saturday night.

Gotta be better than watching Motherwell in the first half of the season, win, lose or draw.

St. Johnstone have won 3 (Dundee, Dundee, St. Mirren) drawn 1 (Livingston) and lost 1 (Hibs) out the last 5 home matches.

We've drawn 2 (Hamilton, Kilmarnock) and lost 3 (Aberdeen, Hibs, Celtic) out of the last 5 away matches.

St. Johnstone have had easier matches but we've not won away against anyone outside the bottom 3 since last December......when we beat St. Johnstone.

20 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I doubt it.  Before this summer's transfer income is taken into account I reckon, at a very rough guesstimate that we owe Messrs Hutchison and Boyle about £320K.  Taking into account Jake Hastie's transfer and other youngsters I'd say we'll be owing about £180k.  If Cadden leaves, as seems likely, or Turnbull departs then I reckon our debt will be just about paid off.    

Did not know it was as low as that Dave. Not seen actual figures but I thought we still owed Hutchison circa £600k alone ?

The other point I have mentioned on here before is that I am fairly certain that we are obliged to pay a % of transfer fees to Boyle and Hutchison - again not sure if exact amount but I have seen 60% or around that figure mentioned. But no obligation to pay from development fees so any money we receive for Hastie and / or Cadden should be the clubs to utilise. 

5 minutes ago, mfc said:

Yet another penalty we've conceded,how many is that for the season?

According to this link (https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-premiership/topVerursachteElfmeter/wettbewerb/SC1) we had conceded 9 before today. The joint second lowest in the Premiership. 

Not sure how current these figures are, but sounds about right,

1 minute ago, dinnae-punt-it said:

To be fair, I thought the boy took a dive with minimal contact.

I wasn't convinced myself, but difficult to tell from the live stream. 

Same as last week, however, when we are in the final third - lacking that cutting edge to make clear cut chances.

Why is it our creativity just bleeds away when Cadden and McHugh play? Our midfield is back to being absolute shite.

Think we should have had a penalty, looked like a hand ball on the line to me.

Unfortunately Dunne has given away a definite pen at the other end.

We cannot depend on Turnbull every week but can we really look to the same old faces that have let us down so many times before to step up now?

There are quite a few players out there that aren't good enough and the patina of respectability Turnbull has given us is just that - a patina.

• David changed the title to 2018/2019 Game 37:St John2018/2019 Game 37:St Johnstone (A) May 11th 3pm Kick offstone (A) May 11th 3pm Kick off