Robinson yer time is up

Yodo

The manager is clearly not the man to rebuild our club ,it looked good after the turn of the year and yes we played a lot better and it was a joy to watch .The last number of games the teams performance has slowly went down hill and today we were terrible ,I feel the rebuild will be to big a job for Robinson so his time is up at Fir Park 

Robinson needs to learn how to use a sharp set of knives.

Football's ruthless and Robinson needs to understand you can't do this job without getting blood on your hands.

He's been loyal to a lot of players but their performances haven't matched their managers belief in them.

I don't think the manager should be fired on todays, or the last few, performances.

However unless Mr. Nice Guy purges the people that let him down again and again the outcome is inevitable - next December will be very much like this one.

Robinson has, in my opinion, earned the right to have a go at another rebuild next season. He has shown the ability to bring in journeymen and build a team capable of survival in our league. He has learnt how to bring in young players and generally get the best out of them. I think that he genuinely buys into what our club is about and realises that each season is going to be a struggle, but, if he gets things right in recruitment and development then we shall see improvement. Realistically, I struggle to see a better option elsewhere. The question that he will have to ask himself is whether he is up for the fight, because the manager's position at a club like ours is one of constant struggle against the financial odds. The day when the answer to that question is no is when he should leave.

Ridiciculous thread. Robinson isnt going anywhere. Nor should he. Our squad looks like its gonna need a total rebuild and he is well along the way with his plans. Needlessly ditching the manager now would be a massive distraction and waste valuable time. Never gonna happen.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Robinson needs to learn how to use a sharp set of knives.

Football's ruthless and Robinson needs to understand you can't do this job without getting blood on his hands  

This is the guy who wasn’t afraid to clear out the deadwood left by McGhee, including binning players like Pearson, McDonald, Lasley and McManus?!

• Like 1

Just now, Ballso said:

This is the guy who wasn’t afraid to clear out the deadwood left by McGhee, including binning players like Pearson, McDonald, Lasley and McManus?!

Most of those players were on the way out anyway.  And he hardly binned Lasley.

I'm talking about the his own players, players that have 40, 50, 60 matches under his management.   Robinson has been very loyal to a lot of them, overly loyal in some cases and the end of this season should be the end of the road for a lot of them.

Quite a few of them should have been out of here 6 months ago, or a year ago.  Robinson stuck by them for not much return.  He can't afford to make that mistake again.

If Ross county hasn't beaten us in cup we would still be playing hoofball and youngsters wouldn't get a chance.....he only changed style of play cos he got his backside kicked by the board...in my opinion.  But I think calls to punt him a bit OTT at the moment

• Thanks 1

Discounting the dismal Scottish Cup exit, by the close of the season Robinson will have delivered pretty much everything that would have been asked of him by the board before the season began.  We finished comfortably clear of the relegation battle, a number of young players were introduced and there was a notable player sale through Kipre.

That this has been done so whilst debts to former owners will have been further reduced and edging closer towards the break even point the board seek and I'd wager they won't consider this season a failure.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

Didn't we not first change our style in the Accies game in December, when we played Frear as a winger and he tore them a new one?

Yes you are correct and I'll bet like the rest of the support you thought you would see that team that beat Accies line up against Ross County but how wrong we were .

For goodness sake what are our expectations ?

Yes we have seen some dire football. Yes the Scottish Cup exit was sh***. But have we not had a pretty good second half to the season.

I said it at the beginning of the year be careful what you wish for. MFC have a restricted budget and SR has shown he can work within it. When you are bringing in players from the lower leagues then some are not going to be successful .

Lets not waste any more time slagging off the manager. I for one do not wish to see a change.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Gillespie

Grimmy                 Aldred                    Dunne             Tait

R Gorrin

Hastie/Cadds     Campbell         Turnbull            Ariyibi

Main

Our strongest team by far. Who's letting the side down? Bewildering statement.

• Like 1