2018/2019 Game 38: Livingston (H) May 18th 12:30pm Kick off

David

Win, lose, or draw?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the score will be this weekend?

• Motherwell win
    • Livingston win
    • Draw
    • Honestly couldn't give a fuck really

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/18/2019 at 11:15 AM

So, last game of the season and a legitimate dead rubber, with us unable to catch St Johnstone in 7th, but Livingston unable to catch us in 8th. 

What team would you go for at the weekend? It's a choice between playing some more of the kids to give them a runout, or playing some of the more established players in what could be their farewell game for us, give them a chance to say goodbye and all that.

I think the lineup will be quite telling. If we see the likes of Main and Hartley brought back into the fold there's a good chance they'll be on their way in the summer I'd think, 

One thing I would do is make some pretty substantial changes where possible to the shite we saw against St Johnstone. Another performance like that, dead rubber or not, is unacceptable.

I don't think we'll see Hastie feature after the grief he got at the weekend, but I'd be happy enough to see some of the first team who are moving on be given a chance to say goodbye, sprinkled with some of the youngsters getting game time as well.

1 minute ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Are we going to have those stupid net things over the first few rows of the East Stand again? :rolleyes:

As long as we have stupid fans who want to run onto the pitch, I'm guessing yes.

• Thanks 1

Strangely looking forward to this one. Nothing to play for gives us the chance to see a few youngsters on the fringes. Also, I see we're doing the free kids tickets in the south stand again and I heard the bottom tier is sold out already, so we could be looking at a decent crowd for essentially a friendly.

Suspect we'll see Livingstone, possibly Ferguson and semple start.

Hoping for a bit of an enjoyment factor - 2-2 draw.

2 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Will Declan Gallagher play against us?

If he is picked by his manager.

Would like to see us go 433 Barca style and all out attack. 

Gillespie

Tait

Dunne

Aldred

Livingstone

Turnbull

McHugh if Gorrin is away

Campbell

Cadden

Scott

Semple

Why the fuck not eh?! 

7 hours ago, GazzyB said:

If he is picked by his manager.

Would like to see us go 433 Barca style and all out attack. 

Gillespie

Tait

Dunne

Aldred

Livingstone

Turnbull

McHugh if Gorrin is away

Campbell

Cadden

Scott

Semple

Why the fuck not eh?! 

And get beat 4-0?

this time last season, we played Accies, with Turnbull Maguire Ciftci Liam Brown Petravicous, Ross maclean all getting run outs, Turned them over 3-0, ciftci was on fire, pegging folk, flicking it over heads. Same again please. Would like to see Livingstone and Semple start this one personally. Any chance of seeing Mckinstry, Cornelius, Mcalear or David Devine?

2 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

I think this could be entertaining as no pressure for either teams as guaranteed 8th and 9th.    Would be good to see Semple get a start.

The correspdonding fixture against Accies last season was certainly entertaining, with Turnbull and Ciftci running the show.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Neilwell86 said:

this time last season, we played Accies, with Turnbull Maguire Ciftci Liam Brown Petravicous, Ross maclean all getting run outs, Turned them over 3-0, ciftci was on fire, pegging folk, flicking it over heads. Same again please. Would like to see Livingstone and Semple start this one personally. Any chance of seeing Mckinstry, Cornelius, Mcalear or David Devine?

Few unlikely’s there. David Devine been named in  recent squads... Best opportunity though as this ‘play our strongest 11’ pish has got us where?  

Edited by Onthefringes
Additional

This should be approached as a training match with as many of the young players as possible getting game time. Why not . The first team guys who've expressed a desire to leave should be allowed to do so asap. We need to see if the likes of Scott. Livingstone and McGuire can hack it at first team level. Im sure Livi wont have their full team out either.

13 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Interesting that 37.5 % of survey respondents don't care in the least if we win, lose or draw. 

Why's that interesting? It's a game that literally means nothing. We can't finish any higher or lower.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, David said:

Why's that interesting? It's a game that literally means nothing. We can't finish any higher or lower.

Its just well.... interesting to get everyone's take on the game.  While I like us to win every game we all know its not going to happen.  Last Saturday and this Saturday too, there's other important considerations like giving up and coming youngsters game time.  As you say the result will make no difference to our final league position or financial reward.  

Are we expecting to see a fairly decent crowd on saturday with the tickets going to school kids?

EDIT: Just seen a tweet from the official twitter that the south stand is close to being sold out for Saturday. Weirdly excited by the thought of seeing fir park that full without either of the Glasgow sides in town.