2018/2019 Game 38: Livingston (H) May 18th 12:30pm Kick off

David

Win, lose, or draw?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the score will be this weekend?

• Motherwell win
    • Livingston win
    • Draw
    • Honestly couldn't give a fuck really

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/18/2019 at 11:15 AM

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

Shame it’s not like that every week to get behind the lads. For a club like us we should be getting at least 5k home fans a week and handing out free tickets where possible as it is always going to be made back from merchandise, food and drinks, programmes etc. Something the club should do more often the more full the stadium is and the more noise the more it transforms onto the park.

8 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Shame it’s not like that every week to get behind the lads. For a club like us we should be getting at least 5k home fans a week and handing out free tickets where possible as it is always going to be made back from merchandise, food and drinks, programmes etc. Something the club should do more often the more full the stadium is and the more noise the more it transforms onto the park.

Absolutely 

20 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Do the club not do that anyway? Certainly in recent seasons, they used to invite applications from kids' organisations (cubs, BBs, schools, etc.) to get free tickets for most home games.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Do the club not do that anyway? Certainly in recent seasons, they used to invite applications from kids' organisations (cubs, BBs, schools, etc.) to get free tickets for most home games.

Doesn’t seem like it as crowds seem to dwindled this season around 3.5k - 4k. 

15 minutes ago, Yoshi-1991 said:

Probably a fair bit, but my argument has always been that you would make it back with kiosk sales, merch, and the accompanying adults paying. 

Presumably the club have plenty of actual figures based on the number of times they've done this over the years, and have determined that they wouldn't...

28 minutes ago, numpty said:

Presumably the club have plenty of actual figures based on the number of times they've done this over the years, and have determined that they wouldn't...

True, but they have only ever done it for one off games and I am not sure those figures would ring true for the course of a few games or over a season. Other factors to take into account that dont stack up for one off games are things like merch, where someone going to a one off game isnt going to buy a top, someone going every week would. Also there is no momentum, if a kid is going for free every week there is a good chance that that spreads throughout their friend groups etc where as if they need to pay they may only go once in a while or not at all depending on their family's financial situation or other commitments/ cheaper alternatives.  

and then of course if you hook them young, they become paying ticket holders down the line.

1 hour ago, fizoxy said:

How much money would we lose if kids were just free all the time?

I am over 60 now, and been a fan all my days, but I never paid in when me and my pals were wee boys. We used to sneak in before the game started over the wall from our school, Knowetop. Or we crawled under the turnstiles, or got lifted over them.  Anyway, I was well and truly hooked. So let the kids in free, and hopefully they will return for the next 60 years

• Like 1

Anytime the south stand isn't in use next season,for games against the likes of Ross county and livingston,i would like too see us giving away free tickets.i get that there would be costs involved to open the south stand for they games,like stewarding and paying kiosk staff but if it was financially do able,i would hope it was something the club was thinking about,it would be better to have a stand with local youngsters getting in for free than having it lying empty.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

They've tried a few different approaches with "Wellevate" and the like. Right now, kids 15 or under can get a season ticket in the O'Donnell, Hunter or Cooper for £20 - that's not a bad deal.

Yeah I agree, however I also think the club could do more to market it. The way they currently advertise, its aimed at already existing fans, not well tailored towards the general public. 

I don’t see any kind of disadvantage to the club having 3.5-4K sold money tickets (who are likely to buy stuff from kiosk, cooper, programmes) and then giving away the rest of the tickets who would do the same most likely as above. You’d rather the tickets were used up than a more than half empty stadium. It’s always possible aswell that they kids who came last week may see the 20 quid season ticket and get one. 

38 minutes ago, supermarv said:

I don’t see any kind of disadvantage to the club having 3.5-4K sold money tickets (who are likely to buy stuff from kiosk, cooper, programmes) and then giving away the rest of the tickets who would do the same most likely as above. You’d rather the tickets were used up than a more than half empty stadium. It’s always possible aswell that they kids who came last week may see the 20 quid season ticket and get one. 

Anecdotal evidence maybe, but one of my colleagues informed me on Monday night that her daughter, having got a free ticket on Saturday, was now saying she wanted a season ticket.  Only one person and the notion may wear off in the close season but suggests it's possible to have an impact. 

You have to wonder if doing it for the last day of the season is the wrong time to do it. Obviously I don't know if it's even possible but doing this for the league cup games in the summer or an early league game might have a more positive impact as there's another game right around the corner and therefore less of a cooling off period...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

Anecdotal evidence maybe, but one of my colleagues informed me on Monday night that her daughter, having got a free ticket on Saturday, was now saying she wanted a season ticket.  Only one person and the notion may wear off in the close season but suggests it's possible to have an impact. 

You have to wonder if doing it for the last day of the season is the wrong time to do it. Obviously I don't know if it's even possible but doing this for the league cup games in the summer or an early league game might have a more positive impact as there's another game right around the corner and therefore less of a cooling off period...

Although, if it's encouraging kids to ask for a season ticket, it's not a bad thing to be doing it when all the season tickets are on sale at their early bird pricing.

Excellent deal from the club for an adult season ticket holder or over 60 season ticket holder to bring up to 2 kids free all season long.  Don’t know what normal is or what other clubs are doing but that sounds like a terrific offer from the club. Just the sort of thing that’s been discussed on here 

10 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

Excellent deal from the club for an adult season ticket holder or over 60 season ticket holder to bring up to 2 kids free all season long.  Don’t know what normal is or what other clubs are doing but that sounds like a terrific offer from the club. Just the sort of thing that’s been discussed on here 

They’ve been doing that for at least 3 seasons.

its also only £2 extra for me to take my wee boy on the PATG price.

The cost of bringing kids to Fir park is already negligible. (An adult and 2 kids in the east stand (£23) is cheaper than a single adult at most of our rivals!)

We should definitely publicise this more/better; particularly to visiting fans, it’s an easy market to crack, people who already go to football, getting them to go to an away game shouldn’t be too hard to sell. For me a good away support improves the atmosphere, which improves the “product”....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

They’ve been doing that for at least 3 seasons.

its also only £2 extra for me to take my wee boy on the PATG price.

The cost of bringing kids to Fir park is already negligible. (An adult and 2 kids in the east stand (£23) is cheaper than a single adult at most of our rivals!)

We should definitely publicise this more/better; particularly to visiting fans, it’s an easy market to crack, people who already go to football, getting them to go to an away game shouldn’t be too hard to sell. For me a good away support improves the atmosphere, which improves the “product”....

I agree. Unless it's the bigot brothers. They can GTF. 

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 1:49 AM, GazzyB said:

Gotta say calling out a guy who lives in USA for being an armchair fan is absolutely pish crack, even for you. 

I was calling him out for being snarky towards me for no reason by using the benefit of hindsight without even take into consideration the context of my actual comment - ie, we should play a couple of younger fringe players.  The fact that I forgot Queen of the South were in the play off final and Maguire wasn't available or that we were 3-0 up wasn't really central to the point I was making.  

I deliberately retorted in a similarly shitty and annoying manner, completely aware I was doing so, ie, as had been done to me. 

If you need anything else explained to you that's not literal or surface level let me know.

But the truth is I actually don't mind Wee Yin as he doesn't seem to hold a grudge or belong to some clique of midgets who are all angry at me for discrediting them so many times.

Long ball bad - correct.  Robinson's midfield acquisitions shite - correct.  Kipre's second contract - correct.  Play technically superior youth players - correct.   Won't win with McHugh - correct.

I think that pretty much covers all my major arguments over the last year or so.   It's that sort of intelligent prescience that enabled me to win the Pie & Bovril prediction league. 

**kisses**  see you August.

:lol:

• Confused 1

On 5/28/2019 at 8:18 PM, Ya Bezzer! said:

I was calling him out for being snarky towards me for no reason by using the benefit of hindsight without even take into consideration the context of my actual comment - ie, we should play a couple of younger fringe players.  The fact that I forgot Queen of the South were in the play off final and Maguire wasn't available or that we were 3-0 up wasn't really central to the point I was making.  

I deliberately retorted in a similarly shitty and annoying manner, completely aware I was doing so, ie, as had been done to me. 

If you need anything else explained to you that's not literal or surface level let me know.

But the truth is I actually don't mind Wee Yin as he doesn't seem to hold a grudge or belong to some clique of midgets who are all angry at me for discrediting them so many times.

Long ball bad - correct.  Robinson's midfield acquisitions shite - correct.  Kipre's second contract - correct.  Play technically superior youth players - correct.   Won't win with McHugh - correct.

I think that pretty much covers all my major arguments over the last year or so.   It's that sort of intelligent prescience that enabled me to win the Pie & Bovril prediction league. 

Wow

On 5/28/2019 at 7:18 PM, Ya Bezzer! said:

:doh:. What a tosser, have a look at yourself with posts like that.