2018/2019 Game 38: Livingston (H) May 18th 12:30pm Kick off

David

Win, lose, or draw?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the score will be this weekend?

• Motherwell win
    • Livingston win
    • Draw
    • Honestly couldn't give a fuck really

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/18/2019 at 11:15 AM

1 hour ago, Ballso said:

There is no other football this weekend until the FA Cup Final at 5pm. Surely they could relaxed the blackout period for this round of fixtures?

There are two Scottish play-off final games at 3pm and one play-off final game at 4:05pm on Saturday. So they are happy enough to clash with the FA Cup Final. 

If nothing else, there is no reason they couldn't play all the games at 3pm on Sunday. Pretty standard for the last day of the season to have all the games kick off a the same time on the same day.

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:16 PM, David said:

Why's that interesting? It's a game that literally means nothing. We can't finish any higher or lower.

Any so called Motherwell supporter who doesn't want Motherwell to win every game is a weirdo and needs to find a new hobby like doing jigsaws but not bothering if they complete them or racing pigeons but not bothering of the birds show up. The whole point of the game is to win!

It's our team vs another team - that's all the meaning you need.

• Like 6

Even if we cant finish any higher I will still be hoping for the 3 points especially which a larger than normal crowd expected.   History shows when we get a larger than normal crowd in we usually fail to show up in a lot of these games and it wont encourage people to come back. 

An earlier post mentioned a 6-2 win with Turnbull getting a hat trick.  The game when Faddy scored a hat trick last game of the season in a meaningless game against Livingston was one that I will always remember.    We kicked on from there the following season by finishing top 6 so hopefully the same outcome. 

29 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Any so called Motherwell supporter who doesn't want Motherwell to win every game is a weirdo and needs to find a new hobby like doing jigsaws but not bothering if they complete them or racing pigeons but not bothering of the birds show up. The whole point of the game is to win!

It's our team vs another team - that's all the meaning you need.

I don't think there's anyone who "doesn't want Motherwell to win" this game, or any other game, but there's probably a few who don't see the result as being all that important. 

I'm now of the opinion that some fans had even when 7th was still possible, and think we should be looking to give the guys who've been here for a while and are leaving the chance to say goodbye, as well as giving the kids some more game time.

Do I "want" us to win? Of course. Am I going to be bothered if we don't? Not really. 

1 hour ago, Ross said:

Ma pal who’s dean Cornelius cousin said that he’s playing tomorrow apparently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In his pre-match Robinson said he'd be in the squad and "might" get a game - but I'm guessing that means he'll make an appearance.

Livingston were probably the better team when we went 2-0 up.  Poor defensively again with Dunne again not covering himself in glory and Livingston actually had more chances than we had up to that point.   Great wee 'off the training ground' style goal though.

Livingston then went into holiday mode and it looked like we were going to give them a drubbing until HT came and we went into holiday mode.

Bit gutted Turnbull didn't get his hat trick.  Donnelly playing the Gorrin role and not sure it quite worked out.  Few misplaced passes and didn't seem to really get on the ball very often, it was only one match though.

Will be interesting to see the second Livvie goal on TV as it looked miles offside to me.