Maurice Ross

Neilwell86

Listened to the Podcast in full last night, very interesting listen and insight into the running of the reserves, speaks incredibly highly of Robinson, and all the coaching staff for that matter. Gives very frank and honest opinions on everything discussed, even down to the 2011 scottish cup final. He seems to have a very good footballing brain as well, he goes into quite some detail about how he aims to set his teams up.

And to add, as honest and frank as he is throughout the interview he also thinks David Turnbull is an absolute baller.

Would highly recommend.

• Thanks 1

Excellent interview with Maurice Ross and great insight as to how club is run by the coaching staff . Refreshingly honest and pragmatic . He seems to really understand the philosophy of the club and where we are in the big scheme of things . Sounds like a great addition to the coaching staff . 

Possible manager of our club one day ?  Just putting it out there if eventually Robinson decides he’s done his bit and wants to move on in the future

Just listened to that and (my first MFC Podcast) have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it, so thanks and congratulations to all involved for an excellent product.

As for Maurice Ross and what he had to say, I have to say that he comes across as a very impressive individual. If he walks the walk as well as he talks the talk, and I have no reason to think that he doesn’t, then we are seriously lucky to have him with the club. I think he gets what our club is about and seems to think that we are heading in the right direction. I wish him the best of luck with his endeavours.

12 hours ago, gee said:

Interesting comment that we’d love to sign Lafferty but can’t afford him.

He’d be a great fit for our system. 

At the time, I didn't think much into that other than using a big player as an example but when you put it like that, he could have said anyone at all, so maybe there was more to it than an off the cuff comment.

He also mentioned Kyle Macdonald being released in the summer....was that documented before hand?

1 hour ago, Neilwell86 said:

At the time, I didn't think much into that other than using a big player as an example but when you put it like that, he could have said anyone at all, so maybe there was more to it than an off the cuff comment.

He also mentioned Kyle Macdonald being released in the summer....was that documented before hand?

From what I understand, Lafferty has been told that he has no future at Ibrox and to find himself a new club...the 1st phone call he made was to Robinson.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

From what I understand, Lafferty has been told that he has no future at Ibrox and to find himself a new club...the 1st phone call he made was to Robinson.

A guy in my work, plays for EKYM and they have Lafferty and O'Dea taking training at the moment, he made a comment about how Lafferty said he was offered a few deals over in Asia before he signed for rangers so that might come about again. I suppose the offer of football and to stay local might be appealing, i'd certainly take him.