Jump to content

underboyleheating

Macron 2019-20 home and away kits

Recommended Posts

It’s that time of year when the new kits for the coming season will soon be revealed. Macron have done a relatively good job during the 5 years they have suppled our kit. Xara got 9 years and are still our longest supplier in recent years. They supplied our kit from 1998 until 2007.

So what are we all hoping Macron will give us for the 2019-20 season?

Of course both shirts will more than likely be ruined by the obligatory ‘betting dot com’ sponsor. An unfortunate trait that effects nearly 35 clubs over the UK and the biggest moan that I hear on the football kit forums from fans of clubs blighted by the online gambling industry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping they'll give us that Olympic Lyon Adidas template...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, weeyin said:

I'm hoping they'll give us that Olympic Lyon Adidas template...

We can but dream, but sadly it’s Macron for at least another season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, weeyin said:

Olympic Lyon Adidas template...

How the Lyon shirt would look in C&A with the addition of a hoop.

60479748_2200240770013270_73061876362326

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice. I'd buy that one.

EDIT: I think the away top is my favourite, but I've always been a fan of our white tops.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm the opposite - never been a fan of the white away tops. Always preferred the claret/ reverse home style ones. But that one is smart! Like the home one too. Here's hoping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

How the Lyon shirt would look in C&A with the addition of a hoop.

60479748_2200240770013270_73061876362326

Just give UBH the job every year.

Those are awesome.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really like those strips. 

Would look pretty smart as polo tops as well for the holidays...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually find the Macron stuff ok, it’s pretty well made, purchased this season away top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

I actually find the Macron stuff ok, it’s pretty well made, purchased this season away top.

Quality is fine - I just wasn't a big fan of the collar style this season. Thought it spoiled the look.

I have one of the rain jackets, and agree it's well made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

I actually find the Macron stuff ok, it’s pretty well made, purchased this season away top.

The Macron stuff is okay, however, if I had to be picky the detailing can be a little too fussy. This years home collar is a good example of how to complicate a crew neck. If it’s not broke there is no need to fix/change it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, one_luc_nijholt said:

i see they are changing their logo - getting rid of teh Macron lettering

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/01/all-macron-kits-to-feature-new-logo-style-from-2019-20-season.html

It's Macron’s attempt to streamline their branding to bring it into line with other manufacturers like Nike, Puma etc.  I understand why they do it but I do wish they would keep the logo’s on their shirts to a minimum, i.e. one. In my opinion the two icons on the shoulder just increase the overall fussiness of their shirts. Macron clearly see this as a branding awareness exercise similar to Kappa. Bukta, Umbro and Admiral started this trend in the 1970s by saturating kits in branding by incorporating it as part of their overall design. I loved those kits as they are part of design history but in today’s world I believe less is more.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two of the latest Macron shirt designs are the Alhena  and the Canopus. Both contain a little of the fussiness I was describing about their kit. Of course they do it to make their shirt templates different from the others, however at times you wonder what purpose these little design elements serve.

The Macron Alhena shirt
Image result for Macron Alhena

The Macron Canopus shirt
  Image result for Macron Canopus
Actually both would make reasonable Motherwell tops and I would be relatively happy with them. 

A very quick C&A version of those shirts to give you some idea of what potentially they would look like.

infhgm.jpg
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, underboyleheating said:

Two of the latest Macron shirt designs are the Alhena  and the Canopus. Both contain a little of the fussiness I was describing about their kit. Of course they do it to make their shirt templates different from the others, however at times you wonder what purpose these little design elements serve.

The Macron Alhena shirt
Image result for Macron Alhena

The Macron Canopus shirt
  Image result for Macron Canopus
Actually both would make reasonable Motherwell tops and I would be relatively happy with them. 

A very quick C&A version of those shirts to give you some idea of what potentially they would look like.

infhgm.jpg
 

Nice .....but I reckon that home top would be even better with the diagonal band .....don’t know if you could show that ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

Nice .....but I reckon that home top would be even better with the diagonal band .....don’t know if you could show that ??

I do love diagonal sash shirts, however, in my opinion they work better with winged collars rather than the crewneck style shown. The one we had recently was a one off home kit that payed homage to our mid 70s side and I very much doubt we will be doing that again soon on our home top. I would tend to reserve it for away shirts and leave our home as traditional as possible. 

Anyway, here is a very quick diagonal sash render on the Alhena shirt.

24bupfn.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 3:55 PM, underboyleheating said:

I do love diagonal sash shirts, however, in my opinion they work better with winged collars rather than the crewneck style shown. The one we had recently was a one off home kit that payed homage to our mid 70s side and I very much doubt we will be doing that again soon on our home top. I would tend to reserve it for away shirts and leave our home as traditional as possible. 

Anyway, here is a very quick diagonal sash render on the Alhena shirt.

24bupfn.jpg

Thanks...looks good...a better look than the one we had a few years ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clocked Del Potro wearing a potential Well third kit today at the French open

Screenshot_20190530-221323~2.png

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Gamst said:

Clocked Del Potro wearing a potential Well third kit today at the French open

Screenshot_20190530-221323~2.png

I’ll add him to the list of celebrity ‘well fans, along with the Dalai Lama and Harry Pitter. All that claret and amber has to mean something.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're this side of the pond that Del Potro shirt is available for $80 from nike.com

 

(Should probably have posted that in the All Things Claret and Amber thread)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I’ll add him to the list of celebrity ‘well fans, along with the Dalai Lama and Harry Pitter. All that claret and amber has to mean something.

Will Smith can be added to the list


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Ross said:


Will Smith can be added to the list


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does he wear a lot of claret and amber?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×