Macron 2019-20 home and away kits

underboyleheating

Macron 2019-20 home and away kits  

75 members have voted

1. 1. The new kits - which do you prefer?

• Home
    • Away
    • Much the Same
    • None of the Above

Truth is there is not a lot of money about for sponsorship. 

Probably why Hibs have gone with the Community Programme on their shirt. 

Once you factor in associated costs of providing free tickets / hospitality etc even £50,000 a year would not net the club much in the way of profit. 

If there is no sponsor I would consider buying a couple of away tops as it is a belter.

27 minutes ago, weeyin said:

The last audited accounts show sponsorship and adversting brought in £453,639.

Of course, that's not all shirt logos, but it's a fair chunk of change,

I would guess the vast majority of that would be advertising.

23 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

I wonder how much it costs to secure the front of shirt sponsorship on our tops?

I don't know, but apparently the most recent deal with BetPark was supposedly our most lucrative in the past 10 years.

4 minutes ago, rinkydink said:

Noticed they’ve put a LinkedIn post out today which could be easily be construed as a “come and get me” plea from the claret band to potential sponsors. 

If it is, it's a really really bad one. I'd expect someone looking for sponsors to at least say "sponsorship deal available"

15 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

So potentially we have no front of shirt sponsor for the start of the new season. However, I refuse to believe that won’t be resolved asap as our marketing team are usually on the ball with these things. 

Are they?

I'm pretty sure the shirt hasn't went on sale as planned due to not having a shirt sponsor the past few years.

31 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Are they?

I'm pretty sure the shirt hasn't went on sale as planned due to not having a shirt sponsor the past few years.

The club would probably sell loads of shirts if they went on sale sponsor free, any good sales opportunities should not be missed, so something they should consider.

16 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

The club would probably sell loads of shirts if they went on sale sponsor free, any good sales opportunities should not be missed, so something they should consider.

I doubt they'd be able to recoup the loss from the inevitable cut in sponsorship revenue (unless we have a particularly benevolent sponsor waiting in the wings).

51 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Are they?

We’ve always managed to fill the space, so I don’t see why this season should be any different from previous years. 

16 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

issue here is that we then run the risk of not getting any sponsor at all. The sales opportunity that we miss every season though is not having the strips on sale for the summer holidays, our kit is due to come out on the 22nd july, by which time most families have been and gone, kid's are back to school in a few weeks time and the opportunity is missed, you have your people who buy kits religiously but surely aiming to have the kit on sale for to tackle the holiday market has to a priority.

on a similar note, if we have the kits on sale for the summer holidays you can then try and get kids kicking a ball down the park in the motherwell top, rather than the rangers top or the celtic top, wee daft things like that are how you get hooked, celebrating a goal pretending you are a David Turnbull.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

issue here is that we then run the risk of not getting any sponsor at all. The sales opportunity that we miss every season though is not having the strips on sale for the summer holidays, our kit is due to come out on the 22nd july, by which time most families have been and gone, kid's are back to school in a few weeks time and the opportunity is missed, you have your people who buy kits religiously but surely aiming to have the kit on sale for to tackle the holiday market has to a priority.

on a similar note, if we have the kits on sale for the summer holidays you can then try and get kids kicking a ball down the park in the motherwell top, rather than the rangers top or the celtic top, wee daft things like that are how you get hooked, celebrating a goal pretending you are a David Turnbull.

I see the "missing the summer" argument most years, but I'm not sure I buy it.  Is there anyone that wants a new top that ends up not buying it in late July or early August? And if any 'Well fan buys their kid a Rangers or Celtic top instead, they should have an immediate Fir Park banning order imposed :ph34r:

There must be a fair number that would buy one for there holiday surely? Well fans II has been rife with folk showing colours in benidorm !! Might not be a well fan, all these youngsters we had along at livi last day of the season a few of them might have been up the road asking for the new top. it's all if's but's and maybe I know but it can't do any harm can it? 

9 minutes ago, weeyin said:

My point is that if they don't buy them for the holiday they aren't lost sales. Those people are almost always going to buy them later.

You are more likely to get someone buying the top in the warmer months when the weather suits I'd reckon.

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

You are more likely to get someone buying the top in the warmer months when the weather suits I'd reckon.

I tend to buy them half price when we’re knocked out the Scottish cup.

Only advantage  of bringing first round proper into December. :lol:

And bit me in the arse when we got to final and shirt became a classic.

Can see for kids etc. having them out early is surely a must? We had literally thousands of extra kids at our last home game, hundreds at the open day, can imagine there would’ve been folk at both who would have considered a kit if available...

I remember going back years not getting kits until well into the summer. IIRC the fluorescent yellow one from mid 90s wasn’t available to buy until October.

18 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I'm not saying people wouldn't buy them. Just that if we lost even, say, £10k from a £150k sponsorhip deal by selling without a logo, that is a lot of extra shirts we'd need to sell to make up the difference.

Oh yeah, we’re going to recoup a few thousand quid tops. (Pun not intended)

Although given there’s a decent chance kids strips will ultimately need to remain sponsorless anyway, just get them out...

Didn't we have a sponsor lined up a few years ago that fell through at the last second and we had to do a cut price deal to get a back of shirt sponsor to move to the front? For some reason, we always (from the outside looking in) SEEM to struggle to get sponsorship deals over the line

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Apart from our double cup final season, I don't suppose we are all that attractive to sponsors as far as exposure is concerned. The bigger deals that teams like Accies end up with tend to come from fans with money to burn (or money laundering outifts :ph34r:) rather than companies worrying about return on investment.