Macron 2019-20 home and away kits

underboyleheating

Macron 2019-20 home and away kits  

75 members have voted

1. 1. The new kits - which do you prefer?

• Home
    • Away
    • Much the Same
    • None of the Above

15 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

You are more likely to get someone buying the top in the warmer months when the weather suits I'd reckon.

Yup, I agree. I know two guys who would have bought the away shirt to wear in Portugal on holiday, but who are now saying they'll pick it up at the end of this season when it's down in price to wear on their holidays next year.

Well I usually go on holiday late June time and would always like to get the new kit for taking with me on holiday the last 2 years I’ve had to wear the black away kit which I do really like. Last year I didn’t buy it as the home strip was the usual boring C&A nothing special and the away was nice but not worth it for me. This year I like both and would like to purchase both of them.

3 hours ago, David said:

Yup, I agree. I know two guys who would have bought the away shirt to wear in Portugal on holiday, but who are now saying they'll pick it up at the end of this season when it's down in price to wear on their holidays next year.

So, as I mentioned earlier, if a sponsor offers 150k for a logo to be put on the shirts, or (generously) 120k if the shirts are sold in the summer without it, how many sales would need to be made to compensate for that 30k difference?  (Remembering it's profit that needs to be calculated, not turnover).

Also, if your mates are buying it later then it is still a sale - the club will still get a cut, so factor that into the calculation.

And if they were my mates I'd be suggesting that if they can afford a holiday in Portugal, they can afford a nice shirt. The club shop sells some smart golf shirts if they want to keep it MFC related.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

So, as I mentioned earlier, if a sponsor offers 150k for a logo to be put on the shirts, or (generously) 120k if the shirts are sold in the summer without it, how many sales would need to be made to compensate for that 30k difference?  (Remembering it's profit that needs to be calculated, not turnover).

Why are you suggesting it's one or the other?

The point being made is we are always late with arranging a sponsor (for whatever reason) and that delays the sale of the shirt. If they sorted the issue with the sponsor then they could get their sponsor money and they few extra sales.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, weeyin said:

And if they were my mates I'd be suggesting that if they can afford a holiday in Portugal, they can afford a nice shirt. The club shop sells some smart golf shirts if they want to keep it MFC related.

They'll just wear the shirt from last season probably. 

We should be fully supporting anything the club can do to eliminate the weirdos that are grown adults wearing football tops at any time other than playing 5's or going to a game.

Not allowing these people to buy one before their holiday has clearly been decided at board level, and should be applauded.

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Al B said:

We should be fully supporting anything the club can do to eliminate the weirdos that are grown adults wearing football tops at any time other than playing 5's or going to a game.

Not allowing these people to buy one before their holiday has clearly been decided at bored level, and should be applauded.

Or beach towels :D

I can't help but think our social media output has helped us land this deal with Paddy Power seeing it as being a bit unorthodox and tying in nicely with their brand. Hopefully it's a lucrative deal for us as linking up with a bookies won't sit well with some. 

• Like 2

I know taking cash from betting firms is generally frowned upon and sometimes for good reason but I dont think we can afford to be sniffy.

This will undoubtedly be a good deal for the club with the benefit that we all get to buy 2 pretty cracking logo free kits!

Also, lets give credit where its due. The Paddypower adds are generally pretty funny. I cant help feeling just a little bit proud at the fact we are doing something groundbreaking and just a little cool.

• Thanks 1