Macron 2019-20 home and away kits

underboyleheating

Macron 2019-20 home and away kits  

75 members have voted

1. 1. The new kits - which do you prefer?

• Home
    • Away
    • Much the Same
    • None of the Above

45 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I know taking cash from betting firms is generally frowned upon and sometimes for good reason but I dont think we can afford to be sniffy.

Indeed we can't. Everyone I know here in Ireland who's worked for them has hated it and left, mind you,  so I'm still not particularly delighted.

On 7/20/2019 at 6:13 PM, underboyleheating said:

Sampdoria style but green instead of blue.

TodyaP5.jpg

I like the colour and style of the shirt but maybe not the same C&A band as the away. As for Paddy Power coming on board it should be an exciting time, record breaking deal for our club, they are massive in terms of advertising and social media. They also do some funny and entertaining stuff that goes hand in hand with our social stuff. With us and Huddersfield being their only sponsors so far and I expect it to stay that way we will get plenty of publicity and that can’t be a bad thing. 

Tremendous stuff. Though I’ll never be comfortable with an association with a betting company, personally speaking, the only real downside here is that i can’t see how any future away kits will live up to this one. 

While being sponsored by a betting company isn't ideal, I'm not so sure there's a line of morally superior companies ready to cut us a cheque for sponsorship opportunities.

It's a terrific deal financially by the looks of it, and we get our kit with no sponsor this year. Win/win by the looks of it.

1 hour ago, David said:

It's a terrific deal financially by the looks of it, and we get our kit with no sponsor this year. Win/win by the looks of it.

I suppose the "lose" might be the number of Paddy Power ads we have to put everywhere else to compensate...

2 hours ago, numpty said:

I suppose the "lose" might be the number of Paddy Power ads we have to put everywhere else to compensate...

I have no idea how that could be a "lose" in all honesty, you can just ignore them.

There has to be some benefit to the companies who sponsor us. The way I hear people we want the money on offer, but to offer nothing in return. This current deal is fantastic.

1 hour ago, David said:

I have no idea how that could be a "lose" in all honesty, you can just ignore them.

It's a lose in the same way I wouldn't want Fir Park to be called "The Paddy Power Stadium". I know I could ignore it and it would benefit us, but the thought of it makes my skin crawl.

“A renowned brand” This is one i’m not able to get enthusiastic about i’m afraid. On the one hand we are correctly pushing suicide prevention which is at terrible levels in the west of Scotland while on the other hand promoting a company at the heart of gambling which is one of the factors in those figures.

6 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

“A renowned brand” This is one i’m not able to get enthusiastic about i’m afraid. On the one hand we are correctly pushing suicide prevention which is at terrible levels in the west of Scotland while on the other hand promoting a company at the heart of gambling which is one of the factors in those figures.

I'm not a betting man myself but I can live with it.  On the same tack, we sell alcohol in the stadium and I'm sure that there's a connection to addiction and suicides there too.  Where do we draw the line?

• Like 1

Just now, Kmcalpin said:

I'm not a betting man myself but I can live with it.  On the same tack, we sell alcohol in the stadium and I'm sure that there's a connection to addiction and suicides there too.  Where dow e draw the line?

Listen I know i’m going to be in the tiny minority here, I would ban alcohol adds as well.

50 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Listen I know i’m going to be in the tiny minority here, I would ban alcohol adds as well.

I was thinking more in terms of the sale of alcohol in stadia.  A tricky decision isn't it? Where do we draw the line?   

3 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I was thinking more in terms of the sale of alcohol in stadia.  A tricky decision isn't it? Where do we draw the line?   

I know, and i’m not saying it should not be available just not pushed with advertising. I guess the gambling issue with me is down to a colleague who lost everything due to a gambling habit and an individual we support now who is destroying his life through it.

4 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

There has been a lot of damage done to civil liberites over the years with the "won't anyone think of the children" 

I'm all for informed discussion and debate, and have no problem if the club decides they don't want to accept sponsorship from a particular type of product - but let's steer clear of banning things and treat each opportunity on a case by case basis or we'll end up banning breakfast rolls at the Business Breakfasts because they aren't healthy.

• Like 2