Jump to content

underboyleheating

Macron 2019-20 home and away kits

Macron 2019-20 home and away kits  

75 members have voted

  1. 1. The new kits - which do you prefer?

    • Home
    • Away
    • Much the Same
    • None of the Above
      0


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, weeyin said:

Didn't Raymond Blair help dismantle Dumbarton in a 4 - 0 Cup win at Fir Park one January night in the 80s? We were the form team in the First Division and Dumbarton were SPL strugglers.

I remember we were playing against a howling wind in the first half and thought if we kept the score respectable we could take them in the second half. We went in 1 - 0 up at half time and ran them ragged in the second half.

1984/85, year McAllister scored against Celtic in the semis. Wasn't at the Dumbarton game, but I mind their manager raging about how they should be beating teams like Motherwell after the game. So sad they got relegated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

Our original ‘Tailored by Umbro’ late 50s/early 60s ‘floodlight kit’ had the claret section on top of the amber, it also had  hooped sleeves. Hooped sleeves are a feature that I would have liked to have seen added to the recently released shirt.  In my opinion it would have made the shirt more unique to us and a proper homage to the legendary Ancell babes. 

wKunBIH.jpg

A classic. Thanks for the memories.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2019 at 11:21 AM, ECOSSE1991 said:

Is it not a band rather than a hoop?

Both our kits this season have a front band only. Although, worth remembering that from 1928 to 1969 we always wore a proper unbroken hoop.  A hoop is generally regarded as being more of an integral part of a shirt design (Boca Juniors, Stuttgart, Celtic all teams who usually insist on a proper full hoop no matter who manufactures the kit). On modern day kits a band is sometimes regarded as being nothing more than an advertising feature to frame the sponsors logo. Thankfully this season the band on our top is just a band and will not be used for any advertising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Claret training top is cool, got a bit of a snake skin look to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking to place an online order (still not decided whether to go for home or away).

Any advice on sizing compared to previous Macron shirts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Stu said:

I'm looking to place an online order (still not decided whether to go for home or away).

Any advice on sizing compared to previous Macron shirts?

I find the Macron stuff tiny. I got last season's home and away shirts. Usually an XL but had to to get 3XL in these!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2019 at 2:07 PM, weeyin said:

Didn't Raymond Blair help dismantle Dumbarton in a 4 - 0 Cup win at Fir Park one January night in the 80s? We were the form team in the First Division and Dumbarton were SPL strugglers.

I remember we were playing against a howling wind in the first half and thought if we kept the score respectable we could take them in the second half. We went in 1 - 0 up at half time and ran them ragged in the second half.

 

Mind that game as I bought my first Well scarf afore the game and it lasted easily into the 2000’s when someone in the family mistakenly washed it for the first time,  ah wiz raging as it had carefully collected Irn Bru and then later lager stains on it.

We were winning the First Division at the time and Dumbarton were in the process of being relegated. I’m sure it was a midweek game so must have been called off 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Stu said:

I'm looking to place an online order (still not decided whether to go for home or away).

Any advice on sizing compared to previous Macron shirts?

They are certainly getting smaller. I went from a medium to a large for last years away top and even that is on the neat side and this years home is just as neat, Stephen purchased the home shirt on Saturday. 

I would say if you are between a medium and large in general certainly go large.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

They are certainly getting smaller. I went from a medium to a large for last years away top

Aye, it’s definitely the tops that are getting smaller

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ohwulliewullie said:

Aye, it’s definitely the tops that are getting smaller

 

9 hours ago, ohwulliewullie said:

Aye, it’s definitely the tops that are getting smaller

I know, that’s always the first thought but I don’t even own a car, cycle everywhere including to work and back and hardly have an inch of fat on me. The large is close to the medium tops I have from three seasons ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 4:34 PM, Yorkyred said:

in general certainly go large.

Sound advice for football shirts and for life.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a piece in The Scotsman today ranking the most in-demend Premiership kits. Ours is 4th after Rangers, Celtic and Hibs.

The lack of sponsor and classic away design seem to be working as far as sales are concerned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, weeyin said:

There's a piece in The Scotsman today ranking the most in-demend Premiership kits. Ours is 4th after Rangers, Celtic and Hibs.

The lack of sponsor and classic away design seem to be working as far as sales are concerned.

Absolute nonsense article, taken from https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/ who have since removed it after being called out. We do kit for Hibs and St Johnstone as well, so there's 3 clubs straight away that they have no idea the figures for. No idea how they've come up with their rankings, Facebook likes?
While sales have been good there's absolutely no chance we've sold more than Hearts or Aberdeen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SCDave said:


While sales have been good there's absolutely no chance we've sold more than Hearts or Aberdeen!

Why not, unless there are genuine shirt sales figures available then you can't say for definite. Just because Hearts and Aberdeen have larger supports than us is no guarantee, fans might think their kit is honking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SCDave said:

Absolute nonsense article, taken from https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/ who have since removed it after being called out. We do kit for Hibs and St Johnstone as well, so there's 3 clubs straight away that they have no idea the figures for. No idea how they've come up with their rankings, Facebook likes?
While sales have been good there's absolutely no chance we've sold more than Hearts or Aberdeen!

To be fair, I hadn't really understood "in demand" to mean "actual sales", so I'm sure it is indeed more along the lines of looking at how many "interactions" there are on "the socials" .

That said, there are ways to get a rough idea of sales trends without knowing actual figures, too -- some market research companies even scan email receipts in people's Inboxes, if they're daft enough to give them access to that sort of thing. (Which all too many people are.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, numpty said:

That said, there are ways to get a rough idea of sales trends without knowing actual figures, too -- some market research companies even scan email receipts in people's Inboxes, if they're daft enough to give them access to that sort of thing. (Which all too many people are.)

Not being IT savvy, what do you mean?  Are you saying that some market research companies explicity ask customers for access to their in boxes to scan receipts?  If not, how do they gain access? Sorry if off topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Are you saying that some market research companies explicity ask customers for access to their in boxes to scan receipts?  If not, how do they gain access? Sorry if off topic.

There are certainly companies in the US that do that, yes... there's one that estimated Apple's sales figures for years that way, forget what they're called off-hand, though.

And then there are those that didn't ask, but Google allowed them to do it anyway: https://wccftech.com/google-developers-scan-gmail-inboxes/.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I was a betting man, I'd bet Facebook is happy to provide as much data on its users purchasing habits as a client is willing to pay for. I imagine that will only increase when they launch their new crypto currency.

There are also literally thousands of examples of apps (iOS and Android) that run services that send data back to marketing and advertising companies freshly plucked from your phone.

And that's barely scratching the surface.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

I hate international breaks 

Indeed. I wish I could get more excited about the national team.

 

 

All the chat here in NZ is rugby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2019 at 9:14 AM, The African said:

Indeed. I wish I could get more excited about the national team.

I’m past caring now. I even forgot they were playing last night. and only found out they had lost  this morning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×