Jump to content

underboyleheating

Macron 2019-20 home and away kits

Macron 2019-20 home and away kits  

74 members have voted

  1. 1. The new kits - which do you prefer?

    • Home
    • Away
    • Much the Same
    • None of the Above
      0


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

You are more likely to get someone buying the top in the warmer months when the weather suits I'd reckon.

Yup, I agree. I know two guys who would have bought the away shirt to wear in Portugal on holiday, but who are now saying they'll pick it up at the end of this season when it's down in price to wear on their holidays next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I usually go on holiday late June time and would always like to get the new kit for taking with me on holiday the last 2 years I’ve had to wear the black away kit which I do really like. Last year I didn’t buy it as the home strip was the usual boring C&A nothing special and the away was nice but not worth it for me. This year I like both and would like to purchase both of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was me thinking it was just Old Firm fans that had football shirts glued to them on their holidays.

The club is doing you all a favour!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Paddy Power would be interesting sponsors for us ..........look what they have done to Huddersfield Town kit

Ruined it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, David said:

Yup, I agree. I know two guys who would have bought the away shirt to wear in Portugal on holiday, but who are now saying they'll pick it up at the end of this season when it's down in price to wear on their holidays next year.

So, as I mentioned earlier, if a sponsor offers 150k for a logo to be put on the shirts, or (generously) 120k if the shirts are sold in the summer without it, how many sales would need to be made to compensate for that 30k difference?  (Remembering it's profit that needs to be calculated, not turnover).

Also, if your mates are buying it later then it is still a sale - the club will still get a cut, so factor that into the calculation.

And if they were my mates I'd be suggesting that if they can afford a holiday in Portugal, they can afford a nice shirt. The club shop sells some smart golf shirts if they want to keep it MFC related.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, weeyin said:

So, as I mentioned earlier, if a sponsor offers 150k for a logo to be put on the shirts, or (generously) 120k if the shirts are sold in the summer without it, how many sales would need to be made to compensate for that 30k difference?  (Remembering it's profit that needs to be calculated, not turnover).

Why are you suggesting it's one or the other?

The point being made is we are always late with arranging a sponsor (for whatever reason) and that delays the sale of the shirt. If they sorted the issue with the sponsor then they could get their sponsor money and they few extra sales.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, numpty said:

Ruined it?

It’s purely a Paddy Power publicity stunt for the kit launch. Although it does highlight how ridiculous sportswear sponsorship has become in 2019. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, weeyin said:

And if they were my mates I'd be suggesting that if they can afford a holiday in Portugal, they can afford a nice shirt. The club shop sells some smart golf shirts if they want to keep it MFC related.

They'll just wear the shirt from last season probably. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should be fully supporting anything the club can do to eliminate the weirdos that are grown adults wearing football tops at any time other than playing 5's or going to a game.

Not allowing these people to buy one before their holiday has clearly been decided at board level, and should be applauded.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Al B said:

We should be fully supporting anything the club can do to eliminate the weirdos that are grown adults wearing football tops at any time other than playing 5's or going to a game.

Not allowing these people to buy one before their holiday has clearly been decided at bored level, and should be applauded.

Or beach towels :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2019 at 11:34 AM, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Paddy Power would be interesting sponsors for us ..........look what they have done to Huddersfield Town kit

insane-sponsor-huddersfield-19-20-home-k

Paddy Power are heroes. 

5E46F45D-1665-42E9-9FF6-4A3815E1EEF4.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

:whistling:

Translated: new primary sponsor will be Paddy Power, front of shirt will remain sponsorless. 

:whistling:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can UBH knock up a green 3rd kit to see how it comes out.  In the dark green similar to a Fir tree.  Some C&A flashing as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14 July 2019 at 3:25 PM, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Heard a rumour that the new sponsor will not be putting their name on the strips as a tribute to the fan ownership 

Rumour may be right............ #SOS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Onthefringes said:

:whistling:

;):ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve heard the same alleged PP rumour, so expect some high jinks before the launch.

A missed opportunity from Paddy Power..? :ph34r:
2ic5dp2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2019 at 9:58 AM, Burn_Broomfield said:

Can UBH knock up a green 3rd kit to see how it comes out.  In the dark green similar to a Fir tree.  Some C&A flashing as well.

Sampdoria style but green instead of blue.

TodyaP5.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't help but think our social media output has helped us land this deal with Paddy Power seeing it as being a bit unorthodox and tying in nicely with their brand. Hopefully it's a lucrative deal for us as linking up with a bookies won't sit well with some. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know taking cash from betting firms is generally frowned upon and sometimes for good reason but I dont think we can afford to be sniffy.

This will undoubtedly be a good deal for the club with the benefit that we all get to buy 2 pretty cracking logo free kits!

Also, lets give credit where its due. The Paddypower adds are generally pretty funny. I cant help feeling just a little bit proud at the fact we are doing something groundbreaking and just a little cool.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×