Macron 2019-20 home and away kits

underboyleheating

Macron 2019-20 home and away kits  

75 members have voted

1. 1. The new kits - which do you prefer?

• Home
    • Away
    • Much the Same
    • None of the Above

I've always been a fan of the white away kits - or change kits as they were when I first saw them thanks to our rules that made the home team change. 

I wonder if they'll make a version as a regular polo shirt/golf shirt kind of thing (without the sponsor logo). 

• Thanks 1

As other have said, the way kit is simply splendid. I would have said magnificent but the meaning of that word has been sullied in the last few days. My one quibble would be that, in my opinion, the band would look better if it were claret above amber rather than amber above claret.

The home kit looks good too. I’d prefer to see a hoop rather than a band, but appreciate that the rules regarding numbering would ruin this on the match day shirt.

6 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I've always been a fan of the white away kits - or change kits as they were when I first saw them thanks to our rules that made the home team change. 

I wonder if they'll make a version as a regular polo shirt/golf shirt kind of thing (without the sponsor logo). 

Polo shirt idea is inspired. A football shirt on someone my age looks a bit desperate. Of course, I suppose I could always go on a diet.

57 minutes ago, Donaldo87 said:

Sacrilege I know but can’t help thinking they should have not bothered with a band on the home shirt :ph34r:

I think you're right. Those pin stripes would have worked pretty well without the band this season.

1 hour ago, Donaldo87 said:

Sacrilege I know but can’t help thinking they should have not bothered with a band on the home shirt :ph34r:

Away is a belter. 

8 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I think you're right. Those pin stripes would have worked pretty well without the band this season.

Or alternatively not bother with the pinstripes. 

21 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

Or alternatively not bother with the pinstripes. 

Away strip ok but would have been better with a Sampdoria sandwich-style band.

Home strip poor: pin-stripes detract from feeble advertising band.

We appear to be a club ashamed of its historic hoop: I don't give a flying feck for UEFA rules. White number over it would solve the problem.

Grumpy old man  says white shorts provide greater contrast to our beautiful colours, like last year.

Fortunately, I have already bought my season ticket for the David Turnbull Memorial Stand :D

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Happy Dosser said:

We appear to be a club ashamed of its historic hoop: I don't give a flying feck for UEFA rules. White number over it would solve the problem.

I agree on the hoop. If a club the size of Sampdoria can still retain theirs Motherwell should be able to have one as well. Without it, it could be said to be nothing more than a advertising band. 

Both kits have much to like but I think Im turning into UBH as there are bits and pieces of the detail that are annoying and detract from the overall look.

I dont like the new macron logo on the front of the shirt. They should have stuck with the writing. Or, if they really wanted the logo on the front, ditch the ones on the shoulders.

The home strip collar is also unecessarily overly designed. A simpler more traditional V neck or a claret polo neck would have been much classier.

The away strip is almost perfect (logo aside) but I agree that it would look better with claret band on top and not sure there was a need for claret and amber piping round the waist. Spoils the clean lines of another wise quality design.

41 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Both kits have much to like but I think Im turning into UBH as there are bits and pieces of the detail that are annoying and detract from the overall look.

Your learning! :lol: 
The away is a direct copy of a Macron Club Brugge kit that I converted to C&A in early 2018 which I posted on here and on Twitter. It’s a nice kit and a far better collar than the home. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, David said:

At the end of the day there's no kit that's going to please everyone. I like this seasons away kit, not so much the home kit. 

Design is subjective, whether it’s a piece of conceptual art or a simple sports shirt. I loved the Brugge shirt when it was released a few years ago and that’s why I thought it would be a good fit for us when converted to claret and amber. Happily the powers at be have came to the same conclusion. If I had to nitpick I would have loved them to have pushed the design even further by reintroducing the classic 50s/60s C&A hooped sleeve on a modern white shirt. As such they have played safe with a tried and tested chest band design, although, to be fair it still looks pretty smart.

I’m not a fan of the home top, although, on this occasion I think it will look better with a sponsor (white graphic please).

I wonder who our sponsor will be as that will make or break the design.  Any clues as to who it will be?

Your learning!  

The away is a direct copy of a Macron Club Brugge kit that I converted to C&A in early 2018 which I posted on here and on Twitter. It’s a nice kit and a far better collar than the home. 

Speaking of copies the training kit, as seen in the training images, appears to be the design used by the SRU last season across their training and travel kit, albeit in light grey and black rather the navy and marl grey of the Scotland range.

It isn't uncommon of course for Macron designs to be regurgitated and adapted for different teams within their portfolio.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

The away strip is almost perfect (logo aside) but I agree that it would look better with claret band on top and not sure there was a need for claret and amber piping round the waist. Spoils the clean lines of another wise quality design.

I think I prefer the amber at the top.

1 hour ago, Andy_P said:

It isn't uncommon of course for Macron designs to be regurgitated and adapted for different teams within their portfolio.

Very common Andy, although with sublimation technology other details can be easily added like hooped sleeves, or a ‘ghosted’ badge etc. You basically tell them what you require and they will confirm either way whether it’s possible. We normally select a shirt design and Macron will have to sublimate the band/hoop anyway. It’s what makes our shirt stand out from all the rest. It just so happened that the Brugge template already existed with the double band and perhaps my quick mock up posted on here and twitter may or may not have swayed the powers that be to choose it. Either way it’s a classic look that has been adopted by Roma and other sides throughout the years. Good design never goes out of fashion.