2019-20 League Cup

Kmcalpin

1 hour ago, Neilwell86 said:

Again, this might just be me, but testing '2 banks of ball winners' against a piss poor dumbarton to prepare us for games against Celtic and Rangers is chocolate tea pot patter. What is the point in having these match winners to suit them on a bench against the big games, if your game plan is to sit in and try contain them with the hope of catching them on the break then we sure as hell won't be doing that with Liam Polworth breaking away. Who cares if he would get blown over by a strong wind, if he gets one on one with any fullback in the league he's leaving them for dead. 

I am with you. First let’s win the game and keep the momentum going. We could maybe be more experimental at home v Annan than away v Dumbarton despite their recent results. Despite the optimism we don’t want to find ourselves with a Clyde like situation. 

Lets get a strong side out on the park and play with width and pace. If we are 5-0 up then we can think about experimenting. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

I’d like to think that we won’t turn off if we are hammering them. We should be scoring as many goals as we can against this team.  Whether that’s 1 or 10 remains to be seen but based on the recent results, it would suggest we should score a good few. 

A lot will depend on whether Dumbarton decide to park the bus tonight, or decide they can go for it in a game where the result is meaningless to them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, texanwellfan said:

Hooray. That’s me just getting a chance to look. Hopefully they crumble now. 

Sounds like we've been in control without making too many clear chances. And struggling a bit with the long grass holding up the ball (sneaky Hearts tactic).

Hylton just hit the post there too.

11 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Goal described as controversial by the BBC. Need to not give the ref a chance to even it up if he feels he got it wrong...

I thought the rule was that the ref only evens things up if it's the "wee" team that benefitted from a dodgy decision.

BTW, somebody needs to tell the MFC commentator to put his mic on mute when he sniffs.

I'm sure those at the game will say the performance wasn't the best but we're getting the job done albeit against poorer opposition.  Another clean sheet, with a different back four. Another new signing gets off the mark goal wise.

Stuff that needs work? Sure but we seem in a better place than many of our rivals...