2019-20 League Cup

Kmcalpin

1 minute ago, Wellfan1984 said:

Best goal scoring midfielder in our squad.  Shouldn't be there though :lol:

Has he not equalled Main's  tally for last season now ? B-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, MadeofSteel said:

I'm in Spain and looking to listen to this game. Any way around this other than subscribing to international monthly fee?

Probably not, unless you have a mate with a subscription and a Skype connection.

7 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Sounds like a sniff free transmission today. 

Is that the same guy? Certainly sniff free. The audio is also much better than the last game.

(Meanwhile, Polworth makes it 2 - 0).

1 hour ago, gee said:

Hopefully see Sloth at some point so we can understand what role in midfield he is suited to. 

The Sloth has been unleashed. 

Edited by Electric Blues
ETA: ... which sounds significantly less impressive when you see it written down.

Easy win at half pace.

Best player in the first half - Polworth - was taken off at half time and that took a wee bit away from us until Hyltton and Scott came on as subs and pepped it up again.

Sloth came on and looked decent.

Fair play to Donnelly for the goals but most likely the goal run ends here and we'll need to concentrate on his ability in his actual role.

Was disappointed in Ilic and Seedorf today and we definitely missed Gallagher and Campbell today despite the easy win.

And I'll say it again - James Scott should be starting matches as our first choice striker. 

• Like 4

Scott will need to start next week. I haven't seen Cole yet but Long didn't offer much at all. He's definitely not a lone striker.

Sloth looked good when he came on, he showed some class on the ball and upped the pace a few times. I thought Polworth was poor, it was another game where he basically had to drop back to the defence to get on the ball. Semple looked promising, nice passing and played with his head up, the ball through for our second goal was just about the only decent bit of play in the first half.

Our tactics weren't up to much. Two wingers who we struggled to get on the ball and when they managed to get it we had absolutely nothing in the box for them to aim at. Illic looks like he has something but i'm not sure what we are going to get out of playing him on the right hand side.

16 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Easy win at half pace.

Best player in the first half - Polworth - was taken off at half time and that took a wee bit away from us until Hyltton and Scott came on as subs and pepped it up again.

Sloth came on and looked decent.

Fair play to Donnelly for the goals but most likely the goal run ends here and we'll need to concentrate on his ability in his actual role.

Was disappointed in Ilic and Seedorf today and we definitely missed Gallagher and Campbell today despite the easy win.

And I'll say it again - James Scott should be starting matches as our first choice striker. 

His goal run may stop here but I definitely think he will chip in with a few goals this season. Clearly has the ability hit a thunderbolt and score so I hope to see more of it. Agree with your other points, regarding performances, Hylton is looking absolutely class, and Carroll seems to be improving. 

11 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Scott will need to start next week. I haven't seen Cole yet but Long didn't offer much at all. He's definitely not a lone striker.

Sloth looked good when he came on, he showed some class on the ball and upped the pace a few times. I thought Polworth was poor, it was another game where he basically had to drop back to the defence to get on the ball. Semple looked promising, nice passing and played with his head up, the ball through for our second goal was just about the only decent bit of play in the first half.

Our tactics weren't up to much. Two wingers who we struggled to get on the ball and when they managed to get it we had absolutely nothing in the box for them to aim at. Illic looks like he has something but i'm not sure what we are going to get out of playing him on the right hand side.

Do you actually get any pleasure from watching us? Jeezo.