2019-20 League Cup

Kmcalpin

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Bump for Friday night. Gonna manage to get along, looking forward to it. Pay at the gate or do I need to buy a ticket?

Gonna go 2-1 to us AET. 

you'll be fine with either entry option,  ticket in advance ,  if you want specific seat , PATG with most others , as season tickets are not valid

—————————-Gillespie

———Gallagher———Hartley——Dunne

tait——————————————————Livingston

Hylton——-Campbell——Sloth———-Seedorf

————————Cole

Id suggest a change of shape, otherwise we’re going to get bullied.

Does sloth actually exist?

Unpopular opinion but Donnelly is actually pretty guff. His Scoring record is very impressive however it’s not been his role in the team, which is to screen the defence where he falls badly short and gets caught the wrong side of the ball almost constantly. 

Can we afford to start with 2 wingers against Hearts, especially if they might tire by half time?  We also need to be much more clinical up front.  Is Cole fit yet? More questions than answers at this stage, but Friday night will offer a more realistic test of our progress than last Saturday did.

6 hours ago, Kmac said:

—————————-Gillespie

———Gallagher———Hartley——Dunne

tait——————————————————Livingston

Hylton——-Campbell——Sloth———-Seedorf

————————Cole

Id suggest a change of shape, otherwise we’re going to get bullied.

Does sloth actually exist?

Unpopular opinion but Donnelly is actually pretty guff. His Scoring record is very impressive however it’s not been his role in the team, which is to screen the defence where he falls badly short and gets caught the wrong side of the ball almost constantly. 

Insanity of two in the centre of midfield rears its ugly head on here again. Simply no. If you think the opposition have a higher quality of midfielder than you, the last thing you do is give them a man advantage in there. 

Interesting that you mention Donnelly's job being to screen the back four. I assumed at the start of the season that would be the case but often Polworth is dropping deep to pick up possession and Campbell and Donnelly are pressing higher up. Whether that's by design or not, I don't know but certainly the midfielders certainly seem to be switching positions a lot. Irrespective of whether it's his specific job or not, dropping a midfielder who has scored six goals in five games strikes me as not something we can afford to do  

You could make a case for 352 and ditching the wingers for the first 45 minutes if Robinson feels they don't have the energy/fitness for 90 minutes. But if Robinson switches to 352 and it doesn't work out, god help him from the fans. 

Personally (and this won't happen), I'd be inclined to play Semple on the wing on Friday, at least for the first 45 minutes. Energy, willingness to work. You then have Seedorf or Ilic to bring on depending how the game is going...

41 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

I am genuinely baffled by the number of people who would seem happy to toss Gillespie aside after a rare below par performance. 

I seem to remember Carson getting a bit of stick for his performances just before his injury

38 minutes ago, santheman said:

I seem to remember Carson getting a bit of stick for his performances just before his injury

It wasn't just before his injury. It was while he was playing with a life threatening blood clot that no one knew about that must have effected his performances.

I'd rather have Trevor back in if he's fully fit.

8 hours ago, DEWELL said:

I'd play Carson in goals if he's fit. Sloth and Tanner must be ready for a game now surely.

Not sure I’d pick the Hearts game to put him back in anyway.  Wasn’t it against them that he picked up the injury?  Don’t want him playing with anything going on in his head.