2019-20 League Cup

Kmcalpin

1 hour ago, Yorkyred said:

Outside of Celtic and Rangers we have Hearts,Killy, St Johnstone, Hibs who all look to be going backwards, Aberdeen hardly spectacular, and maybe the dark horses in Ross County. Top four looks up for grabs to any half decent team showing a bit of consistency.

Aye and we are setting the heather on fire there it's no way we will finish top 4 with the squad we have available 

4 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

This might be in our favour. 700-800 pissed off Jambos on a cold wet Fir Park getting on the players and managers back. We just need an early goal to rile them. 

According to my weather app it looks like a really nice evening for a game? Or at least the first half!       And it won’t be raining in my living room so I’ll be watching the game.  Oooops I mean working from home. 

16 minutes ago, Bigwellfan said:

Fun quiz on BBC Webpage.  5 minutes to name the line ups for the League Cup semi at Easter Road

Got all of our team with the exception of Jim Paterson. Think because it listed him as 'midfielder who also played for Dundee United' and his best days for us were at full back but I just completely drew a blank...

2 hours ago, Neilwell86 said:

Don't agree with the Grimshaw point at all, he was a main stay at right back last season and certainly didn't cost us goals regularly. What has made you come to this conclusion?

Consistently caught out of position, to the point I question if he knows how to play the position. Hopeless for Celtic's 3rd goal on Sat, a simple 121, Grimshaw sleeping.

Regularly runs with the ball (usually in field) until he looses it......   

4 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Is Lafferty a "decent striker"?

He's a good player with a good football brain but is he a good striker & can he play that lone role? Wage dependent I'd take him right enough.

As I've mentioned in a different thread, he's not been prolific in recent years. He's had 3 seasons in his entire career where he hit double figures (and "double figures" here is 11, 11 and 12).  

His last 5 seasons have seen a return of  3, 1, 1, 12 and 4 league goals. I'd imagine the fact he is a self confessed shirker at training might count against him in Robinson's view (although the fact that he's Irish might balance that out for him).

19 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

As I said, he managed it just fine last season so I think I will judge his ability on that as opposed to a one off against celtic.

Don’t agree re last season. Clearly not good enough to be a regular starter at this level in my opinion. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Andy H said:

Not so sure about Aberdeen, they are very shite at the moment.

I am with Al B, I think we are going to be 4th,3rd is not beyond us at the moment and will be dusting out our Passports for a European Tour!

There is something about the team this year, they are not clicking yet, but when they do I think they are going to run riot

Where can I get some of that stuff you are on 

• Like 1

Big game tonight... which I think is more important than simply getting through a round of the league cup, as it’ll kind of set the tone for the early part of the season.... and hopefully give us a lot of confidence going in to the next league games. 

If there’s one thing I hope to hear tonight, it’s, “you’re getting sacked in the morning!”

15 minutes ago, ohwulliewullie said:

Big game tonight... which I think is more important than simply getting through a round of the league cup, as it’ll kind of set the tone for the early part of the season.... and hopefully give us a lot of confidence going in to the next league games. 

If there’s one thing I hope to hear tonight, it’s, “you’re getting sacked in the morning!”

Ditto 

I have no idea where we will end up in the league or whether we will win tonight. Thats the excitrment of going to the fitba. Lets all just turn up and back the team and see what happens.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, El Grew said:

Friday night, miserable weather, game on TV and Hearts out of form so I don't expect many to trek through from Edinburgh.  Home crowd might not be very big either.  Be doing well to get crowd above 4,000.

Sunny and warm