Jump to content

Kmcalpin

2019-20 League Cup

Recommended Posts

It is the tie of the round for sure and every chance it will be the televised game.  Wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't and the East Fife Sevco game is on though. 

Would have preferred an easier tie but definetly fancy our chances especially at home. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baws, can't make it now. Anyone else going to see The Cure that night (showing my age)?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, daver said:

Baws, can't make it now. Anyone else going to see The Cure that night (showing my age)?

So it's "Friday you're out, love".

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, weeyin said:

So it's Friday you're out, love.

Bet you've been waiting One Hundred Years to make that joke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Yassin said:

Bet you've been waiting One Hundred Years to make that joke.

I’m assuming that’s another joke but both wasted on me.  I’m still stuck in the wishbone ash era. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bump for Friday night. Gonna manage to get along, looking forward to it. Pay at the gate or do I need to buy a ticket?

 

Gonna go 2-1 to us AET. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me the first real test of where we stand. Celtic and Rangers top two, don’t think anyone else is going to be that amazing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Bump for Friday night. Gonna manage to get along, looking forward to it. Pay at the gate or do I need to buy a ticket?

 

Gonna go 2-1 to us AET. 

you'll be fine with either entry option,  ticket in advance ,  if you want specific seat , PATG with most others , as season tickets are not valid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

—————————-Gillespie

———Gallagher———Hartley——Dunne

tait——————————————————Livingston

Hylton——-Campbell——Sloth———-Seedorf

————————Cole

 

Id suggest a change of shape, otherwise we’re going to get bullied.

Does sloth actually exist?

Unpopular opinion but Donnelly is actually pretty guff. His Scoring record is very impressive however it’s not been his role in the team, which is to screen the defence where he falls badly short and gets caught the wrong side of the ball almost constantly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 10:11 PM, texanwellfan said:

I’m assuming that’s another joke but both wasted on me.  I’m still stuck in the wishbone ash era. 

Andy Powell and his Flying V guitar!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we afford to start with 2 wingers against Hearts, especially if they might tire by half time?  We also need to be much more clinical up front.  Is Cole fit yet? More questions than answers at this stage, but Friday night will offer a more realistic test of our progress than last Saturday did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd play Carson in goals if he's fit. Sloth and Tanner must be ready for a game now surely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

I'd play Carson in goals if he's fit. Sloth and Tanner must be ready for a game now surely.

Agree with considering Carson for team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am genuinely baffled by the number of people who would seem happy to toss Gillespie aside after a rare below par performance. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Kmac said:

—————————-Gillespie

———Gallagher———Hartley——Dunne

tait——————————————————Livingston

Hylton——-Campbell——Sloth———-Seedorf

————————Cole

 

Id suggest a change of shape, otherwise we’re going to get bullied.

Does sloth actually exist?

Unpopular opinion but Donnelly is actually pretty guff. His Scoring record is very impressive however it’s not been his role in the team, which is to screen the defence where he falls badly short and gets caught the wrong side of the ball almost constantly. 

Insanity of two in the centre of midfield rears its ugly head on here again. Simply no. If you think the opposition have a higher quality of midfielder than you, the last thing you do is give them a man advantage in there. 

Interesting that you mention Donnelly's job being to screen the back four. I assumed at the start of the season that would be the case but often Polworth is dropping deep to pick up possession and Campbell and Donnelly are pressing higher up. Whether that's by design or not, I don't know but certainly the midfielders certainly seem to be switching positions a lot. Irrespective of whether it's his specific job or not, dropping a midfielder who has scored six goals in five games strikes me as not something we can afford to do  

You could make a case for 352 and ditching the wingers for the first 45 minutes if Robinson feels they don't have the energy/fitness for 90 minutes. But if Robinson switches to 352 and it doesn't work out, god help him from the fans. 

Personally (and this won't happen), I'd be inclined to play Semple on the wing on Friday, at least for the first 45 minutes. Energy, willingness to work. You then have Seedorf or Ilic to bring on depending how the game is going...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

I am genuinely baffled by the number of people who would seem happy to toss Gillespie aside after a rare below par performance. 

I seem to remember Carson getting a bit of stick for his performances just before his injury

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andy_P said:

I am genuinely baffled by the number of people who would seem happy to toss Gillespie aside after a rare below par performance. 

Agree,  I don't think Gillespie should be dropped at all at this moment in time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, santheman said:

I seem to remember Carson getting a bit of stick for his performances just before his injury

It wasn't just before his injury. It was while he was playing with a life threatening blood clot that no one knew about that must have effected his performances.

I'd rather have Trevor back in if he's fully fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gillespie has been fantastic, why on earth would we want to drop him after one indifferent display ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carson is much better with the ball at his feet and on crosses. Gillespie is probably a bit better at shot stopping.

Unless we get some height up the park then the ball at feet part is huge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather have Carson in there too, he's absolutely class.

 

Having said that, if the manager goes with Gillespie, he's very good too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DEWELL said:

I'd play Carson in goals if he's fit. Sloth and Tanner must be ready for a game now surely.

Not sure I’d pick the Hearts game to put him back in anyway.  Wasn’t it against them that he picked up the injury?  Don’t want him playing with anything going on in his head. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×