2019-20 League Cup

Kmcalpin

19 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Is the Annan game on live stream? 

Audio only.

(MFC TV uses the live broadcast feed from BT Sport or the BBC that is being sent back to the studio - so we only get to see video when one of those companies is at the game).

• Thanks 1

On 7/25/2019 at 1:24 PM, Yodo said:

Don't think Polsworth will be a first pick more of a squad player ,definitely need another 2 midfield players ready for the first team 

1. Who’s this polsworth guy he seems pretty poor man that’s 2 people said that. 

2. That new guy we signed LIAM POLWORTH is a tidy little player I like the look of he was excellent vs Morton, got stuck in and very nice on the eye when in possession.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, supermarv said:

My mistake I’d heard of R. Charleroi S.C. He played for R. Châtelet S.C. Easy mistake to make.

On 7/25/2019 at 1:24 PM, Yodo said:

Don't think Polsworth will be a first pick more of a squad player ,definitely need another 2 midfield players ready for the first team 

29 minutes ago, supermarv said:

1. Who’s this polsworth guy he seems pretty poor man that’s 2 people said that. 

2. That new guy we signed LIAM POLWORTH is a tidy little player I like the look of he was excellent vs Morton, got stuck in and very nice on the eye when in possession.

:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Half expecting the see our ‘strongest’ 11 start today with a view to getting them together ahead of next week.

with that in mind:

—————————-Gillespie

Tait————-Gallagher—-Dunne——Caroll

———————-—Sloth 

——————Campbell—-Polworth 

Seedorf————————————Hylton

—————————-Scott

Subs:

Carson 

Hartley 

Grimshaw 

Donnelly

Maguire

Illic

Long 

53 minutes ago, Kmac said:

Half expecting the see our ‘strongest’ 11 start today with a view to getting them together ahead of next week.

with that in mind:

—————————-Gillespie

Tait————-Gallagher—-Dunne——Caroll

———————-—Sloth 

——————Campbell—-Polworth 

Seedorf————————————Hylton

—————————-Scott

Subs:

Carson 

Hartley 

Grimshaw 

Donnelly

Maguire

Illic

Long 

I really do think that Donnelly is in Robinson's first eleven. And I think Ilic will end up being  first choice ahead of Seedorf....

7 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

I really do think that Donnelly is in Robinson's first eleven. And I think Ilic will end up being  first choice ahead of Seedorf....

Sadly, I inclined to agree.

i say that in regards to Donnelly, Illic on the other hand does look like a player so have no real issue with that.

Defo want to see Sloth at some point today to see what he has got and compare him v Donnelly and Maguire. The guy is a Danish international so you would think he has some quality.

Long also looked like he had pace to burn when he came on at Dumbarton so would like to see him from the start with Scott getting last 30 mins to keep his eye in.

So great to have options this season.

Just now, Ross said:

Cole looked hopeless against queen of the south

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are playing Annan, so it’s a chance for him to show what he has and judge him albeit against a poor opposition but get to see a chance of what he could be capable of. Same goes for the rest such as Sloth and Long who are yet to be given a chance to showcase what they can do in the cup.

5 minutes ago, Ross said:

Cole looked hopeless against queen of the south

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn’t overly impressed with him there either. Put it down to him being asked to play wider than he’d like, would quite like to see him up top. 

6 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Well there goes yer strongest 11 at some point wish. 

Speculate as we will, we won't actually know what our strongest 11 is unless we take chances like this to mix up the squad a bit.

Personally I too doubt this particular line up will start many league games, mind you.

4 hours ago, Kmac said:

Sadly, I inclined to agree.

i say that in regards to Donnelly, Illic on the other hand does look like a player so have no real issue with that.

Possibly. Remember though that Donnelly has is fitter right now than Ilic or Seedorf - both of whom had longer lay offs in the summer and are a couple of weeks behind on their preseason.

We're still at the stage where we need to prep for the league, make sure we win the cup group and get minutes for these guys that really need it. It's what makes the early Betfred stages so difficult to navigate (and why Premiership teams throw up some strange results in July).