2019-20 League Cup

Kmcalpin

For me since he came into the side James Scott has shown all the attributes required to be an excellent lone striker.  There's at times been evidence of a decent physique, pace, touch, finishing ability and movement. 

Just not all at the same.  Yet.

He's going to get better and better as he develops all those attributes and gets more experience under his belt and when it all clicks he's going to be a terrific talent.

For the here and now though he's surely going to start against Livingston because he's played himself into the starting role with his goals in the League Cup group games and because he's shown more than Long and both Cole and Manzinga are injured.

But he is still at an age yet where for his own benefit he needs his time on the pitch to be managed. To use David Clarkson as an example he came into the first team at a similar age and had an excellent eighteen months or so. He ended up doing so well and our situation was such that we couldn't really afford to rest him.  But both the team and he paid for that in the next couple of seasons after when he lost his edge and struggled when the inevitable dip in form came.

Whether its a starter who comes in or further  back up, until any of the other strikers begin to prove their worth,  to enable him to be rotated we do still require further back up.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Yodo said:

Smiddy ma man  U been on holiday thought you had been barred aff . Just watch what yer saying lots of happy clappers aboot and check yer spelling or the wee fella fae across the water will be giving out lines 

Lines :lol: I had forgot all about that word. Are you two back by popular demand? 

• Thanks 1

Hearts are nothing special but would you have preferred them v East Fife or Forfar or even Morton at Fir Park. 

Depends what the script is with Naismith. Their record without him is woeful. Their record with him is v impressive. A bit of a talisman so would fancy our chances more if that moaning wee **** was not playing that day. 

2 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Trying to look at the positives, we beat Hearts and get the winners of the Forfar-Livi tie. Who am I kidding? We get through, guaranteed it's Ibrox next...

No chance Sevco get a hard tie until the semi finals. They need the cash.....

36 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Hearts are nothing special but would you have preferred them v East Fife or Forfar or even Morton at Fir Park. 

Depends what the script is with Naismith. Their record without him is woeful. Their record with him is v impressive. A bit of a talisman so would fancy our chances more if that moaning wee **** was not playing that day. 

Nope, but I would still prefer a home tie to an away one against one of the tougher teams and a possible upset.

1 hour ago, Yorkyred said:

Nope, but I would still prefer a home tie to an away one against one of the tougher teams and a possible upset.

I’d be inclined to say that Hearts winning would be the upset based on the season so far, makes me somewhat uneasy..

I think we are going to win the League Cup this year.

The only thing I can control is my own thinking, so I'm going to be positive and enjoy it till I can't anymore. Then I'll be negative at the appropriate time.

Being miserable all the time with the only reward being able to say "I told you so" is an absolute fucking mugs game.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, eddiemunster said:

Being miserable all the time with the only reward being able to say "I told you so" is an absolute fucking mugs game.

Au contraire, we're rewarded with a pleasant surprise every time we're wrong, and never disappointed when we're not.

• Sad 1