4 years today since we did this, What a night

twistandshout1983

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JLuEk5TVZ4

I seen a notification on facebook earlier that it was 4 years ago tonight we done this.  What a game, and one of my favourite games ever so had to watch the highlights.

There is a lot of Well games kicking about on Youtube thankfully but got me thinking about Well games I would like to see again but hard to find them and havent seen them in years.

Some of my personal favourites I havent seen for a while

The 2-1 game against Celtic at Fir Park when Shaun Fagan and James McFadden scored.  Was buzzing that night and recently looked to find it,  Faddy was outstanding that night.

The 1-0 game against Rangers on Boxing Day the same year, I had it on VHS at one point.   You can get the McFadden goal somewhere on youtube but would love to see the whole game.

Also remember the 2-0 game against Rangers under Billy Davies, the Twaddle goal is somwhere online but thats about it.

Know there are quite a few others I have forgot about it and will remember soon.  Does anyone have any other personal favourites they would like to see again and hopefully someone somewhere will upload them at some point. 

• Like 1

How about the Andy Lynch double in a Motherwell v Celtic midweek fixture at Fir Park, must have been the late 1970s. I think Colin McAdam got the opening goal in a three nil win. I seem to remember that Lynch’s second was an absolute cracker. Also recall that Roy Baines, Celtic goalie that night, quipped that he was happy to hear the final whistle as he thoughtAndy was going for his hat-trick.

• Like 1

Any game beating either of the Glasgow two are worth a watch over and over again.     Also remember the 3-1 cup game against Hearts.  Sure it was Goram's debut and was a live Sky game. Played so great that night and was convinced we could go on and win the cup that year. 

29 minutes ago, twistandshout1983 said:

Any game beating either of the Glasgow two are worth a watch over and over again.     Also remember the 3-1 cup game against Hearts.  Sure it was Goram's debut and was a live Sky game. Played so great that night and was convinced we could go on and win the cup that year. 

Seem to remember Ged Brannan scoring a cracker that night......

Personal favourite of mine from over the years is the 1-0 win at Celtic Park, Kevin Twaddle cracker......seem to remember Sean Teale watching the 2nd half in front of me after being sent off...

36 minutes ago, couttsy said:

Seem to remember Ged Brannan scoring a cracker that night......

Personal favourite of mine from over the years is the 1-0 win at Celtic Park, Kevin Twaddle cracker......seem to remember Sean Teale watching the 2nd half in front of me after being sent off...

Remember this one well,  along with the 3-2 game against them not long after that when Goodman got the winner.  Fir Park was bouncing that night.

I’m no sure I’ll ever enjoy a goal more than Lionel’s. Pearsons piercing run and the off the ball movement was a thing of beauty. I can still hear the noise of the ball hitting the net. Never have I felt so feart going to a game but it proved to be one of the best nights ever. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

I’m no sure I’ll ever enjoy a goal more than Lionel’s. Pearsons piercing run and the off the ball movement was a thing of beauty. I can still hear the noise of the ball hitting the net. Never have I felt so feart going to a game but it proved to be one of the best nights ever. 

It was a terrific goal.

For all that we got wrong that season, Baraclough prepared the team perfectly. His tactics were right, his press conferences were spot on, and all he talked about was how excited he was to be playing this game and how he'd love to be on the park himself. It also helped that we had McManus, Pearson and Skippy in the team - all of whom were no strangers to winning at Ibrox.

Would never want to do it again, but if we had to, you couldn't ask for a better result.

Watched the Ibrox game in Jack Daniels. Felt like I was an expectant father, the amount of pacing I did. I remember at the full time whistle turning to my mate and saying that I'd give my left kidney for the first goal on the Sunday. 

In terms of memorable games, the 4-1 win over Hibs under McCall with McFadden's first goal in his second spell and Higginbotham's ridiculous effort is a game I remember particularly fondly. We were right behind McFadden when he cut inside Lewis Stevenson and you could feel everyone suddenly anticipate what was going to happen. Not the most important goal, not the best but it was a special celebration. It was like 'He's back!!!'....

One of the funniest things about the whole bigging up Rangers thing is that they only finished 3rd in the Championship that season (3 points behind Hibs and 24 points behind Hearts).  A minor detail the media managed to overlook.

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

One of the funniest things about the whole bigging up Rangers thing is that they only finished 3rd in the Championship that season (3 points behind Hibs and 24 points behind Hearts).  A minor detail the media managed to overlook.

And despite all of this everyone in the media had us written off as going down.

It was very satisfying taking 6 off this mob over two games when all you heard in the build up was that they would be back in the league the next season, and old firm games would be back etc. 

One of my biggest disappointments of the last 10/15 years following the Well is we have never lifted any silverware in that period of time despite having some very consistent sides.   I would swap some of the league victories we have had over Celtic or Rangers, such as  Skippy Sunday or some of the other games mentioned just to beat them in a final or two but until we do we can always remember games like those games and the enjoyment we had.

17 minutes ago, ropy said:

We need to beat them on the road to Hampden to have a better chance of winning a final 

Definetly,  like the game Moult scored a double at Hampden,  pity Hibs never got through lol.  We have come close on a few occasions.  That game we played Celtic when Corrigan passed it back with minutes to go is one that sticks in my head.  Remember thinking if we had got through we would have beat Dunfermline that year.    Also the one Clarkson missed the sitter that could have put us 3-1 up was another close one.  That was an enjoyable run that year.  Always remember the Faddy goal against Clyde.  

On 5/29/2019 at 12:16 AM, Yabba's Turd said:

DVD is dead, I'm sure I have some of these games, hosting them on youtube is out, hosting them here is out, is there a to rent site for fitba like there is for the American fitba?

@takeaway.com or something as I remember, happy days.