Odds and Sods Motherwell Thread

Andy_P

2 hours ago, sinjy said:

Try typing  motherwell 3 rangers 5 into you tube and you will get a rangers TV video of the game with most of the crowd trouble edited out. 

Yes, and The Hens TV had the nerve to call it a "stirring fightback" too. At least they got the "fight" bit right. They are a club beneath contempt and I wish there was a way they could play in England, the spiritual home of so many of their support.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 2:36 PM, Happy Dosser said:

Yes, and The Hens TV had the nerve to call it a "stirring fightback" too. At least they got the "fight" bit right. They are a club beneath contempt and I wish there was a way they could play in England, the spiritual home of so many of their support.

I wish both them and their great pals from across Glasgow could get their wish and move to England. 

Just think Scottish football would be so much more competitive and would be great starting a season with a genuine chance of winning either the league or one of the two cups.

2 hours ago, twistandshout1983 said:

I wish both them and their great pals from across Glasgow could get their wish and move to England. 

Just think Scottish football would be so much more competitive and would be great starting a season with a genuine chance of winning either the league or one of the two cups.

Agree but Rangers' dreadful behaviour in Manchester at the UEFA cup final probably killed any lingering chance of that. The English aren't stupid. The other lot can be pretty unpleasant too, as I discovered a few years ago when I got stuck in the middle of The Green Brigade coming out of Airbles station. Their intimidating military marching and abuse directed non-stop at the police (without any action) was not pleasant to behold. Then they tried to demolish the toilets and seating in the big stand. Do they have shares in Armitage Shanks or summat?

My interpretation of Strict Liability for the Ugly Sisters (and any other offending club, obviously) would be loss of three points (or more, depending on the seriousness of the offence) for sectarian singing or rioting, not just fining them or making them play games behind closed doors. Loss of points would be the only thing to make the clubs police their own support. This  will not happen in a million years, hence the dire state of our game. I hate going to FP when the OF come calling.

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

The problem is that the OF want to leave their colt teams behind so their fans can continue to pollute our stadiums when their big team is too far away to watch.

We're stuck with The Uglies for ever, weeyin, imo. The SFA will never grow the pair necessary to confront sectarianism and criminal intimidation. It only consigned Sevco to the fourth tier because the country's supporters told their clubs they weren't having any cosy deals made by clubs' directors to limit the sanctions upon The Hens.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Happy Dosser said:

We're stuck with The Uglies for ever, weeyin, imo. The SFA will never grow the pair necessary to confront sectarianism and criminal intimidation. It only consigned Sevco to the fourth tier because the country's supporters told their clubs they weren't having any cosy deals made by clubs' directors to limit the sanctions upon The Hens.

If the Authorities had their way you would have their colts in the lower leagues AND their first teams in the Premier League.  Not that long ago Rangers even guaranteed to buy at least 500 tickets for every away league game their colts played in an attempt to bribe the wee clubs to vote for their inclusion. That happens, the OF can hoover up even more youngsters and play them in meaningful, competitive games.

• Thanks 1

I quite like this fact. Rangers play 1 game in Europe and get a 3,000 seat ban and a public rebuke. The do it again against Warsaw and in advance of a ban they advise they won't take up a ticket allocation for their next away UEFA game.

Rangers and Celtic have played under the SFA for over 130 years and SPFL for what 10 now? Let's total up the games without any sanction or actions by two organisations scared to act.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2019 at 11:19 PM, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Colin is someone I have sat next to in the Cooper for 20 years + and shared in the banter. My heart goes out to his family - especially his son, who also comes to every game and has inherited his Dad's wit. I'm sorry I never knew him better. If anyone here knows the Anderson family well, it would be good to know about the funeral arrangements. 

Colin died tragically during a charity bike ride. His Just Giving page is now close to £6k. https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/colin-anderson28 

On 9/11/2019 at 4:42 PM, gullane said:

Colin is someone I have sat next to in the Cooper for 20 years + and shared in the banter. My heart goes out to his family - especially his son, who also comes to every game and has inherited his Dad's wit. I'm sorry I never knew him better. If anyone here knows the Anderson family well, it would be good to know about the funeral arrangements. 

Colin died tragically during a charity bike ride. His Just Giving page is now close to £6k. https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/colin-anderson28 

I’m his son actually. The generosity of people has brought me to tears a couple of times this week.

His funeral is on Wednesday 18th September at 10am at the Linn Crematorium. 

I’m making it my target to get to the Ross County game as the big man would be furious if I missed a game at Fir Park.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, AlmostFrazzled said:

I’m his son actually. The generosity of people has brought me to tears a couple of times this week.

I’m making it my target to get to the Ross County game as the big man would be furious if I missed a game at Fir Park.

Me and my mum have also sat in the Cooper for 25 years, and whilst I'm not aware of actually knowing you or your dad, I recognise him from the photos as a regular face in the stand.

I hope you make it to the County game...I lost my dad suddenly a week before the Aberdeen Scottish Cup semi at Hampden the other season, and going to that game was the best thing I could have done during that whole period.

I can also confirm that if anyone was still wondering with the benefit of hindsight where Curtis Main pulled a finish like that from, it was my da' making it happen. Apologies for misleading everyone :lol:.

All the best to you and yours.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Al B said:

I hope you make it to the County game...I lost my dad suddenly a week before the Aberdeen Scottish Cup semi at Hampden the other season, and going to that game was the best thing I could have done during that whole period.

We went to Hibs at Fir Park on the afternoon of my mum's memorial service, because it's what she'd have expected us to do. We lost 4-1, and we were so bad that Bob Malcolm scored. She had zero interest in the fitba' (even though she somehow usually knew the score before we came home) and she'd have found it hilarious that we'd have wasted our money on that "load of tripe".

• Like 4

19 hours ago, AlmostFrazzled said:

Thoughts and best wishes to you and the family Frazzle. Didnt know your dad but recognised his face from round Fir Park. Having lost my old man prematurely a good few years back, I will be eternally grateful to him for giving me my love of our wee diddy club. I hope you get the same comfort that I get every time I visit Fir Park. Its a shared bond that can never be broken. All the best mate.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Darren O'Dea has left to rejoin Celtic.

So that's us looking for a new youth coach to work under Hammell. I can't see Craggs coming back, Clarkson is already here, Fitzpatrick is assistant at Airdire and Pearson is working as an agent. Paul Quinn might be the next man up :lol:

BBC report on O'Dea moving quotes club as saying replacement has been appointed already but not announced.

They're not allowed to broadcast any live match coverage that isn't behind a paywall, so Mixlr is gone. Paying for MFC TV is the only way to get live audio or video coverage now.  Other than that, there's the live updates on the matchday page on the club website, but so far that's been no better than the reduced live Twitter updates this season.

The MFC TV feed yesterday was the Hearts commentary. They were surprisingly balanced compared to other feeds Ive listened too but would prefer Lewis Irons. Not sure why its like that. He clearly did some coverage of the game as you hear his commentary on the clubs "Story of the match" post.

Also MFC TV doesnt appear to work on the regular mobile phone browser. You need to switch to Chrome to get it to work and if you open up any other tabs it switches off. 

On 9/15/2019 at 5:38 PM, joewarkfanclub said:

The MFC TV feed yesterday was the Hearts commentary. They were surprisingly balanced compared to other feeds Ive listened too but would prefer Lewis Irons. Not sure why its like that. He clearly did some coverage of the game as you hear his commentary on the clubs "Story of the match" post.

Also MFC TV doesnt appear to work on the regular mobile phone browser. You need to switch to Chrome to get it to work and if you open up any other tabs it switches off. 

I was also surprised at how the Hearts TV commentators were. Were actually decent to listen to, instead of the bias of say Celtic or Rangers TV commentators

• Like 1