Odds and Sods Motherwell Thread

Andy_P

24 minutes ago, sinjy said:

Just had shiver listening  to Off the Ball second show on Saturday. Alan Preston said that  his cousin John Hughes should have left Raith Rovers before he did.  He was approached by Motherwell to replace Mark McGhee but refused to speak  to us out of loyalty to Raith. Phew! 

No disrespect to Yogi who seems a very likeable guy but really glad we went with Robbo instead

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the right place for this, I've had time on my hand whilst being furloughed.  Some of you may have seen this on twitter/insta but I've designed and ordered the first pin in hopefully a series of monthly pins based on current or past 'well heroes. The first one is David Turnbull. I've limited it to 100 pins and I'm donating to the well society from the sale of each pin.

Sold just over half of the David Turnbull pins so far so if anyone fancies having a look or put in a wee order that would be great, cheers!

Twitter page for updates and links is http://twitter.com/steelmenpins

Link to the online store http://www.steelmenpins.bigcartel.com

1508741940_EnamelBadgeBackerCardTemplateturnbullreduced.png.64c1e3423dd128ccd4ae5db363ec0e9e.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really enjoy working with mixed media. This is a painting of Motherwell legend Joe Wark I did in 2015. It was initially created in water soluble pastels. However, it has been worked on digitally as well. The final result is a part ‘analogue’ part digital painting. 

Joe was my football hero as a kid and I was lucky enough to meet him on a few occasions. The signature I used on the drawing was scanned from a card Joe signed for me back in the 1970s. Joe sadly passed away at the age of 67 following a battle with dementia

Joe made 539 appearances for Motherwell from 1968 to 1984, under seven different bosses, and dedicated his footballing career to the Fir Park side. After his retirement he became an ambassador for the club.

My mixed media painting has lay dormant on my hard drive for nearly 5 years. The plan was to print a small run on fine art paper with all the proceeds going to the Remember Well dementia charity. However, after several failed attempts to get in contact with them I’ve put the project on hold. 

I think I’ll have another attempt at contacting them as I quite like the painting.

Joe Wark Pastel Painting A6.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...
On 6/13/2020 at 11:12 PM, underboyleheating said:

I really enjoy working with mixed media. This is a painting of Motherwell legend Joe Wark I did in 2015. It was initially created in water soluble pastels. However, it has been worked on digitally as well. The final result is a part ‘analogue’ part digital painting. 

Joe was my football hero as a kid and I was lucky enough to meet him on a few occasions. The signature I used on the drawing was scanned from a card Joe signed for me back in the 1970s. Joe sadly passed away at the age of 67 following a battle with dementia

Joe made 539 appearances for Motherwell from 1968 to 1984, under seven different bosses, and dedicated his footballing career to the Fir Park side. After his retirement he became an ambassador for the club.

My mixed media painting has lay dormant on my hard drive for nearly 5 years. The plan was to print a small run on fine art paper with all the proceeds going to the Remember Well dementia charity. However, after several failed attempts to get in contact with them I’ve put the project on hold. 

I think I’ll have another attempt at contacting them as I quite like the painting.

Can I get one?

On 6/13/2020 at 11:12 PM, underboyleheating said:

I would be interested in one of them my favourite well player ever 

On 7/17/2020 at 3:31 AM, Yabba's Turd said:

Can I get one?

On 7/17/2020 at 10:20 AM, jim64 said:

I would be interested in one of them my favourite well player ever 

I’m going to arrange some fine art prints with all the profits going to the Sporting Memories Group who meet at Fir Park for fans with dementia. I’ll need to get some costs and speak to some people in the know. I’ll keep you all updated.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

I see we are joint top of the Premiership  teams with St Mirren  for the best designed club covid mask

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/53459100?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/scotland&link_location=live-reporting-story

It also answers the question of why we didn't slap the logo in the middle of the mask. Looks horrendous.

_113518922_capture.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've got enough ad and script blockers to stop then getting any revenue from me.

AN ARREST warrant has been issued for Motherwell FC chief executive Alan Burrows after he refused to attend court to give evidence due to work commitments.

Burrows, 37, is a key witness in a case where a man denies lobbing a hot drink towards Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos at Fir Park.

A warrant has been issued for Alan Burrows' arrestCredit: Times Newspapers Ltd

His absence caused the trial of Sean Baillie, 30, to be postponed to later in the year.

Baillie is charged with culpable and reckless conduct at a Motherwell and Rangers clash on December 15, last year.

Rangers star Jordan Jones fined £360 for undertaking cars and tailgating on M8 and M77

The alleged incident is said to have taken place moments after Morelos, 24, scored in the match which was beamed live on Sky Sports.

Baillie, of Maryhill, Glasgow, is alleged to have thrown a cup containing hot liquid onto the field of play to the danger of football players at Fir Park Stadium.

He pled not guilty at Hamilton Sheriff Court but prosecutors were forced to ask for a delay after Burrows failed to appear.

Depute fiscal Jennifer McCabe said: "A member of our team has spoken to Mr Burrows and he said he would not be able to attend due to work commitments.

"The police were trying to get him this morning on another matter relating to this case but, for whatever reason, couldn't get him."

Miss McCabe was then told by a court police officer that colleagues had contacted Burrows but he would not attend the court to give evidence in the trial.

She added: "I've just been updated that Mr Burrows is actively refusing to attend court today and I would seek a warrant in respect of him."

Sheriff Alasdair MacFadyen then issued a warrant for his arrest.

He added: "Through no fault of the Crown I'm going to have to postpone this case because of the absence of Mr Burrows. Mr Baillie your bail will be continued and I will grant a warrant for the arrest of this witness."

Baillie had his bail continued and a new date was set for November. Rangers eventually won the match 2-0 after Morelos had doubled his side's lead following a goal from defender Nikola Katic.

7 minutes ago, Shaka said:

Whats it got to do with Burrows if some prick wants to chuck a hot drink at a Rangers player?

I'm guessing it'll be to do with the structure in the last section of the East Stand. 

The guy definitely isn't a prick and he's pleading not guilty. 

4 hours ago, Casagolda said:

Burrows quite right to teel the crown to gtf. Was Burrows in the immediate vicinity? No.

He is the Chief Executive of the club. How many times have the crown called the Peter Lawwell to court when charges are brought against Celtic supporters?

Exactly what Im thinking! 

And I dont care what you say Steelboy. You lob a cup of hot tea/bovril/whatever then in my eyes You are a prick! There is, and will never be any excuse for a "fan" doing that. Looking forward to the not guilty defence, "no sir, I did not chuck the cup at Morelos, it slipped out of my hand and just happened to travel 15 feet straight at the Rangers players coupon. I believe there was a freak solar flare that caused an anomaly in the earth's atmosphere, mustve been that. I bought the drink, was holding it, but it was definately not me that threw it"