Odds and Sods Motherwell Thread

Andy_P

55 minutes ago, Shaka said:

Exactly what Im thinking! 

And I dont care what you say Steelboy. You lob a cup of hot tea/bovril/whatever then in my eyes You are a prick! There is, and will never be any excuse for a "fan" doing that. Looking forward to the not guilty defence, "no sir, I did not chuck the cup at Morelos, it slipped out of my hand and just happened to travel 15 feet straight at the Rangers players coupon. I believe there was a freak solar flare  that caused an anomaly in the earth's atmosphere, mustve been that. I bought the drink, was holding it, but it was definately not me that threw it"

Maybe the freak solar flare give him a steaming hot drink 70 minutes into a game in December. ....

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Shaka said:

Exactly what Im thinking! 

And I dont care what you say Steelboy. You lob a cup of hot tea/bovril/whatever then in my eyes You are a prick! There is, and will never be any excuse for a "fan" doing that. Looking forward to the not guilty defence, "no sir, I did not chuck the cup at Morelos, it slipped out of my hand and just happened to travel 15 feet straight at the Rangers players coupon. I believe there was a freak solar flare that caused an anomaly in the earth's atmosphere, mustve been that. I bought the drink, was holding it, but it was definately not me that threw it"

Since when was any tea or bovril sold at Fir Park described as hot, is this a new option the club are trialing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/1/2020 at 10:07 AM, steelboy said:

On 8/1/2020 at 5:31 PM, Happy Dosser said:

A bit worried about that "chopper" comment :O.

:lol:

To be fair, maybe just shows his passion And will to win, even at that stage in his career.

I always thought he was a Motherwell fan or at least went to our games growing up.

https://www.motherwelltimes.co.uk/news/crime/motherwell-fc-ceo-cleared-court-contempt-charge-after-no-show-2933696

Motherwell FC CEO cleared in court of contempt charge after no show

Motherwell FC chief executive Alan Burrows has been cleared of contempt of court after falling to turn up to give evidence in a trial.
By The Newsroom
Wednesday, 5th August 2020, 1:03 pm

The 37-year-old was in the dock at Hamilton Sheriff Court today.

It followed his failure to attend last week.

A warrant for his arrest had been issued, but he was allowed to attend voluntarily in the end.

He was due to give evidence against Sean Baillie, 30, of Glasgow, who denies culpably and recklessly throwing a hot drink on to the pitch at Fir Park.

The incident allegedly happened as Rangers players celebrated a goal during their 2-0 Scottish Premiership win over Motherwell last December.

The trial was adjourned until November due to Burrows failing to appear.

His lawyer, Kevin McCarron, said today that “a misunderstanding and complete breakdown in communication “ was to blame for the situation.

He said two witness citations had been posted but Burrows had not received them.

Mr McCarron told the court a representative of the procurator fiscal’s office had called his client a few days before the trial to check his availability.

The solicitor added: “Mr Burrows said he had previously arranged business that would be difficult to get out of.

“He was told that information would be passed on and took from that his attendance at court for the trial would not be required.

“He was not reluctant or unwilling to come to court to give evidence as he has co-operated with police from the outset.

“He apologises and regrets very much that there might have been inconvenience caused by this. That was never his intention.”

Victoria Ferguson, prosecuting, said the explanation put forward was not disputed.

Sheriff Colin Dunipace said he would make no finding of contempt of court but warned Burrows: “You must appreciate your attendance at court is extremely important, notwithstanding your business commitments.”

46 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

I am now at a panic stage nowadays are there any indications when Carrol/Dunne will be returning to first team duties?

Our defence has conceded 2 goals in 2 games - one from a penalty.

Long, Lang, Watt and White have scored zero goals in 2 games.

I'm more concerned about hitting the back of the net at the moment.

Nowhere near panic though. This is going to be a long and weird season. Strap yourself in and enjoy the ride.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

Our defence has conceded 2 goals in 2 games - one from a penalty.

Long, Lang, Watt and White have scored zero goals in 2 games.

I'm more concerned about hitting the back of the net at the moment.

Nowhere near panic though. This is going to be a long and weird season. Strap yourself in and enjoy the ride.

Agree. Spend the time working on fixing the zero goals for.