Jump to content

Andy_P

Odds and Sods Motherwell Thread

Recommended Posts

On 9/13/2019 at 10:36 PM, AlmostFrazzled said:

I’m his son actually. The generosity of people has brought me to tears a couple of times this week.

His funeral is on Wednesday 18th September at 10am at the Linn Crematorium. 

I’m making it my target to get to the Ross County game as the big man would be furious if I missed a game at Fir Park.

Hi Fraser. Peter and I were at the crematorium to pay respects to your Dad this morning. You wouldn't notice us in the crowd - great turn out. He was clearly a lovely man. Deepest condolences again to you, your Mum and sister. We will be there on Saturday for you if you can make it.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gullane said:

Hi Fraser. Peter and I were at the crematorium to pay respects to your Dad this morning. You wouldn't notice us in the crowd - great turn out. He was clearly a lovely man. Deepest condolences again to you, your Mum and sister. We will be there on Saturday for you if you can make it.

I had a feeling it was you guys as a few of my mates were saying a couple of guys were there with Motherwell scarves. Never noticed you as my head is absolutely up my backside today. 

We all thought there would be a decent turnout but I wasn’t expecting 400+. A fitting send off for the big man.

I’ll be there on Saturday. The big man wouldn’t let me have it any other way.

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very sorry to read of your families loss Fraser, the comments on the just giving link show just how valued a friend and colleague he was to so many, beyond the family, I hope you make it along ot the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I made it along on Saturday. The minutes applause had me in tears.

At least my old man would have got a laugh at the most typically Motherwell performance we've put in this season. 

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just been reading that UEFA are setting up a diddy cup below the Europa league from 2021-22.

So unless we qualify for the Europa League this season we'll probably be aiming at the UEFA Europa Conference League in future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, steelboy said:

I've just been reading that UEFA are setting up a diddy cup below the Europa league from 2021-22.

So unless we qualify for the Europa League this season we'll probably be aiming at the UEFA Europa Conference League in future.

As will a lot of the clubs in europe. Europa league itself is really being reduced.  More of the same from UEFA to ensure the top 5 league make up a big % of the top two comps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2019 at 12:53 PM, AlmostFrazzled said:

I made it along on Saturday. The minutes applause had me in tears.

At least my old man would have got a laugh at the most typically Motherwell performance we've put in this season. 

Sorry to hear about your dad- recognised him from the Cooper Stand. Glad you made it along- it sounds as though it's what he would have wanted and, as you say, the most typical Motherwell performance. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Motherwell feature on the cover of this new book, ‘it’s A Team Game’.
We are pictured wearing a rare all white away kit no doubt in a bold attempt to copy Real Madrid. A print of this very picture came free with the original release of the ‘Up The Well’ single. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll have a stab at the names in that picture. 

Back Jumbo Muir,  Whiteford, Wark,  Donnelly, McCloy,  McCallum,  John Murray

Front Howitt, Jimmy  Wilson, McInally,  Bobby Campbell, Deans,  Goldthorpe, Humphries.

Although my dad took me to games from the late fifties, when I was very young, this era around 1968/69 was when I became serious supporter old enough to go with my pals. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sinjy said:

I'll have a stab at the names in that picture. 

Back Jumbo Muir,  Whiteford, Wark,  Donnelly, McCloy,  McCallum,  John Murray

Front Howitt, Jimmy  Wilson, McInally,  Bobby Campbell, Deans,  Goldthorpe, Humphries.

Although my dad took me to games from the late fifties, when I was very young, this era around 1968/69 was when I became serious supporter old enough to go with my pals. 

Go to the top of the class 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sinjy said:

I'll have a stab at the names in that picture. 

Back Jumbo Muir,  Whiteford, Wark,  Donnelly, McCloy,  McCallum,  John Murray

Front Howitt, Jimmy  Wilson, McInally,  Bobby Campbell, Deans,  Goldthorpe, Humphries.

Although my dad took me to games from the late fifties, when I was very young, this era around 1968/69 was when I became serious supporter old enough to go with my pals. 

Spot on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×