££££££££'s

ONeils4oyarder

On 6/17/2019 at 11:03 AM, Neilwell86 said:

do you reckon if the stand was to get rebuilt we would face the same issues we did all those years with regards to sun light getting into gardens? how would we get around that?

Other than leaving it empty again, another option might be to fill that bit with a lower stand, like they had to do with one end of the Aviva Stadium in Dublin for the same reason. Hardly seems worth it for the number of extra seats we'd get in there, though.

Wonderful though it would be to rebuild completely several areas of Fir Park, I guess we would have to sell another dozen or so David Turnbulls to be able to afford that. I think the best we can hope for is more patching up although maybe to a better standard if we do coin it it from transfers. Don’t forget the relaying of the pitch annually will also cost a fair sum.

Nice  to dream though. 

2 hours ago, numpty said:

Other than leaving it empty again, another option might be to fill that bit with a lower stand, like they had to do with one end of the Aviva Stadium in Dublin for the same reason:

574385617_Aviva_banner_8copy.jpg.e8a91abb61a645a4671d971f64d8a8e1.jpg

Hardly seems worth it for the number of extra seats we'd get in there, though.

Don't the club already own the houses on Fir Park Street that were objecting to full construction back in the day? 

30 minutes ago, GregyScotland said:

Don't the club already own the houses on Fir Park Street that were objecting to full construction back in the day? 

Think they did,  at one point they were the club offices but I believe they were sold back in the ‘90’s or early 2000’s

2 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Does anyone know when the Hastie compensation issue will be resolved? Its all gone very quiet.

Apparently, FIFA requires payment within 30 days of registration.

However, remember Hastie only signed a pre-contract - he was still on our books until the end of May at least. He might not have signed a "proper" contract or been registered yet, so the 30 day clock doesn't start ticking until that point in time.

I doubt we'll be making any announcement about it, though, when payment is received. Not usually our style.

The Scottish transfer window only opened on June 11. So Rangers have had a week to register Hastie assuming his contract with us has expired. Registration requires some sort of payment to us......either any fee agreed between the Cubs or 50% of any offer refused. If Rangers want to play Hastie in their Europa games or even loan him out then they will need to set the ball rolling fairly soon. But it’s in their hands. Not sure if they can play him as A Trialist in pre season friendlies. I did hear Gerrard wanted to have a good look at him before deciding whether to loan him out. Although they do look to be after yet another wide player.

They are fairly active in the transfer/ loan market at the moment so I don’t think we will have to wait too long. I think both Clubs would prefer to agree terms so hopefully we will not have to suffer the lottery of a Scottish Transfer Tribunal.

Now that our outstanding debt to John Boyle and Les Hutchison is about to be paid off, all being well, any Society monies raised can now be invested 100% in the club itself whether it be to improve facilities for fans; invest in the Academy, or to modestly add to the playing budget.  Its all a balancing act of course. 

• Like 1

Now that our outstanding debt to John Boyle and Les Hutchison is about to be paid off, all being well, any Society monies raised can now be invested 100% in the club itself whether it be to improve facilities for fans; invest in the Academy, or to modestly add to the playing budget.  Its all a balancing act of course. 

Just posted almost exactly the same in the other thread! :D

I’d rather the Well society money was split between the academy and building up capital savings for any unforeseen problem. 

The club should be able to run at a slightly higher level now that any transfer fee will go solely into the club. 

As ive said previously I’d like the club to set up a fund to pay for a couple of players with any transfer money from these players being split - say 60:40 between the club and the fund after the money payed in wages to the player goes back into the fund. 

ie

sign player on £3K per week on a 3 year deal

If we sell the player after 18 to 24 months we would need to sell for a minimum £225K to £300K to brake even. 

Anything extra is then split between club and fund. 

Fund uses money on new player and we start again.

If we can afford to do this for 3 players on an ongoing basis and we make a profit on one player, break even on a second player and make a 50% loss on the third it’s not impossible that the fund could slowly grow. 

• Like 1

What do we do when the senior players that we hope to renew, demand 3k a week as well because they know we have 3 guys being paid that? Just direct the calls to you aye?

And if we find out one of those players isn't cutting it and we're stuck paying them 3k a week for 3 years to sit on the bench, will you post again and tell us what to do?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Al B said:

What do we do when the senior players that we hope to renew, demand 3k a week as well because they know we have 3 guys being paid that? Just direct the calls to you aye?

Tell them to bolt and we'll find someone else to finish bottom six.

We have had already had a situation where Nicky Law was getting paid more than most of his team mates and it worked ok.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, stuwell said:

I’d rather the Well society money was split between the academy and building up capital savings for any unforeseen problem. 

The club should be able to run at a slightly higher level now that any transfer fee will go solely into the club. 

As ive said previously I’d like the club to set up a fund to pay for a couple of players with any transfer money from these players being split - say 60:40 between the club and the fund after the money payed in wages to the player goes back into the fund. 

ie

sign player on £3K per week on a 3 year deal

If we sell the player after 18 to 24 months we would need to sell for a minimum £225K to £300K to brake even. 

Anything extra is then split between club and fund. 

Fund uses money on new player and we start again.

If we can afford to do this for 3 players on an ongoing basis and we make a profit on one player, break even on a second player and make a 50% loss on the third it’s not impossible that the fund could slowly grow. 

I like this model. Slight risk attached of course but with careful research and scouting it could work. All teams have players on different wages and others still will use mwell to reignite career. Your sums add up.

34 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Tell them to bolt and we'll find someone else to finish bottom six.

We have had already had a situation where Nicky Law was getting paid more than most of his team mates and it worked ok.

What if those players out perform our £3k a week players :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Al B said:

And if we find out one of those players isn't cutting it and we're stuck paying them 3k a week for 3 years to sit on the bench, will you post again and tell us what to do?

If there are 3 players not taking money out of the player budget then there is scope to increase other players wages. Also if the team is performing better the other players will get more money in win bonuses and finishing positions. 

I don’t have all the answers but I do believe that we must look at different ways to maximise our cash.  

Additionally I would like to think that the club could use some of the money to tie down some of  our youths on longer contracts and point to this and say we want you guys to be taking these players places in a couple of years do go prove you’re worth it.