Hall of Fame

fizoxy

1 hour ago, fizoxy said:

Motherwell launching Hall of Fame - https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2019/06/06/launching-the-motherwell-fc-hall-of-fame/

Who’d be your stick-ons for the first class?

I know he wasn’t a player so apparently he wouldn’t meet the criteria to be inducted but John ‘Sailor’ Hunter would get my first vote.  Players, I’d start with Willie McFadyen, Bobby Ferrier, Hughie Ferguson, Andy Paton,

• Like 2

The capped for Scotland thing is probably not relevant, as there seem to have been times when it has been seriously difficult for 'well players to get capped. From the early 1979s, when Scotland started using a squad system which, to be fair, was pretty successful, it seemed almost impossible for a Motherwell players get a look in. Was anyone capped in the seventies before Willie P? And even after him, who was the next 'well player to be capped? Tom Boyd? So not ,perhaps,the best criteria for Hall of Fame membership?

5 hours ago, The African said:

The capped for Scotland thing is probably not relevant, as there seem to have been times when it has been seriously difficult for 'well players to get capped. From the early 1979s, when Scotland started using a squad system which, to be fair, was pretty successful, it seemed almost impossible for a Motherwell players get a look in. Was anyone capped in the seventies before Willie P? And even after him, who was the next 'well player to be capped? Tom Boyd? So not ,perhaps,the best criteria for Hall of Fame membership?

Can they set up a separate Hall of Bawbags for Tom Boyd?

• Like 4

On 6/6/2019 at 5:09 PM, fizoxy said:

Motherwell launching Hall of Fame - https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2019/06/06/launching-the-motherwell-fc-hall-of-fame/

Who’d be your stick-ons for the first class?

25 years after it was suggested to John Swinburne, along with a proposal for a website and a statistical record on that new thing the internet.
His words - "No one wants to look at statistics or old match reports, we have the former players club and the internet is a fad"

#Visionary

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Yabba's Turd said:

25 years after it was suggested to John Swinburne, along with a proposal for a website and a statistical record on that new thing the internet.
His words - "No one wants to look at statistics or old match reports, we have the former players club and the internet is a fad"

#Visionary

To be fair,  Bill Gates had a famously similar opinion about the internet in the 1990s that left Microsoft scrambling to catch up. And he should have known better than Mr Swinburne.

On 6/6/2019 at 6:10 PM, ECOSSE1991 said:

Surprised that the launch poster appears to restrict voting to ‘favourite players’, surely potential inductees should include managers, directors etc.

On 6/6/2019 at 9:37 PM, fizoxy said:

I can see the initial class being a mix of guys from different eras, but the names above would be no brainers for me.

On 6/7/2019 at 2:26 PM, rinkydink said:

Can they set up a separate Hall of Bawbags for Tom Boyd?

I’d vote for him in that category. He’s a grade ‘A’ wanker who has zero respect for the club that gave him the stage to perform.  He’s not fit to grace a Motherwell hall of fame. In fact we should tell him that he’s being inducted but send him the wrong date and venue. I’ve renamed him ‘Tom Void’ as he’s nonexistent to me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

The inaugral inductees are always difficult cos their could be so many.

I would imagine that our first Hall of Fame inductees will be bonafide club legends that no one will have an issue about.
I don’t envisage that controversial former players like Mr Boyd will be on the inaugural list. 

On 6/11/2019 at 11:17 AM, Busta Nut said:

The inaugral inductees are always difficult cos their could be so many.

Could maybe add some minimum criteria for the first round. Cup winners, league winners, number of appearances or similar. 

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

Could maybe add some minimum criteria for the first round. Cup winners, league winners, number of appearances or similar. 

didnt leave to direct opposition and turn into a ****

*re cup winners - too many didnt get credit due to final squad limits , there needs to be a  time to recognise those that contributed to the cup success in earlier rounds