Youth Development is alive and WELL

Welldaft Mk1

It is like I have been in a deep sleep and awoken to fine out that we have by far and away the best youth development in the top flight.

A long way to go to get the money Hibs and DDee United got for their crop of starlets but we are making a decent fist of it. 

Turnbull could end up earning us £4m + if he is sold on. Gutted he has gone but we cannot turn that kind of money down. 

But you have Premiership and Championship clubs fighting over players I have not heard of. £400k for McKinstry and now Reece McAlear interesting West Ham and Leicester if today’s news is to b believed. 

Kudos to our wee club. I got to assume Craigan deserves some credit for this. Long may it continue. As a fan owned club we rely on this type of revenue. 

Would love all these players to realise their potential with us, but equally pleased and proud of this news coverage over the past month or two.  

• Like 3

Certainly puts us on the radar for bigger clubs looking for development prospects and encouraging local boys that Motherwell is the place to start any prospective career in football. The fees we will receive for the other 3 mentioned will total a 7 figure sum on their own. Win win for us all round.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

It is like I have been in a deep sleep and awoken to fine out that we have by far and away the best youth development in the top flight.

A long way to go to get the money Hibs and DDee United got for their crop of starlets but we are making a decent fist of it. 

Turnbull could end up earning us £4m + if he is sold on. Gutted he has gone but we cannot turn that kind of money down. 

But you have Premiership and Championship clubs fighting over players I have not heard of. £400k for McKinstry and now Reece McAlear interesting West Ham and Leicester if today’s news is to b believed. 

Kudos to our wee club. I got to assume Craigan deserves some credit for this. Long may it continue. As a fan owned club we rely on this type of revenue. 

Would love all these players to realise their potential with us, but equally pleased and proud of this news coverage over the past month or two.  

Never assume...

I would rather have the chance of us being able to play our youth for a couple of seasons (hoping for a cup win) before they move on to bigger and better things. I understand that we are a selling club and need to balance the books but it is frustrating seeing players being snapped up before they kicked a ball. Then again we have done it in the past to lower league teams.

When the debt is paid off it would be great to see an increase in investment in the youth setup.