Would you welcome a buyer for the Club

Well Well

Yes I would providing they had the clubs best interests at heart, you always get people who scaremonger away from it looking at examples of others who have ruined clubs but theres also some good owners out there, Well Society has been great for stabilising the club and continues to make us thrive but if a money man came forward and could take us to the next level without going over the top then i'd be all for it.

Sports club ownership does appear to be a major ego trip for most. Normally sane and sensible business men with a track record of success in their own sphere of the business world seem to commonly lose all basic common sense when they step into the world of sporting club ownership with generally disastrous consequences. Fan ownership may be less exciting, and indeed for a club like Motherwell it may well prove unsustainable, but it is an interesting route for us to take, so let’s at least give it a go and see where it takes us.

I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned Vladimir Romanov yet.  He was welcomed in a blaze of publicity as cult hero by many Hearts fans but by the end of his reign a substantial number of them had viciously turned against him.  Dundee's record with sugar daddies hasn't gone too well either. 

5 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Standing at Raydale Park on Tuesday night, you've got to wonder if Brooks Mileson ever thought a town the size of Gretna could support a top flight side.  I always thought he came across as a decent guy, but I'm guessing he was on a major ego trip with that one.

Given that he smoked 100 fags a day and his main source of nutrition was Lucozade I doubt he had much of a long term outlook on anything. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned Vladimir Romanov yet.  He was welcomed in a blaze of publicity as cult hero by many Hearts fans but by the end of his reign a substantial number of them had viciously turned against him. 

It's mental that there has been no investigation about what Romanov was actually up to at Hearts given that he stole 300 million Euros from his own dodgy bank. 

My conclusion is that we don’t want a buyer for the club we just need a doner who will just donate a bundle with no strings attached.  So I think we are hoping for some mega rich person to pass away and leave all their money to MFC instead of a home for stray dogs. 

11 minutes ago, steelboy said:

It's mental that there has been no investigation about what Romanov was actually up to at Hearts given that he stole 300 million Euros from his own dodgy bank. 

His bank based in Lithuania, so no British authority was going to bother investigating. They have enough trouble dealing with UK bank fraud. (And UK football administration with their "fit and proper" rules are quite happy to let crooked money and owners into the game).

He was one of those businessmen who was close to the old USSR regime and allowed to buy state business when they were sold off post-dissoultion. So no Russian authorities were going to investigate him.

If you believe the stories, the Lithuanian authorities ran an investigation, but I can't imagine they have a high rate of successful prosecutions.