Season Ticket Advice

FirParkCornerExile

I renewed my season ticket online on Friday.  I had been led to believe my existing card would just be re validated for next season. However I could not make payment without clicking "pick up / collection" or "recorded delivery" . Did anyone else experience that. why would those options be mandatory if the existing card is merely re validated. I also got a confirmation email stating the following 

Tickets can be collected from the ticket office, unless print at home has been selected or postage has been paid for.

No print at home is available for Away games, tickets need to be collected from the ticket office unless postage paid for.

Print at home tickets:- your ticket will follow in another email.

This all seems mad if my existing card is re validated.

4 minutes ago, ropy said:

I was intending phoning with that very question 

Cheers mate I'm at least reassured I'm not going mad and wasn't only one to experience it.  I did ask the question on the clubs twitter feed but didn't get a response.

** edit

Just checked my emails and club have sent confirmation email saying thanks for buying ticket and our existing card has been re-validated. Maybe IT just need to tidy up payment pages on clubs website.

Edited by FirParkCornerExile
Further info

I had the same thing when renewing mine back in May and I'm going to phone up and check as I don't have much faith my card will be re-activated otherwise. I've not had any e-mail stating it will be.

I know it's a relatively new system but it still needs a bit of work if truth be told. 

• Like 2

Some cards from last season will be getting replaced , some peoples cards will just get re-activated to work again this season

it was explained as something to do with the system in the background, where certain 'categories' in the system were getting restructured, to help the business processes

from our 5 purchased , I think two were due to get replaced , one a free kid add on and the other a student?

Pretty sure the orignal poster in the thread just happened upon another out of date web notice, the sites are riddled with them.

for anyone not sure about ticket situation or lost cards, numbers etc ,

the Club are surprisingly helpful if you ask them .... and you usually get the correct answer or problem solved there and then

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brazilian said:

the Club are surprisingly helpful if you ask them .... and you usually get the correct answer or problem solved there and then

I don't think anyone is saying otherwise. but it defeats the purpose of an automated online renewal system.

The initial confusion has been caused by contradictory information contained in the automated confirmation e-mails which shouldn't be too difficult to fix. 

I'm sure they will get there in the end and given this is the first season of online renewals it is understandable. In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal.

I renewed mine online and opted to collect in person. My main issue was that there was no indication whether or not the two kids tickets were being renewed at the same time. I'll have to ask when I go to collect. The website's in dire need of improvement.

I went to Fir Park and paid during the early bird period and was told by Wendy that I would be informed when my new ticket was ready. I pointed out that the tickets were being renewed from last season. She said that most tickets would be simply  the same ticket as last season but all concessions last season were counted the same and the club want to see the percentage of Kids/seniors/students for business reasons so these tickets are being re-done for this season.