Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
texanwellfan

Streaming service

Recommended Posts

They haven’t said that it’s stopped, so I’m taking that as a sign that it will continue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still another three weeks until the league campaign kicks off so plenty of time. I have no doubt the service will continue as before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, David said:

Still another three weeks until the league campaign kicks off so plenty of time. I have no doubt the service will continue as before.

My subscription is set up as a yearly recurring payment, so I presume they have plans to run it again this season.

It's the same service a lot of other clubs use every year, so I can't see why it won't be business as usual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, weeyin said:

My subscription is set up as a yearly recurring payment, so I presume they have plans to run it again this season.

It's the same service a lot of other clubs use every year, so I can't see why it won't be business as usual.

I’ll have to go check if I set it up same way or not then.  Either way sounds like it should be available. Thanks for responses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to confirm, I emailed Craig Hughes today and here is  his reply:

Yes I just checked with the media team, all home matches will be streamed as well as the majority of away fixtures. We should have a confirmed list of all of the away matches we are streaming out soon.

So looks like we are in good shape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kicking off the streaming with the Betfred Cup this season.

We get the Morton game as a video stream, and the remainder as audio (presumably because BT Sport are covering the Morton game)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dissapointed to discover that all match coverage (audio and picture, UK and overseas )  is now paid subscription only.

seems a bit of an own goal, but hey I'm sure its a business decision , but strange for a business that relies on getting the message out and keeping customers hooked(mixlr was handy for missed games)

Quote

moving our commentary to a paid model. We have to do this to be able to offer live video to fans outside the UK.

will be interesting to see what coverage is left for non subscribers , that do not need the video thats sought after outside uk

 

PS I know I could pay the £60 , but thats not likely to happen, I feel I pay plenty already, perhaps if they had modelled it differently and pitched it in with a level of Society contributons I'd have paid

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brazilian said:

dissapointed to discover that all match coverage (audio and picture, UK and overseas )  is now paid subscription only.

seems a bit of an own goal, but hey I'm sure its a business decision , but strange for a business that relies on getting the message out and keeping customers hooked(mixlr was handy for missed games)

will be interesting to see what coverage is left for non subscribers ,

 

PS I know I could pay the £60 , but thats not likley to happen, I feel I pay plenty already, perhaps if they had modelled it differently and pitched it in with a level of Society contributons I'd have paid

 

That’s baws. 

Surely if you are a season ticket holder/society member that these should be included. 

I mentioned on the match day thread about the lack of updates on the game. That will be exactly why then. Trying to get more cash out us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree they could come up with a better model, but I suspect if they gave it free to all society members and season ticket holders there would be nobody left that would pay for it.

Would be interesting to hear how the costs breakdown to see how they could be managed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a bit miffed that they took payment even during the close season. I've asked the club how much cash they get from this setup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been asking the club how much of the subs goes to them. They haven't told me yet but on the latest podcast they mentioned a "significant chunk", so that sounds hopeful at least. 

Does anyone have a list of the away grounds where the video *won't* be available this season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, claretband said:

I've been asking the club how much of the subs goes to them. They haven't told me yet but on the latest podcast they mentioned a "significant chunk", so that sounds hopeful at least. 

Does anyone have a list of the away grounds where the video *won't* be available this season?

Not sure about this season, but off the top of my head, last season it was Livi, St Mirren, Killie, Accies - and I think Rangers (there are so many streams for OF games I might be misremembering - we definitely had an official stream for Celtic away, but I think Rangers was unavailable).

When I emailed Craigh Hughes a few weeks ago he said they were hoping to have a confirmed list of the away matches "out soon" but I haven't seen that yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has the Livi game been uploaded in its entirety on the paid service? Or is it just the highlights?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David said:

Has the Livi game been uploaded in its entirety on the paid service? Or is it just the highlights?

So far, the entire second half has been uploaded, as has the highlights video. I assume the entire first half will follow soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice. Call me a glutton for punishment, but I'll end up sitting through the entire 90 minutes just to see how we got on :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just wondering if I'm going to get up for 6am kick of this coming Saturday and be able to sit thru 90 minutes :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, David said:

Nice. Call me a glutton for punishment, but I'll end up sitting through the entire 90 minutes just to see how we got on :lol:

Looks like the first half is up now. Fill yir boots.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 8:12 AM, claretband said:

I've been asking the club how much of the subs goes to them. They haven't told me yet but on the latest podcast they mentioned a "significant chunk", so that sounds hopeful at least. 

Does anyone have a list of the away grounds where the video *won't* be available this season?

Did they ask you back how much your wages are every week.   Mmmm could be sensitive information.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW I've just had this from TV towers:-

 

At present we do not have the shared resource with: Livingston, Accies, St Mirren, Ross County and Rangers, although one of these clubs will be part of the group very soon.

 

If the away match is a TV broadcast then we would also show this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going slightly off topic, does anyone know how the full Livi game was available on stream on Saturday? Looked like the full SPFL feed, with no station logo, etc. Anyone know how?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×