Jump to content

Goggles & Flippers

Predictions for the Season 2019/20

Recommended Posts

For me, the season ahead is going to be defined by the fortunes of David Turnbull. If he returns fully fit and showing the form of last season and if we can then keep him for the season, I think we have the makings of a strong top 6 side. It will always be very difficult to displace the city clubs so 6th place would be a big step forward. However, if Turnbull is fit and playing I think we have the squad to break into the top 5.

So my prediction:  with Turnbull 5th (splitting the Edinburgh teams), without 6th

My other prediction is that we will lose our manager. He must be starting to show on the radar of clubs down South. If we have a strong start to the season and are top 6 by Christmas, I think he will become hot property. So a top six finish with a new manager by the end of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, star sail said:

For me, the season ahead is going to be defined by the fortunes of David Turnbull. If he returns fully fit and showing the form of last season and if we can then keep him for the season, I think we have the makings of a strong top 6 side.

That will depend on whether he's returned from injury and playing well by the end of January.  If he is, he'll be off and we'll see perhaps a few weeks of him in the first team at best. If he doesn't depart in January, then we may get more out of him if he can get back to his best.  On a personal note, good luck to the lad as he's been through enough for a youngster of his age.  

I also think we need a goal scorer up front.

This coming Saturday will prove to be a good early test as Livingston will be an upgrade in class compared to who we've played so far this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, star sail said:

For me, the season ahead is going to be defined by the fortunes of David Turnbull. If he returns fully fit and showing the form of last season and if we can then keep him for the season, I think we have the makings of a strong top 6 side. It will always be very difficult to displace the city clubs so 6th place would be a big step forward. However, if Turnbull is fit and playing I think we have the squad to break into the top 5.

So my prediction:  with Turnbull 5th (splitting the Edinburgh teams), without 6th

My other prediction is that we will lose our manager. He must be starting to show on the radar of clubs down South. If we have a strong start to the season and are top 6 by Christmas, I think he will become hot property. So a top six finish with a new manager by the end of the season.

You think our season will be defined by the future of David Turnbull, yet your predictions with and without him only have a difference of one league place and both are in the top six?   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top 6 I think we are going fairly decent if we add some more firepower up front could be a good season.St Mirren could have the worst spl record ever they just look shocking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MrBeee said:

Top 6 I think we are going fairly decent if we add some more firepower up front could be a good season.St Mirren could have the worst spl record ever they just look shocking.

I think Scott is going to have a good season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Londonwell said:

You think our season will be defined by the future of David Turnbull, yet your predictions with and without him only have a difference of one league place and both are in the top six?   

In my original post, I was distinguishing between the City clubs and the rest. Apoligies if that was not clear. Getting in amongst the top 5 seems to me like a big step forward. 6th place is really best of the rest. 

Turnbull would provide the extra quality to help us break that ceiling,  hence my prediction. Only one place in terms of league position but a significant one.  Hope that clears it up Londonwell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, star sail said:

In my original post, I was distinguishing between the City clubs and the rest. Apoligies if that was not clear. Getting in amongst the top 5 seems to me like a big step forward. 6th place is really best of the rest. 

Turnbull would provide the extra quality to help us break that ceiling,  hence my prediction. Only one place in terms of league position but a significant one.  Hope that clears it up Londonwell. 

Certainly does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×