Livingston vs Motherwell 03/08/2019

steelboy

Our first game of the season is unfortunately on a complete monstrosity of a pitch. We showed a lot of potential in the cup games but this fixture will be more of a battle and will be our first genuine defensive test and probably a shock for new signings. Despite that I think we can get the win as Livi have lost their most important players at the back in Gallagher and Halkett as well as Liam Kelly in goals and Ryan Hardie up front. They will possibly have Nicky Devlin and Jack McMillan as fullbacks so you have to hope our new wingers can make an impact against two players we released.

Gillespie

Tait Gallagher Dunne Carroll

Ilic Sloth Donnelly Campbell Hylton

Scott

I'd like to see the wingers switching sides and playing close to Scott. This will definitely be a "win the right to play game" so hopefully the team will be ready for a scrap.

If Livi continue the form they showed in the second half of last season we have a good chance of winning this one.

They racked up a number of points early with their unconventional style but slipped back down the table as teams worked them out.

If they persist with the same approach, we should be ready to match it. 

Shiter of a pitch said i wouldnt go back there after the bus driver got lost at the cup game last year and the pitch was terrible . Wont be there for first game of season, bummer , especially fearful for our fast wingers so no injuries please. Should beat them tho

17 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Is the game gonna be streamed on MFC TV?

The answer to that question will influence the amount of money I spunk on us at 17/10......

Just the audio I think. Livi are one of the away grounds that don't let us stream video for whatever reason. 

1 hour ago, ohwulliewullie said:

Think you may be right with the team, except I think Polworth will be in rather than Sloth

I thought Sloth looked like he had a bit of authority about him in his 45 minutes. Given how little experience we have in the front half of the team then I'd definitely start him if he's fit enough.

4 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Livi lost the backbone of the team over the summer with Kelly, Gallagher and Halkett leaving and they don't seem to have replaced them, I think they will struggle this year. So going for an opening day win for the well, 2-0.

And Dolly Menga is out on a season long loan to an Angolan team.

—————-Gillespie 

Tait———Gallagher—Dunne—-carroll

————-Donnelly

Seedorf——Polworth—-Campbell——Hylton

—————-Scott————

Subs: 

Carson 

Hartley

Maguire 

Grimshaw

Sloth

Illic

Long

2-1 well 

2 minutes ago, tintowellfan said:

And very expensive! £27 including fees. WTF.

Isn't it the same though across the board - haven't bought tickets from MFC direct, do they not charge? Certainly Ticketmaster are masters of that - booking fees for Liverpool v Napoli on Sunday were about £4+ if I remember correctly. Rip-off, as is the PATG price, but sadly it is what it is