Livingston vs Motherwell 03/08/2019

steelboy

5 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

So, irrespective of the crowd, we're being restricted to Section L, gates 11 and 12. Couldn't they allocate a little bit more seating?

Sections "M" and "N" were being sold direct from Motherwell. Presumably they will open up other areas as demand is required.

25 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Fully expect the same shambles as last seasons  league cup tie.........only 2 turnstiles open which serve the areas mentioned N,M,L,K

we arrived and joined the q at just after 230pm and just made the kick off

Just get there early, we walked straight in at 2pm. I think we will have a big following tomorrow, I would not be getting there with 20 minutes to go until kick off.

7 minutes ago, daver said:

I've been told Motherwell have sold all of the allocation they had so tickets now need to be bought at Livingston. 

According to our official twitter, if you don't want to buy online at Livi's website you can buy them at the Almondvale Suite on Saturday,

1 hour ago, daver said:

I've been told Motherwell have sold all of the allocation they had so tickets now need to be bought at Livingston. 

Given there will be around 800 Livi fans I don’t think running out of seats will be an issue.

4 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

Just get there early, we walked straight in at 2pm. I think we will have a big following tomorrow, I would not be getting there with 20 minutes to go until kick off.

Don't think I've ever been a football ground an hour before kick off in the forty odd years I've been going to matches.......last year was very early for me :doh:

Why don't Livy open the  another 2 turnstiles   on the side of the ground where we are seated, last season the crowds for both games there was  under 2000......why the need for tickets when the ground is only going to be a quarter full ???

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Livi lost the backbone of the team over the summer with Kelly, Gallagher and Halkett leaving and they don't seem to have replaced them, I think they will struggle this year. So going for an opening day win for the well, 2-0.

Yeah, Kelly, Gallagher, Halkett, Byrne, Menga & Hardie all missing from last seasons team, and only a couple full backs signed. They will really struggle I think

36 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Given there will be around 800 Livi fans I don’t think running out of seats will be an issue.

I don't for a minute think they'll run out of seats as they regularly have away supports larger than ours. Just letting people know there's no point going to Fir Park and they might need to allow more time at Livingston. 

44 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Don't think I've ever been a football ground an hour before kick off in the forty odd years I've been going to matches.......last year was very early for me :doh:

Why don't Livy open the  another 2 turnstiles   on the side of the ground where we are seated, last season the crowds for both games there was  under 2000......why the need for tickets when the ground is only going to be a quarter full ???

Tickets are usually a police requirement rather than a club requirement.

As for the number of turnstiles open, that is typically down to saving money,

44 minutes ago, daver said:

I don't for a minute think they'll run out of seats as they regularly have away supports larger than ours. Just letting people know there's no point going to Fir Park and they might need to allow more time at Livingston. 

Sorry I did not mean my reply to come across as disrespectful.

3 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

It’s the skinflint organisation (one person sat at a desk selling the tickets, not enough turnstiles open) + decent Well following + people not arriving in enough time for the above = plenty of folk missing the kick off. Get there early 

Football  is an entertainment business. As someone  who is thinking of going  tomorrow but due to personal circumstances it will be a decision  made around 2pm having read the shenanigans on here about  queuing for a ticket then queuing  again at the turnstile I think I will give it a miss. How many others are put off by this and how many other entertainment enterprises make it difficult for paying  customers?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ohwulliewullie said:

It’s the skinflint organisation (one person sat at a desk selling the tickets, not enough turnstiles open) + decent Well following + people not arriving in enough time for the above = plenty of folk missing the kick off. Get there early 

Very early, queue for your ticket, then queue to get through the turnstile, maybe up to 1500 well fans. I think anyone turning up after 2.30 pm is not going to see the kick off.

We will look to be parked up at the stadium by 1.45pm

26 minutes ago, sinjy said:

Football  is an entertainment business. As someone  who is thinking of going  tomorrow but due to personal circumstances it will be a decision  made around 2pm having read the shenanigans on here about  queuing for a ticket then queuing  again at the turnstile I think I will give it a miss. How many others are put off by this and how many other entertainment enterprises make it difficult for paying  customers?

mm?id=1633i

the away stands are in blue........Motherwell support to enter via turnstile 11&12...... Sections N,M,L,K seat just over 1000

if there are numbers like Dumbarton 1200 it will be chaos .........home support have access to the whole  West Stand via 4 turnstiles and hospitality

It could be easily solved by opening 13&14 or 8,9&10 .......as Sinjy says we are the "paying customers"

Hopefully it will all go smoothly...........as my lifts son is working night shift and we ain't planning to leave Mwell to 1.45 :scare::scare:

1 minute ago, steelboy said:

If everyone has tickets to get through the turnstiles it shouldn't take long.

It's the muppets who are surprised they have to get their cash out when they get to the front of the queue that usually hold things up.

I thought you had to purchase tickets at the ground then go round to the turnstiles with said tickets. You can’t pay on the gate.

24 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

I thought you had to purchase tickets at the ground then go round to the turnstiles with said tickets. You can’t pay on the gate.

You can still buy them online from Livi and Motherwell were selling them during the week.

Anyone who didn't do that will have to queue twice.

Edit - Just checked and you can't buy our tickets online any more. We might have sold out the three sections they gave us.

10 hours ago, Andy_P said:

There's surely no question they'll open up the additional sections going around the corner, as they did in the League Cup game last year, if we've sold out our original allocation.

They will, they are not going to turn people away and we will have more support than already allocated. 

Hopefully we can get our league campaign off to a decent start. This is our first real test and our new team is still very much a work in progress, so I am going to be realist and say that, right now, a draw may not be the worst result. I’d love an away win, to continue our run from the league cup, but one point would be better than nothing.

10 hours ago, Andy_P said:

There's surely no question they'll open up the additional sections going around the corner, as they did in the League Cup game last year, if we've sold out our original allocation.

They shouldn't have to Andy.  To save any hassle, they should open them up as soon as the stadium itself opens.  They don't need to open up vast areas. How often do we see large sections of a stand at an away ground cordoned off and our travelling support hemmed/sardined/penned into a very restricted area causing unnecessary hassle.  How often have we seen this at Hamilton and Livingston, for example, where we've seen fans arguing/pleading with slow acting stewards to open up other areas?  At Fir Park, supports other than those of the gruseome twosome are typically given a generous area in which to sit - why can't other clubs do the same?  A pet grouse of mine.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, The African said:

Hopefully we can get our league campaign off to a decent start. This is our first real test and our new team is still very much a work in progress, so I am going to be realist and say that, right now, a draw may not be the worst result. I’d love an away win, to continue our run from the league cup, but one point would be better than nothing.

Yes while a win would be great a draw would represent a decent result. Livingston topped their League Cup group with 11 points so will be no pushovers. A very tough game in prospect. My fear is lack of firepower and an exposed defence, but I hope I'm wrong. Solidity and reliablity will be every bit as important as flair and skill. We're more than capable of taking something from this match but whether we do so is another matter.