Livingston vs Motherwell 03/08/2019

steelboy

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

Sadly, trying to play the ball on the deck on that excuse for a pitch is something no team in the league can manage.

Having said that, I'm not surprised it's a struggle. With the inevitable focus on winning our Betfred group, the new players haven't been exposed to Livi-style tactics on a surface that most non-League English clubs won't even allow. They need to learn quick because Accies are just around the corner waiting with more of the same.

Accies pitch is far better than this, it was last season anyway.

55 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Another Robinson masterclass.

We should see if Turnbull wants to choose the tactics during his recovery because the manager doesn't have a clue.

Give it rest with your usual crap. That pitch is an absolute disgrace and completely influenced the game today. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, couttsy said:

Unfortunately, as I suspected after seeing a couple of the league cup games the midfield is poor and weak..... Polworth disappears for long spells and Donnelly (whilst winning a few headers) is nowhere near good enough to dictate play in the top league. Campbell battling a way as usual but without much quality. Worried about Ilic stupidly getting himself sent off now he’s been booked....he should be booked at HT. Livi rightly leaving Dunne as the spare man when we get the ball, his passing the majority of the time is awful....Gillespie to thank for still at 0-0, big big improvement needed in the 2nd half or this is going one way.

This is spot on.

4 minutes ago, Al B said:

I've never really waded in on the whole plastic pitch thing before, but it's getting beyond a joke.

Not even blaming it for us not being great today, it just makes games shite to watch overall.

The match today was better than against Dumbarton which is a real grass pitch.

Simple fact is you have to play the conditions.  Its not down to the opposition to make it easier for us.

Last 15 - 20 minutes of the first half Livingston played the surface fine and were giving us the run-a-round. 

We just didn't play well today and blaming the pitch is a deflection tactic.  Livingston deserve some credit for executing their game plan and pretty much nullifying us for most of the match.

1 minute ago, steelboy said:

It would be good to see the club coming out against plastic pitches. Fans are being robbed.

Absolutely agree with that. I was thinking today that it should be classed in the same category as a restricted view ticket. Have a plastic pitch if you like, but you can't charge full price for a ticket as you're restricting the product fans are paying to watch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Simple fact is you have to play the conditions.  Its not down to the opposition to make it easier for us.

Last 15 - 20 minutes of the first half Livingston played the surface fine and were giving us the run-a-round. 

We just didn't play well today and blaming the pitch is a deflection tactic.  Livingston deserve some credit for executing their game plan and pretty much nullifying us for most of the match.

That pitch is a complete joke, you can’t play football on it, that’s not a deflection tactic, that’s just a plain fact. 

Just now, Ya Bezzer! said:

As I said in the post you actually quoted, i'm not blaming it for our performance. In fact i'm not even relating it to specifically our game at all. It just makes watching football matches in general, a less appealing way to spend time when it's already too expensive across the board.

• Like 1