Livingston vs Motherwell 03/08/2019

steelboy

40 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Either its a yellow card or it isn't. SFA should make its mind up. 

As always, the laws of the game leave plenty of room for interpretation, and the SFA can't do much about those. Leaving the pitch to celebrate isn't a cautionable offence, but you can be cautioned if you don't return "as soon as possible".  What should the SFA do about that, set a time limit?  For how long? Who has to count it? And that's before you even get into the list of things that are and aren't deemed permissible celebrations.

18 hours ago, weeyin said:

So by that logic, nobody in the lower leagues will ever be punished by the Compliance Officer, as their games aren't on Sportscene, right?

100 % correct, that's why the system is a nonsense and not fit for purpose, if it's not going to be applied in all levels of Scottish football then it should not be applied at just the too level,and even there it's not applied consistently to all clubs as we know.

We have had a disciplinary system in place and working well now since organised football began its called the match officials, i.e. the referee and his assistants,  so no need for a compliance officer and all the crap that goes with it.

So unless all SFA member clubs decide enough is enough and take on the blazers at Hampden to get a structure in place fit for the modern game nothing will change, and they will continue to run the game to suit there own narrow agendas.

7 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I don’t even think they booked anyone for leaving the field. I’d be quite happy if they relaxed that rule, but feel it would’ve been appropriate in that instance.

_105704492_18396040.jpg

No yellow cards

image.jpg

No yellow card

5350686.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

yellow card

Scott Brown got a second yellow for the top one. It’s just the Rangers one where there were no yellows.

On 8/4/2019 at 10:11 AM, couttsy said:

I worry after seeing yesterdays game that unless we get a fit Turnbull and/or Tanner back soon our midfield is nowhere near good enough to be thinking about anything other that just staying up.......it’s early days but Polworth looks weak and disappears from games (all be it he plays 2/3 eye catching passes a game) and Donnelly, whilst trying hard most of the time is simply not good enough with the ball at his feet to be the constructive influence we need in that position. Really hope we’re still in the market for a holding midfielder that can pass the ball, otherwise we’re in for a season of watching Dunne hit a lot of long diagonals straight out the pitch!

Sloth is the man for the role. 

So referee, assistant referee and fourth official who were all close to the incident  and in communication with one another all got it wrong. Will they be demoted? IMO Carroll tackled with wrong leg (because he is naturally left footed) and therefore mistimed it. Nothing sinister. End of.

55 minutes ago, Alpha1886 said:

So referee, assistant referee and fourth official who were all close to the incident  and in communication with one another all got it wrong. Will they be demoted? IMO Carroll tackled with wrong leg (because he is naturally left footed) and therefore mistimed it. Nothing sinister. End of.

Nobody said it was sinister - just that is was deserving of a red card. There are a lot of red cards spotted by refs that are mistimed tackles, but there's nothing in the rules that says you only give red cards to well timed (but bad) tackles.

And I doubt anyone will be getting demoted. The process is for the observer to discuss it with the referee after the match with the aim to improve performance in future matches. Historically, a ref has to repeat the same bad errors across a few games before they drop down the rankings. It does happen, though.

On 8/7/2019 at 9:05 AM, sbcmfc said:

I don’t even think they booked anyone for leaving the field. I’d be quite happy if they relaxed that rule, but feel it would’ve been appropriate in that instance.

_105704492_18396040.jpg

No yellow cards

image.jpg

No yellow card

5350686.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

yellow card

Considering we were hammered over the play-off pitch invasion, and there was a much more confrontational element to it, Rangers seem to be having numerous pitch invasions without a word said from the governing bodies. Strangely their incidents all occurred at away games which might have something to do with it as well.