Ticket prices for Motherwell fans at Hamilton Accies

Toxteth O'Grady

Just noticed this:

https://www.hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/ticket-price-changes/

Ticket Price Changes

Ticket prices to home fixtures against Celtic, Motherwell & Rangers will be increased to £25 Adults, £15 concessions & £15 wheelchair/Ambulant supporters. 

After discussions with our board of directors and recent fan feedback, these prices will be increased for both home & away fans going forward for season 2019/20.

Prices for every other fixture will remain at £22 Adults, £12 concessions & £12 wheelchair/Ambulant supporters.

we charge £24.00, so this really doesn't bother me in the slightest. It is 100% more expensive than it should be but that won't change. You tend to find every club has the same band of supporters who will go regardless to most games so reducing ticket prices isn't going to all of a sudden bring thousands more through the gates to make it worth while..

9 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Did the Accies directors seek feedback from our fans?  If so I missed it. 

To be fair, I can't imagine Accies fans asking to pay more to watch us play them.

I suppose they must need some extra cash to help maintain that well manicured, bowling green of a pitch.

6 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

From the statement there doesn’t appear to be an explanation why our game is priced at “premium “ rate....never seen a good game there yet....

The explanation is we are one of the few teams that regularly fills (or nearly fills) the away stand, so they want to milk us for a few more quid.

• Like 1

Just now, Electric Blues said:

I'd happily pay twice that price to be at "The Fountain of Youth Stadium" on the day that these money-grubbing fucking vermin are finally relegated once and for all.

Sadly, they have 10th written all over them again this season. 

The price rise will have minimum effect on the home fans as the vast majority of their home support(with the exception of the tossers in the end section) are season ticket holders.

just another way to milk us for more dosh and the sad thing is we will take it up the arse and turn up in the usual numbers and Accies know it.

3 hours ago, santheman said:

The price rise will have minimum effect on the home fans as the vast majority of their home support(with the exception of the tossers in the end section) are season ticket holders.

Exactly.  It was a sham consultation along the same lines as the proposed Edinburgh Congestion Charge of a few years ago i.e. you ask Group A if they are happy for Group B to pay more.  Of course they'll say yes. 

• 3 weeks later...

Decided to give this game a miss now due to being fleeced.  It'll be interesting to see how the crowd is affected by this opportunistic, greedy and targeted hike in prices.  Although I'm luckier than most in that I'm an age concession its the principle of this move rather than the cost.  In order to compensate for the loss of revenue incurred by every Well fan deciding not to go it'll take 5 who go, to pay for it.     Its a personal decision and each to their own.

Instead I'll make a donation to the Well Society, so that our club and not Accies will benefit.   

• Like 2

Exactly what I'm doing to make a point. I would also ask the question why Hibs Hearts and Aberdeen who have all filled the stand in the past haven't been targeted in this way.

I must admit to having some sympathy for the bum cheeks having this done to them on a regular basis, it's not nice feeling you're being fleeced.

On 8/5/2019 at 3:35 PM, Ya Bezzer! said:

We target fans that come in large numbers with additional costs.

Standard when running a football club.

If you go to away games £25 will not be the most you pay for a ticket.

Adult tickets are a rip off but meh, it's charging £15 for a kid that is scandelous.  For 90 minutes of questionable entertainment.  Put it in perspective that is anywhere between 4.5 to 9 hours of movie watching in the cinema!  

On 8/2/2019 at 12:39 PM, Neilwell86 said:

we charge £24.00, so this really doesn't bother me in the slightest. It is 100% more expensive than it should be but that won't change. You tend to find every club has the same band of supporters who will go regardless to most games so reducing ticket prices isn't going to all of a sudden bring thousands more through the gates to make it worth while..

Yes £24 and £16 for a 16 year old at Fir Park, not cheap

Like any other industry, they'll all charge whatever they can get away with. If they see less fans coming through the gate, and less money being registered in the accounts they'll quickly change their approach. 

It's up to the fans to help them make that decision.

On 8/2/2019 at 5:18 PM, weeyin said:

The explanation is we are one of the few teams that regularly fills (or nearly fills) the away stand, so they want to milk us for a few more quid.

So why not change the pricing category for other clubs who regularly fill the away stand (Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen) as Santheman points out?