Ticket prices for Motherwell fans at Hamilton Accies

Toxteth O'Grady

5 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

image.thumb.png.0c9f469dceab5aa38d64da527d06c312.png

Look at that, We've a cheek to moan at Accies

Nope we can still moan.  £28 / £34 for 1 Adult and 2 kids is a lot cheaper than £55 for the same thing.  

Concession is a joke though - although not sure why that price even exists.  

6 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

image.thumb.png.0c9f469dceab5aa38d64da527d06c312.png

Look at that, We've a cheek to moan at Accies

We can still moan Busta.  You don't compare the definition of category A and B matches.  In terms of age concessions those aged 60-64 are included at Fir Park but excluded at Hamilton  (and at all other Premisership grounds I think).   Accies fans, aged 60-64, attending a Lanarkshire derby at Fir Park will be charged £17, whilst Well fans in the same age bracket will be charged £25 at Hamilton. 

I'm beginning to think, as Weeyin hints above, that this price hike isn't about the financial "benefit" to Accies.

4 hours ago, Wellfan1984 said:

Nope we can still moan.  £28 / £34 for 1 Adult and 2 kids is a lot cheaper than £55 for the same thing.  

Concession is a joke though - although not sure why that price even exists.  

2 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

We can still moan Busta.  You don't compare the definition of category A and B matches.  In terms of age concessions those aged 60-64 are included at Fir Park but excluded at Hamilton  (and at all other Premisership grounds I think).   Accies fans, aged 60-64, attending a Lanarkshire derby at Fir Park will be charged £17, whilst Well fans in the same age bracket will be charged £25 at Hamilton. 

I'm beginning to think, as Weeyin hints above, that this price hike isn't about the financial "benefit" to Accies.

What you two on about? Our prices are fucking shocking anaw, regardless of how you fudge the figures.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

What you two on about? Our prices are fucking shocking anaw, regardless of how you fudge the figures.

Of course they but so are the prices of football in general (Dundee's adult prices start for example at £24.00 and as you know they're in the Championship).    That is a completely separate topic however.  This thread is about a targeted price increase. 

A targeted increase, which again can be thrown straight back at us by the fact we have a Category A and Category B split so we can capitalise on a full South Stand when Rangers and Celtic visit.

To complain about pricing in general seems perfectly reasonable to me. To boycott an away game over a practice which we engage in ourselves just makes us look a little daft.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Our pricing/pricing structure is honking as well as the rest of fitbas. (Unless you are bringing a child. Then it is good value for them.)

Agree. Although at least we are fair on the family pricing.

Although that throws up weird anomaly’s like it being cheaper to take my kids to St Johnstone than leave them at home. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, couttsy said:

Went to the website to buy tickets for Tynecastle on Saturday ..£29 (plus £1 for delivery), so £30...WTF. 

Did we not used to get 2 ticket prices for Tynecastle (one that was a bit cheaper) or am I imagining that?

I haven't been to Tynecastle for some years now because of the pricing, but this is plain ridiculous especially for an aspiring fan owned club.  That said I think Edinburgh has just about the highest average salary levels in Scotland so £29 is relatively cheaper for their inhabitants than it is for those who live elsewhere.   They're just at it.  

6 hours ago, couttsy said:

Went to the website to buy tickets for Tynecastle on Saturday ..£29 (plus £1 for delivery), so £30...WTF. 

Did we not used to get 2 ticket prices for Tynecastle (one that was a bit cheaper) or am I imagining that?

Flipside to this though is their pricing for young people. Under18s is £15, under 16s is £8 and under 13s and students is £5. Comparing that with Accies and their £15 for all concessions makes it look more favourable...

The student pricing baffles me a bit, I mean its good and that but why does a Student pay less then a child in say first year. Where does the term student end, surely school kids are Students as well? 

I could be 35, work full time but attend a night class in college, get a student card and be paying less than a boy/ girl who's 12 and saved up all week to go to the game.

4 hours ago, Neilwell86 said:

The student pricing baffles me a bit, I mean its good and that but why does a Student pay less then a child in say first year. Where does the term student end, surely school kids are Students as well? 

I could be 35, work full time but attend a night class in college, get a student card and be paying less than a boy/ girl who's 12 and saved up all week to go to the game.

As a first year in school my parents paid my ticket, as a student, they dont, right now I cant even really afford the student price never mind the full price, and I am sure there are others in the same boat. 

Obviously the situation differs from person to person.

• Like 1