2019/2020 Game 2: Celtic (H) August 10th 12pm Kick off

David

2019/2020 Game 2: Celtic (H) August 10th 12pm Kick off  

49 members have voted

1. 1. How will we get on against Celtic?

• Motherwell win
    • Celtic win
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/10/2019 at 10:45 AM

9 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Midfield were outclassed don't know what game you were watching 

We were outclassed all over the park from 30 minutes onwards, not before that where our midfield was the better of the two. I honestly think your level of negativity  means you are not actually able to see anything positive. We had a very good 30 minutes and you appear to have been in the men’s toilet the whole time. I’m at the point of wondering if you are even attending games ?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

FFS people moan when we give them to much respect, now you are moaning when we go at them with 3 up top, it's unreal.

We scored 2 against the best team in the country  who could probably take 5 off most teams in the league so people need to chill and accept we were 2nd best today but we gave it a go.

I’m with you. Lot of people for giving it a go and the risk is you pay for that. Made some errors and got punished severely for it. Quite a step up for some of our new players. I’m thinking some overly negative reactions so far. We played some good stuff in spells and I think the likes of Hylton and siedorf will get better as they get used to the level. We started of very well but just couldn’t maintain our passing accuracy as the game went on. I’m not overly worried and think we are in better shape than we were at this point last year. 

• Like 3

Good for first 30 mins and then stopped pressing and the legs started to go. Also seemed a bit hesitant.

Goals a mixture of their attacking quality, sloppiness and refereeing.

As we come to expect, no such thing as a 50/50.

I thought for their pen the ref should have stopped play earlier in the passage of play, due to (for the second time in short succession) 2 balls being on the pitch.

Hard to know what to take away from game.

Still early in season and was always going to be difficult today

11 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

We were outclassed all over the park from 30 minutes onwards, not before that where our midfield was the better of the two. I honestly think your level of negativity  means you are not actually able to see anything positive. We had a very good 30 minutes and you appear to have been in the men’s toilet the whole time. I’m at the point of wondering if you are even attending games ?

Go to all the games mate ,here's a wee tip for you take yer claret and Amber glasses off and look at the whole game not just our good bits no good playing for 30 minutes when game last for ninety .Love to have come on here raving about a performance but there are players already who have shown there not good enough for this league .

Was Seedorf injured or just knackered? He looked absolutely done after 35 mins.

Very good majority of 1st half and very poor all of the 2nd. Far too easy for Celtic to score some of those goals but ultimately they have much better players and thats what makes the difference. 

In desperate need of a striker to step up and make the position their own. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Go to all the games mate ,here's a wee tip for you take yer claret and Amber glasses off and look at the whole game not just our good bits no good playing for 30 minutes when game last for ninety .Love to have come on here raving about a performance but there are players already who have shown there not good enough for this league .

*they’re. HTH. 

Just now, Yodo said:

I’ve given negative and positives, you have said nothing positive and completely ignored the fact we were the better team for most of the first half against the best team in the league. Sorry I don’t exactly need any tips from you when you have already written off players after two league games, just the same way you did with Gorrin to name just one player last season. Show a bit of patience and give the team time to gel, we will be fine, you don’t need to go into this panic mode every season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yorkyred said:

I’ve given negative and positives, you have said nothing positive and completely ignored the fact we were the better team for most of the first half against the best team in the league. Sorry I don’t exactly need any tips from you when you have already written off players after two league games, just the same way you did with Gorrin to name just one player last season. Show a bit of patience and give the team time to gel, we will be fine, you don’t need to go into this panic mode every season.

Mate you don't get anything after 30 mins even if we have done okay .But hey you give your opinion and I'll give mine who knows we might agree some game 

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

Celtic didn't start for 20 minutes. After they scored we fell out the game.

At the moment there's no area of the park that is functioning so it's hard to pull out any positives.

Celtic were not allowed to start for the first 20 minutes. Gifting them their first goal changed the mood of the game completely.

I thought we were excellent up until we scored. High tempo, high pressing, accuracy in the pass. Certainly signs of what could be this season. 

Their goal knocked the wind out of our sails and we never recovered. All the hard work was wiped out on their first attack and the players allowed it to get to them.

I did not think the problem lay in our midfield three and infact I thought Donnelly, Campbell and Polworth were fantastic in the first half. The problem was more the lack of effectiveness of the much heralded new players. Too often there was no end product from Sedoorf,  Hylton and Long leaving the midfield three too much to carry on their own. I am happy to give them time because those players faced a level of opposition today that they will rarely have faced in their careers. However, sadly it showed leaving the midfield three far too much ground to cover.

Five shots on target and five goals from Celtic tells a story. They have a quality in their side that we can only dream of and to have Christie, Sinclair and Edouard coming off the bench when our players were visibly tiring makes a nonsense of any faint hope that they would suffer a midweek European hangover.

Celtic should not be in the same league as us but the quirks of geography and political history means that they are a huge fish in a tiny pond and today it showed. 

Gillespie has been excellent for us so those calling for him to be replaced after one poor performance is nonsense. Certainly enough to give us hope and Hearts will be a far more reliable test of the true position of our squad at this moment in time. 

Finally, I think Gallacher looks a real find. He was unlucky today with the free kick and the yellow card was a nonsense but sadly I think that affected him because up until then he looked in complete control. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, star sail said:

Celtic were not allowed to start for the first 20 minutes. Gifting them their first goal changed the mood of the game completely.

I thought we were excellent up until we scored. High tempo, high pressing, accuracy in the pass. Certainly signs of what could be this season. 

Their goal knocked the wind out of our sails and we never recovered. All the hard work was wiped out on their first attack and the players allowed it to get to them.

I did not think the problem lay in our midfield three and infact I thought Donnelly, Campbell and Polworth were fantastic in the first half. The problem was more the lack of effectiveness of the much heralded new players. Too often there was no end product from Sedoorf,  Hylton and Long leaving the midfield three too much to carry on their own. I am happy to give them time because those players faced a level of opposition today that they will rarely have faced in their careers. However, sadly it showed leaving the midfield three far too much ground to cover.

Five shots on target and five goals from Celtic tells a story. They have a quality in their side that we can only dream of and to have Christie, Sinclair and Edouard coming off the bench when our players were visibly tiring makes a nonsense of any faint hope that they would suffer a midweek European hangover.

Celtic should not be in the same league as us but the quirks of geography and political history means that they are a huge fish in a tiny pond and today it showed. 

Gillespie has been excellent for us so those calling for him to be replaced after one poor performance is nonsense. Certainly enough to give us hope and Hearts will be a far more reliable test of the true position of our squad at this moment in time. 

Finally, I think Gallacher looks a real find. He was unlucky today with the free kick and the yellow card was a nonsense but sadly I think that affected him because up until then he looked in complete control. 

First Post on here, and agree with most of above.celtic huge step up in class and can only be a good thing for new players letting them know what's required re fitness, strength. Etc as we did look out muscled at times. Disappointed with result obviously but  confident there's better to come. Gallagher a standout. Class act. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, star sail said:

Post of the day.

I understand this is a forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion but some of the posters on here are turning into charicatures of themselves.

15 minutes ago, Benson said:

First Post on here, and agree with most of above.celtic huge step up in class and can only be a good thing for new players letting them know what's required re fitness, strength. Etc as we did look out muscled at times. Disappointed with result obviously but  confident there's better to come. Gallagher a standout. Class act. 

Yes, that’s the first time I’ve really seen Gallagher and I’m wondering how we managed to get him. He looks very good. Especially our newer forwards got easily outmuscled that’s where I think Scott has the edge and he fared much better strength wise.  I’d like to see us persevere with him as a starter

Don't know what was wrong with Mark Gillespie today. He had no real saves to make yet let in 5. First one was through his legs and he's usually reliable with shots straight at him. Had a couple of dodgy dribbles across the box and distribution was poor. Can only hope its a one off as he saved us a few times last season . Moving  on to Friday with hopes of a win .COYW

54 minutes ago, Benson said:

Thats just about right . But you will soon be dragged down to forum leval. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1