2019/2020 Game 3: Hamilton (A) August 24th 3pm Kick off

David

2019/2020 Game 3: Hamilton (A) August 24th 3pm Kick off  

39 members have voted

1. 1. How will we get on against Accies?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/24/2019 at 01:55 PM

6 hours ago, Yorkyred said:

We won’t be attending, don’t agree with the increase in pricing so Hamilton won’t be getting a penny out of us until they have a rethink.

Sadly, I doubt they care. They seem to make most of their money from their "creative" sponsorship deals and this smacks of "doing it because we can, not because we need to".

1 hour ago, MelvinBragg said:

Further confirmation that Saturday will be a dreadful game given the referee is Andrew Dallas...

I see the forecast is warm and dry, too. So expect the groundsmen to be up to their old trick of just watering the half Accies are attacking.

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

I see the forecast is warm and dry, too. So expect the groundsmen to be up to their old trick of just watering the half Accies are attacking.

Cooking up a perfect storm for this game I fear. Lack of confidence, lower than usual away support, watered greasy pitch and Dallas as the ref, what more could you ask for.

I live in hope that we can reproduce the form we showed against Celtic in the first half for the full game.

4 hours ago, weeyin said:

Given their off the field ticketing stunt I'd be surprised if they don't pull some on the field stunt as well.  They have previous for watering the pitch "selectively" shall  we say. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, stuwell said:

Think this will be another shit fest like the Livingston game and we will probably get a draw at best. 

Not been to there ground for a few years as they bring no fans to FP so I won't subsidise them. 

Ya tight wad, what a poor excuse no to go. Go and support yer team. We need all the support we can get there and last season the new park was deffo playing better than before. And you get to shout abuse at our local rival .

4 hours ago, stuwell said:

Think this will be another shit fest like the Livingston game and we will probably get a draw at best. 

Not been to there ground for a few years as they bring no fans to FP so I won't subsidise them. 

Better being honest and saying I'm not going cause we are shite 

• Haha 1

On 8/21/2019 at 10:06 AM, Happy Dosser said:

I'm presuming at least one winger will be dispensed with for a "batten down the hatches and hope to sneak a goal" shitfest strategy on a crap surface. Without a Moult, it's difficult to see where the goals will come from, apart from a set piece (cue easy 0-3 victory, knowing us?). It would seem harsh to drop Gillespie but his giving away of that crazy penalty (and his defence of Griffiths' spot-kick) shows he's shaky at the moment, so Robbo has a big decision to make there.

It will be very interesting to see how the players respond to the public gralloching they got from their manager. Another feeble, disjointed performance would set some alarm bells ringing (especially on here), so this is a big, big game for us.

Robinson’s pre match interview is pretty much as expected, back to being support of the players after giving some a bit of a doing after the Hearts game. He’s pretty consistent in the way he works, it’s a ploy he’s often used.

Have a bad feeling about this one.

Promoting guys like Ross Cunningham, Lewis Smith and Reegan Mimnaugh has given Accies a new lease of life from last season.

It's not working for us now but do I expect Robinson to change it?  No.

I'm open to being pleasantly surprised but not expecting it.

In contrast it seems to many, I'm quite optimistic.

Yes, it was pretty horrible against Hearts but by the same token we dug in when required away to Livingston and played Celtic off the park for half an hour. It's not great but there have still been some positives.

If their manager is true to his word that they will try to win more games this season by playing football then I think that might actually suit us better than being dragged down into the usual scrap.

4 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

The awfull Seedorf on the LEFT flank in front of Punter Dunne and the awfull 3-5-2 formation again. Carson who we all know is our best keeper is on the bench. Feck off Robinson.

The word is spelt 'awful'.

I've no idea who Punter is.

Carson has been out for the best part of a year and is unlikely to be fit.

You sound as though you haven't got a clue.