2019/2020 Game 3: Hamilton (A) August 24th 3pm Kick off

David

2019/2020 Game 3: Hamilton (A) August 24th 3pm Kick off  

39 members have voted

1. 1. How will we get on against Accies?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/24/2019 at 01:55 PM

hmmm might be hyper critical after all we scored 3 goals and got 3 points away from home. However a few points for me that need addressed. 

1. Shooting  - virtually every single player who had a shot on goal from outside the box put it miles over the bar. Any school kid knows to get your head over the ball and not lean back, poor technique.

2. Gillespie - Distribution is absolutely woeful at times

3. Passing - is still painfully slow getting the ball around the park. Almost pedestrian. I know the surface has a lot to do with it in this game but I would like to see us get some more urgency into shorter more fluid passing. 

4. Hylton done more in two short runs than Seedorf done the whole time he was on the park. Seedorf needs loaned out and a year in the gym. I have seen primary school players with more strength. I still have no idea what Cole's position is meant to be or what he is supposed to be doing when he gets on the park, can someone enlighten me?

Work in progress I know  (seem to say this every season) but in my opinion which means not a lot I know we need to work harder if we have any desire to be challenging for top half at the break. Well done on getting the derby win, 3 points and at least better application than whatever that was against Hearts.

10 minutes ago, Well Well said:

hmmm might be hyper critical after all we scored 3 goals and got 3 points away from home. However a few points for me...

We won, we deserved to win, 3 points on the board, away from home too but like you I thought there were problems out there. 

For me we didn't play much better than last week and individually right across the park we weren't good enough.

We got away with it because it was Accies and a poor Accies at that.

Against most teams, most of the time, we aren't going to win playing like that.

This is a building block, a launching pad but almost every player is short of where he needs to be.

19 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Good result which we needed ,Long gets another goal but all in all a poor performance .Still hope to see two or three signings coming in and I think we all know the positions we need to strengthen .

No, I don't know where we need to strengthen. Tell me...

7 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

I'll  let you know. We need 3 forwards and need to terminate Hylton and Seedorfs contracts. If we can get some decent forwards in we have a chance of a decent season.

Given that 3 days ago you announced the game would be a shit fest and we would lose, you must be well gutted that we won without breaking sweat, I bet that fairly ruins your weekend

• Haha 1

A good result today albeit against 10 men.  A win and its always great to beat Accies, especially on their own "turf".  The crowd was well down on normal and whatever their reasons for imposing an extra PATG charge it backfired... losing money and 3 points.  Couldn't have happened to a nicer club.  That will take the pressure off us somewhat and hopefully we can acquire a couple of signigns before the transfer deadline.  A good day all round.    

1 hour ago, DEWELL said:

I'll  let you know. We need 3 forwards and need to terminate Hylton and Seedorfs contracts. If we can get some decent forwards in we have a chance of a decent season.

Terminate contracts? You’ve jumped the shark. 

29 minutes ago, Yodo said:

We need two midfield players and a striker .

Don't say that you'll  upset the happy clappers. Just for the record I'm JUBILANT. We've won today but we're  miles away from being a decent side. Sticks and stones etc. And do any of you Really think Seedorf and Hylton  are good players......

• Like 1

The sending off allied to us getting our second goal certainly changed the context of the game but even before then we were comfortably the better side.  It helped us unquestionably but red card or otherwise on what I'd seen before it came I'd have been confident we'd enough about us to get the win.

A couple of unexpected changes, presumably through illness, but it didn't seem to inhibit us too much and for once the surface looked to have only a marginal impact on how we were playing.  We certainly seemed to be able to play the ball around more easily than we did at Livingston.  We could have been ahead by the time Hartley put his chance away.  Considerably better deliveries this week than against Hearts.

A little like against Celtic very frustrating to concede so soon after we had scored.  With the momentum all with us, the extra man and confidence flowing it looked set up for us to go to town on them but conceding so soon saw us play a little more conservatively.  I wouldn't say our tactics were miles out though as you could see them repeatedly try to stretch Hamilton going from side to side and making use of the extra man.  Not the worst idea on a hot afternoon when you're a man up.

The second half was pretty professional give or take a couple of sloppy moments.  Excellent goal from Long to seal it.  A good run concluding with a pretty emphatic finish.  I thought the introduction of Hylton going at their tiring defence might have created some further opportunities but not quite to be and 3-1 it was.  I'd certainly have taken that beforehand.

I think it's one that whilst you can't get too carried away by the same token there's a fair bit of credit due.  We've rarely had as comfortable an afternoon over there and the response to Friday was everything that could have been asked of them.

Three games in. Draw away to Livingston, loss to Celtic and win at Accies isn't a million miles away from what you might expect with a team that's still a work in progress.

34 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

Don't say that you'll  upset the happy clappers. Just for the record I'm JUBILANT. We've won today but we're  miles away from being a decent side. Sticks and stones etc. And do any of you Really think Seedorf and Hylton  are good players......

You against us now is it. If ur jubilant ur just a happy clapper like the fukin rest of us. Enjoy yor weekend. 

12 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

Yer dead right we are miles away from being a decent side but by getting another two or three first choice players in will help our cause .As I said it was a good win but I thought Accies were as poor as I have seen them and even though we were playing against 10 men we never put them under any sustained pressure which was disappointing 

23 minutes ago, DEWELL said:

It is actually ok to support Motherwell and be happy, I never get the “happy clapper” line just because an individual supporter  has a level of faith. It may be that faith ends up less than justified but surely it’s better than always seeing the negatives.