2019/2020 Game 3: Hamilton (A) August 24th 3pm Kick off

David

2019/2020 Game 3: Hamilton (A) August 24th 3pm Kick off  

39 members have voted

1. 1. How will we get on against Accies?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/24/2019 at 01:55 PM

Polworth supported by Campbell and Donnelly controlled the game . Ensured we played a passing game. With better end product from Seedorf and latterly Hylton we would have scored a fair few more.

Long led the line brilliantly, scored a great goal and worked his socks off. Two goals in two games . My man of the match. Seemed to work well with Scott wider

Dunne far from the worst defender and actually played at least too really good balls into the box. Less long balls than his central defenders. The odd Dunne ism which he mostly tidied up himself. Wound up Dallas so bonus points for that.

Poorest  Accies team I have seen for years. No threat whatsoever.

The  Polworth, Dunne and Long haters on this site must be choking on their tea tonight.

3 hours ago, Well Well said:

4. Hylton done more in two short runs than Seedorf done the whole time he was on the park. Seedorf needs loaned out and a year in the gym. I have seen primary school players with more strength. I still have no idea what Cole's position is meant to be or what he is supposed to be doing when he gets on the park, can someone enlighten me?

55 minutes ago, wunderwell said:

Well in actual fact I think Hylton could turn out alright. Seedorf won’t. But that’s part and parcel of our transfer policy, we always lose a couple who are found out not to be good enough. 

Hylton is dug shite. Seedorf is much the same, Seedorf has time on his side.

4 minutes ago, sinjy said:

Did we line up 352 or was Dunne at left back? 

Dunne at LB

You would think we lost judging by the usual ghouls.

I would take a 3-1 away win v Accies every day if the week...but ...but ...but 

He was shite they were shite we are shite. It was just Accies blah blah blah

If I could exterminate the negative ninnies on this thread I would press the button every time.  It would be cathartic. 

Mon the WELL. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

You would think we lost judging by the usual ghouls.

I would take a 3-1 away win v Accies every day if the week...but ...but ...but 

He was shite they were shite we are shite. It was just Accies blah blah blah

If I could exterminate the negative ninnies on this thread I would press the button every time.  It would be cathartic. 

Mon the WELL. 

Well said mate,  also get fed up with the negative crap after a victory.   I was scathing of the line up and why certain people weren't dropped but hey we won so happy days

I thought we played quite well, but felt a tiny bit disappointed we didn't find a bit more intensity after the 3rd goal and properly spank them, they simply weren't in the game. I thought the midfield 3 played well, really rate Polworth. Also Long did well up top and Scott played well on the wing, he actually got past his man once or twice unlike Seedorf and Hylton, although I think Hylton struggled to get used to the pitch when he came on. Seedorf is genuinely awful though, he should be taught to hit his man at pace, knock the ball one way and sprint the other, coz he's fuckin rapid. He keeps slowing down and stuttering and then gets tackled. I can't see him making it at this level.

Pleased for Hartley, it can't be fun being on the sidelines as club captain, will need to see him against a proper team to see if he is worthy of a permanent spot in the team. I was very suprised Robinson picked him, Livingstone seems to be well out the picture in my opinion.

Anyone know why Tait missed it?

Fantastic football in the build up to our 2nd goal. Also what a miss near the end from Cole!

Also from a neutral point of view, it's so harsh that our penalty is deemed a penalty and a straight red. The handball rule needs fixed once and for all. Will take it today though!

As for negativity, there’s no problem with criticizing managers and players for their performances, and we all have favorites/least favorites, and venting online is a good avenue for that. However, a lot of folk make up their minds way to early then spend the next year or three looking for opportunities to justify it and others are just plain miserable.

We generally accept that we are a club that has to pluck players from obscurity and develop them, which is a strategy that isn’t going to succeed every single time. Depending on your outlook you’re either going to rhyme off the list of success stories or the failures.

But calls to get rid of players after a couple of months is just silly. Never mind the fact that terminating contracts costs money (both to pay up the contract then pay for a replacement) , and the player would have to agree to that, which would be a fucking dumb decision if they’re as shite as some folk think.

Seedorf and Hylton showed they had something in the cup group stages, but are clearly not ready for league business. The problem is that there’s only one way to get them up to speed and that’s to get them involved. They both have attributes you can’t coach, I.e, pace, it’s up to our coaching staff to refine that and make it work for us consistently, and there are going to be some ups and downs in that process.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Fantastic football in the build up to our 2nd goal. Also what a miss near the end from Cole!

Also from a neutral point of view, it's so harsh that our penalty is deemed a penalty and a straight red. The handball rule needs fixed once and for all. Will take it today though!

Our penalty and the red card has nothing to do with the new rule.  That was a penalty (and red) last season, the season before and about 10 seasons before that

24 minutes ago, steelboy said:

It has to be a red card or players will be encouraged to save with their hands.

In a tight game teams would obviously take the booking and the chance of a penalty missing every time over losing a goal. 

Spot on.  There is literally no other scenario on a park that falls under denying a definite goal by committing an offence than that.  If you want to downgrade it to a yellow - you would have to change the punishment to something like given the goal instead of a penalty.  

Welcome 3 points yesterday to settle the early season nerves. Watching the highlights that’s another good goal from Long. In the last three games there have been snippets of play to suggest he has something to offer. 

Thought it made sense to play only 1 of Seedorf/Hylton. It’s too much of a risk to play both while they develop their fitness and awareness. 

Outwith the top two, there appears to be a real drop off in quality this season. Interested to see how he compare to Hibs next week. 

9 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

Welcome 3 points yesterday to settle the early season nerves. Watching the highlights that’s another good goal from Long. In the last three games there have been snippets of play to suggest he has something to offer. 

Thought it made sense to play only 1 of Seedorf/Hylton. It’s too much of a risk to play both while they develop their fitness and awareness. 

Outwith the top two, there appears to be a real drop off in quality this season. Interested to see how he compare to Hibs next week. 

I don’t think there is anything outside the top two, not a single team that stands out.

I can remember a game in the 80's when one of our players (I'm thinking Forbes) dived up to the top corner to save a goal-bound shot at the old Douglas Park. Straight red and penalty which Accies scored. Very late in the game so he probably figured he had nothing to lose apart from the one match ban. The rule's been in place for a long time and if it wasn't for the threat of being sent off players would be doing it regularly and taking the booking. 

8 hours ago, steelboy said:

It has to be a red card or players will be encouraged to save with their hands.

In a tight game teams would obviously take the booking and the chance of a penalty missing every time over losing a goal. 

Not even sure why any discussion popped up   Been that way for as long as I can remember. No relation to new rule. Now Hartley’s penalty incident I haven’t been able to get a good look at yet.  On a related point I thought deliberate hand ball was a yellow card? However many times I have seen refs give free kicks for hand ball but no yellow. Is that rule now modified or am I just wrong on that one?

2 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

Not even sure why any discussion popped up   Been that way for as long as I can remember. No relation to new rule. Now Hartley’s penalty incident I haven’t been able to get a good look at yet.  On a related point I thought deliberate hand ball was a yellow card? However many times I have seen refs give free kicks for hand ball but no yellow. Is that rule now modified or am I just wrong on that one?

Deliberate or  not a hand ball that prevents a goal is a straight red, always has been. If it had been in the middle of the park it would have been yellow only.

Dallas refereed the quarter–final between the USA and Germany. Early in the second half, he declined to award a penalty kick to the USA after a shot by Gregg Berhalter was blocked on the goalline by the outstretched arm of defender Torsten Frings. Dallas defended his decision on the grounds that Frings did not intend to handle the ball, commenting "If it's not intentional it's not a foul, no matter where it is."

I’d agree with his statement. It’s only deliberate hand ball that should be penalized. Of course you then have to decide did he have his arms outstretched so that the ball would bounce off them which would then basically count as deliberate but there are many times when it’s natural that your arms end up being outstretched.