Vs Hibs

GazzyB

Hibs played some ok stuff without creating any chances, and I’ll put that down to our defense who all played well. Middleton and Allan might as well have not been on the park. 

I don’t think we had any standout performances good or bad, but Scott is gaining in confidence and is showing up well on the ball. Long’s movement is excellent, but he really should have taken his chances.

Hylton came on and looked terrible, but fair play to him on the goal. 

Campbell is just fun to watch.

God knows why that first one wasn’t a pen. It was a nice finish from Donnelly on the one we did get, was wondering when he was going to switch sides.

18 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

Hibs played some ok stuff without creating any chances, and I’ll put that down to our defense who all played well. M

First thing I was going to say was that was by far the best back four we've played this season.  Carroll at left back and Hartley in the middle in place of Dunne makes us far more defensively secure.  I've been dismissive of Hartley, I felt his lack of mobility would be a problem but today his reading of the game was excellent enough that that never happened and of course he's always a threat up the other end - compare with Dunne who is 6'3 and never scored a goal for us.

Also, contrast our defensive display against Hibs who were an absolute shambles at the back.

Midfield I feel there's still a bit of work to do there when we are on the ball, we don't have the touch, or composure that we had with Turnbull and Gorrin last season, but everyone put in the effort and it was a big improvement on the last couple of matches.

Thought Scott was excellent again playing in a wider position.

The one down side was that 1-0 up we missed probably about 6 or 7 real chances.  We've got to be a bit more ruthless when it comes to taking our opportunities because the game was open for most of the 90 minutes and really it shouldn't have been.

Overall though the kind of response to the Hearts match that you'd have been looking for.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stv said:

Cant wait to see how u turn that around into to being a shite team performance, as usual. 

You can sure suss out players.

Seedorf apart from the goal mate was shite the only reason he gets a start if he must be good in training or did you think he played well ?

• Like 2

Seedorf is still rotten despite the nice goal.

That's the best I've seen us play in a long time. Hartley was superb and Carroll was good again. It could have been a total rout if Long took his chances but three nil is a great result.

Hibs look like they are trying to get the manager sacked. The lack of effort after our second was shocking. 

• Like 1

I only saw the second half on a stream on my phone in the pub but I thought we looked good. Very impressed with Hartley since his return, the "seige mentality" at 1-0 for much of the second half seemed to suit him well. 

I feel for Scott if he wants to play through the middle but he's looked good on the wing and he's the only wide man that can beat a man so far this season. He's done very well there.

International break coming at the wrong time for us unfortunately, but the league table looks pretty good just now. Lost only once to Celtic! 

16 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Seedorf apart from the goal mate was shite the only reason he gets a start if he must be good in training or did you think he played well ?

16 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Seedorf is still rotten despite the nice goal.

He may be talking bollocks, but Jonathan Sutherland of the BBC seems to disagree...

image.png.512f19ea3f294b25b60439067227c8d2.png

• Like 1

Just now, Electric Blues said:

He may be talking bollocks, but Jonathan Sutherland of the BBC seems to disagree..

He did nothing after half time. He made a couple of decent contributions with with the goal and that cross but Whittaker being done was part of that. He still doesn't look like the required standard.

• Like 1

Great result and performance.

Some outstanding performances. Midfield three where really good. Polworth is a baller. His passing ability is top top notch. 

Scott is great to watch. Can skin a man for fun. The fuds in our support who where giving him a hard time need to get a grip and realise he is only fucking 19. He is a top player. 

Solid defensively with the full back 4 performing really well. 

Happy days.

• Like 3

A very good all round performance today with no real stand out players, everyone was solid. I was very pleasantly surprised at both Hartley at the back and I though the Long, Scott, Seedorf combo worked well. Polworth and Donnelly continue to improve in midfield.  I would  have snapped your hand off for 7 points from those first four tough games so for me a very solid start to the season.

5 minutes ago, Shotts Well Fan said:

There are some fucking twats on here. If you can't see that Seedorf played well today it is gob smacking. I suppose when you have an opinion you can't change otherwise you look a fool.

Seedorf was fine today, to describe him today as rotten is way off the mark..

U can only beat whats In front of u and did that well enough against a poor hibs side. A good few 7 out of tens. Feel there's still more to come from this team once it really gels. Should have 3 up before pen kick. 2 wins, 1 draw 1 defeat. Not bad, not bad at all

10 minutes ago, Shotts Well Fan said:

There are some fucking twats on here. If you can't see that Seedorf played well today it is gob smacking. I suppose when you have an opinion you can't change otherwise you look a fool.

Best just to ignore them, there are two or three on here that are  just fishing for a reaction.

• Like 1