Sportscene trial by tv

grizzlyg

10 minutes ago, mfc88 said:

How can they also fail to highlight the most stonewall penalty you will ever see not given, against hylton yesterday?? If that was celtic or rangers they would have been all over it ffs.

A lot is down to the very subjective opinion of the broadcasters.  As far as I'm concerned now the whole disciplinary system is, at best, a complete shambles, if not worse.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

So after Carroll got done by sportscene and got a 2 match ban (which I have no complaints about), I take it we can expect calum McGregor and Ryan Jack to expect same treatment......hmmm thought not

Think the sportscene analysis of the ugly sisters game was Madden made a c@nt of the 3 major decisions ..........but other than that he had a great game !!!!!!:wallbash:

no suprise our penalty issue never made it............no mention of it on BBC  match report online....... I'm still flabbergasted that he awarded a foul for  Hiv's :blush:

Thats a pen all day long.

Even if you consider the foul started outside the box, Hylton has rolled his man and is through on goal with a clear goslscoring opportunity. So you could see how the ref might have played advantage.

To give a foul to Hibs is ridiculous.

Its a pen and a red card for Whittaker for a quite deliberate foul.

You may blame Sportscene rightly for that. The following Seedorf love in while not mentioning anyone else who had arguably better game (Hartley and Scott on here with Seedorf getting 1 vote from 69 at present speaks volumes). It was not a surprise seeing that on the telly as Sutherland was at FP covering the game and his post match report waxed lyrical about our Dutch winger. Let us also not overlook the "Gorrin is key to everything Motherwell do" from Michael Stewart last season when he'd played a grand total of 20 minutes the whole season before the game in question.

However if we are going to give the BBC some heat then it is worth noting that the same incident was omitted from the clubs own highlight package. At to why I don't know, to save controversy? Because I'd rather see stuff like that than a pitchside, sweaty Liam Grimshaw within minutes of the final whistle.

21 minutes ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

However if we are going to give the BBC some heat then it is worth noting that the same incident was omitted from the clubs own highlight package. At to why I don't know, to save controversy? Because I'd rather see stuff like that than a pitchside, sweaty Liam Grimshaw within minutes of the final whistle.

Because it would just look as petty as the conspiracy theorists from Glasgow . Just putting it out there so all the fans can join in on the seige mentality of 'no-one likes us, we don't care' is not MFC media's style.

That said, I've no doubt it will be mentioned by management or players in the future when there's talk of poor decisions against certain teams.

28 minutes ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

Fair point.  All I can think of is that our highlights last 3 mins 42 seconds, whilst the BBC's last 4 mins 42 seconds, so there is more scope for the BBC to have included the incident.  From a commercial point of view though it makes sense to exclude it.    

TBF, despite many posters having written him off as a lighweight already, Seedorf scored one, laid one on a plate for Scott, was denied another by a foul in the box (but stayed on his feet) and had another effort go narrowly wide.

He can cut inside and shoot with his right foot or go wide and cross with his left.

He's far from the finished article, but his first few games have been better than Ariyibi's first few games and he turned out OK.

It’s the inconsistency that’s frustrating.

I’ll stick my neck out and say there is no way the SFA will open the can of worms of citing Ryan Jack.

I thought Carroll was wrong. Wasn’t bad enough to warrant upgrading a yellow to red in my opinion. 

We played Celtic without Carroll.

Also guys like Donnelly, Hartley, Gallagher and Campbell will miss games later in the season for picking up 5 yellow cards, none of which will be as bad as Callum McGregor’s challenge on Sunday, let alone the Ryan jack one.

The old firm have enough advantage over the rest as it is.

2 hours ago, scoojy said:

Because it would just look as petty as the conspiracy theorists from Glasgow . Just putting it out there so all the fans can join in on the seige mentality of 'no-one likes us, we don't care' is not MFC media's style.

That said, I've no doubt it will be mentioned by management or players in the future when there's talk of poor decisions against certain teams.

Don't agree with this, it was definitely worthy of inclusion so the decision to leave it out was a conscious decision. Also our package was released before Sportscene was broadcast.

The problem with the second part is because of the dearth of coverage of this it will overlooked. No mention in Sutherland's BBC report and probably only covered in a few newspaper reports.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

Don't follow? Not talking about a blatant penalty and having it confirmed by both pundits means Micheal Stewart got an extra 30 seconds with his 40" iPad

Despite being a public corporation, the BBC's Scottish sports unit acts like a commercial entity hence the obsession with Celtic and Sevco. Hibs are a far far larger club than us with a much bigger support.   Commercially its much better sense to hack off 4,000 fans than 17,000 fans.   Speculation on my part of course.

• Confused 2

41 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Despite being a public corporation, the BBC's Scottish sports unit acts like a commercial entity hence the obsession with the Celtic and Sevco. Hibs are a far far larger club than us with a much bigger support.   Commercially its much better sense to hack off 4,000 fans than 17,000 fans.   Speculation on my part of course.

I thought it was only The Rangers fans who boycott the BBC when they tell the truth?

Probably a decision made to avoid the accusation of refereee bashing, but a failure in reporting. If the margin was narrower I suspect it would have been in as controversy is what all TV demands now. 

19 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

I see Seedorf is in the BBC's team of the week, which I find baffling.  

I thought he had a decent game and not quite sure what it is that make some fans think he's poor.

Two footed winger who scored a goal. Will be even better when he's fitter.

8 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Thats a pen all day long.

Even if you consider the foul started outside the box, Hylton has rolled his man and is through on goal with a clear goslscoring opportunity. So you could see how the ref might have played advantage.

I'm not a referee but surely if the foul starts outside the box it's not a penalty.

I will agree though that the referee didn't get the decision right.