scotland u21s

Neilwell86

All three of our players got a run out last night, Campbell got the 90 and was also the most capped  player in the squad on 16 games, James Scott got 20 minutes and Barry Mcguire came on for Billy Gilmour with 5 to go. 

don't think i've ever seen Allan Campbell play so advanced, played most of the game in and around the san marino 18 yard box and had a good game. Got some praise from the commentators for his dedication to run himself into the ground every week for Motherwell and still travel all over Europe with Scotland.

Liam Donnelly also came on for N.i

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GazzyB said:

Would have Campbell in ahead of McGinn and McTominay after tonight's shambles.

Fuck it I'd even have him up front before that cunt McBurnie. 

Maybe if he had been a Killie player?  O’Donnel looks way out of his depth. Has. No clue what to do with the ball when he gets it. 

The biggest issue these days is that every player who pulls on a Scotland jersey immediately expects bad results and poor performances. Even guys like Roberston (who is on the FIFA Player of the Year list) seem to lose the ability to retain possession or find a man with a pass. 

It's going to be a long process to rebuild the mentality required to perform at that level. The U21s are a bit better, but their last qualification for any tournmanet finals was also back in the 90s I believe, so they aren't exactly overflowing with players likely to make a big difference in the senior team.

O'Donnell was miles out of his depth. He was embarrassing.

It seems like we throw together a new centre half pairing every game which is a recipe for disaster. You also have McGregor (26) and Forrest(28) who have spent their careers getting praised for turning it on for a month or two a season against teams with tiny budgets who are completely incapable of taking control of a game against decent opposition.

As far as the u21s go Gemmil makes Stephen Robinson look like Mario Biesla. They are completely unwatchable.

Never been to a Scotland game at any level in years and to be honest they are so pish, if they were playing in my back garden I would shut the curtains, accept it people we are garbage, we are in there with the San Marinos and Andorra's as the whipping boys.

The set up is rotten to the core the SFA are so obsessed with self interest and their own agendas and junkets all over the world that nothing gets done, 

So as it stands we are officially a Diddy team, pot 4, no hopers that every decent team wants in their group to boost their points and goal difference.:nod:

9 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Never been to a Scotland game at any level in years and to be honest they are so pish, if they were playing in my back garden I would shut the curtains, accept it people we are garbage, we are in there with the San Marinos and Andorra's as the whipping boys.

The set up is rotten to the core the SFA are so obsessed with self interest and their own agendas and junkets all over the world that nothing gets done, 

So as it stands we are officially a Diddy team, pot 4, no hopers that every decent team wants in their group to boost their points and goal difference.:nod:

And they can get away with it by saying how Scotland is a tiny country and we should accept mediocrity.  The whole system is a mess and needs revamped. 

7 hours ago, DunnyMFC said:

And they can get away with it by saying how Scotland is a tiny country and we should accept mediocrity.  The whole system is a mess and needs revamped. 

I've been  saying we need an overhaul for years, but it's never going to happen. The entire system exists for the short term gain of Celtic and Rangers. If there was ever any doubt about that, Rangers staying in the league after administration/liquidation (and worse, many in authority wanting them to stay in the top division) should have proved it.

There are too many chairmen and board members around the country who either support one half or the other of the Old Firm, or believe they are dependent on them for survival. As neither team cares about the development of the domestic game and even less about the international game, nothing will change unless we ever get rid of them from the league.

It's ironic that coaches from around the world come to Largs for education, but we refuse to implement the lessons that are taught there.

Other countries have shown it's possible to successfully overhaul a failing system, but we don't have the vision or ambition to tackle it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, weeyin said:

I've been  saying we need an overhaul for years, but it's never going to happen. The entire system exists for the short term gain of Celtic and Rangers. If there was ever any doubt about that, Rangers staying in the league after administration (and worse, many in authority wanting them to stay in the top division) should have proved it.

There are too many chairmen and board members around the country who either support one half or the other of the Old Firm, or believe they are dependent on them for survival. As neither team cares about the development of the domestic game and even less about the international game, nothing will change unless we ever get rid of them from the league.

It's ironic that coaches from around the world come to Largs for education, but we refuse to implement the lessons that are taught there.

Other countries have shown it's possible to successfully overhaul a failing system, but we don't have the vision or ambition to tackle it.

Exactly so. It's not just that we couldn't do what France did after their slide in the 80s/early 90s. We couldn't even emulate Iceland.

All we get is hypocritical hand-wringing from  the footballing authorities and media who are in complete thrall to The Ugly Sisters, the  baleful influence on all aspects of our game.

Never mind, it'll soon be time for another pointless think tank presided over by Henry McLeish. He played for East Fife, don't ya know?

Aye, but similar other nations governing bodies welcome the use of all clubs  B sides for youth development. Our nation's governing bodies  are only really interested in B sides from two clubs only and solely as a safety net should anyone ever offer either of the two of them an "escape" route from Scottish football.

Go down that route and sooner or later you'll be seeing Aberdeen, Motherwell, Hearts or whoever v Celtic B in the top flight.

7 hours ago, weeyin said:

I've been  saying we need an overhaul for years, but it's never going to happen. The entire system exists for the short term gain of Celtic and Rangers. If there was ever any doubt about that, Rangers staying in the league after administration/liquidation (and worse, many in authority wanting them to stay in the top division) should have proved it.

Pretty much this.  I lost all interest in international football years ago because of this failure to admit there is a problem, let alone deal with it.  Too many vested interests as you say. 

3 hours ago, grumpy said:

Good result again tonight:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/u21s-complete-stunning-comeback-against-croatia/?rid=13925

Campbell played 90 minutes and McGuire the last 10. :clapping:

Watched the game on a dodgy Croatian stream. 1 - 0 down at half time, but did well to come back in the 2nd half and nick it right at the end.

Another half decent squad that our system will ensure never quite translates to the senior team. 

On 9/7/2019 at 1:45 AM, GazzyB said:

Would have Campbell in ahead of McGinn and McTominay after tonight's shambles.

Fuck it I'd even have him up front before that cunt McBurnie. 

Sorry I am happy no players from us are in the big team, I hate to say all the players are getting tarred with the same brush at the moment and don’t think it will doing the players confidence any good.