Hearts away, 14/9

fizoxy

5 hours ago, weeyin said:

The great thing about Wullie P is that, when you look at the highlights on youtube, he's still as good as I remember. Which isn't always the case when you reminisce wearing C&A tinted spcs.

Yes and I’ve just remembered a 2-3 victory at Celtic Park when  Willie P and Bobby Graham did the Dens Park thing all over again. Easy to find on You Tube but I can never attach these clips properly on here.

The SPFL youtube highlights are up and are better than both the BBC and MFC highlights. There's multiple angles for the goals and you can clearly see the push on Gallagher for Heart's first. Definite foul. Also as much a Long is getting a bit of stick for missing his one on one he made the chance himself, showed really good pace and hit the target. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Happy Dosser said:

Yes and I’ve just remembered a 2-3 victory at Celtic Park when  Willie P and Bobby Graham did the Dens Park thing all over again. Easy to find on You Tube but I can never attach these clips properly on here.

Memorable also for Arthur Montford's legendary commentary at the winner...….AND....IT....IS.....THERRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEE

56 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Memorable also for Arthur Montford's legendary commentary at the winner...….AND....IT....IS.....THERRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yes, along with the preceding, "Chance of a lifetime for Pettigrew!" Then, as I recall, Willie wiped his nose all the way up his sleeve.

Good old Arthur: "Up go the heads!"; "What a stramash!" and so on...…..

Sorry, all. Just preparing for chuntering on in the old folk's home when my children have sold the house out from under me :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Happy Dosser said:

Yes, along with the preceding, "Chance of a lifetime for Pettigrew!" Then, as I recall, Willie wiped his nose all the way up his sleeve.

Good old Arthur: "Up go the heads!"; "What a stramash!" and so on...…..

Sorry, all. Just preparing for chuntering on in the old folk's home when my children have sold the house out from under me :D

Back in the day when the tv coverage was good...  the ploughed field that Willie glides through and scores!  Might see you in that old folk’s home mate:smoke:

Great result and performance.

Only black mark would be not taking our chances. Was the same against Hibs. We could’ve been 3-0 up at halftime in both games had we finished better, and feel this inability to punish teams will cost us points against harder working sides.

Compare to Celtic who were utterly ruthless against us at fir park.

8 minutes ago, SteelmaninOZ said:

Back in the day when the tv coverage was good...  the ploughed field that Willie glides through and scores!  Might see you in that old folk’s home mate:smoke:

Excellent, while waiting for Nursie to give us our medication we can reminisce about the police horse banjoing Alec Cameron outside Hampden :thumbup:

Thought there was too much about Hearts and not enough about us in the BBC coverage and no discussion of the foul on Gallagher for their first goal.  Another excellent corner from Polwarth and a teaker of a goal from Seedorf. With my usual great analysis, I told my neighbour in the POD after two games that his shooting was effing awfie. Pleased to see that young James Scott out on the wing can beat his man from a standing start and just run by him. There's a lot of talent in this team for the coaching staff to work with. An exciting but erratic season in prospect and it should be interesting to see how we deal with RC's uncompromising tactics on Saturday.

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

TBF (and I hate to be fair to Sportscene), as the first goal didn't impact the overall result, there was no real need to cover it in the time allotted.

This is far too measured and sensible a comment, even about the BBC :lol:.

I'm not convinced though, wearing my C&A specs and SE lounging pyjamas, that much would have been made, in different circumstances, of Ikpeazu's challenge. After all, they are basically all the same as he breenges into every challenge and the refs don't seem to bother much.

Still smiling at a memorable Tynie win.

11 hours ago, Happy Dosser said:

Excellent, while waiting for Nursie to give us our medication we can reminisce about the police horse banjoing Alec Cameron outside Hampden :thumbup:

Thought there was too much about Hearts and not enough about us in the BBC coverage and no discussion of the foul on Gallagher for their first goal.  Another excellent corner from Polwarth and a teaker of a goal from Seedorf. With my usual great analysis, I told my neighbour in the POD after two games that his shooting was effing awfie. Pleased to see that young James Scott out on the wing can beat his man from a standing start and just run by him. There's a lot of talent in this team for the coaching staff to work with. An exciting but erratic season in prospect and it should be interesting to see how we deal with RC's uncompromising tactics on Saturday.

The next few games will let us know how good we are. No point in beating “big city” teams if we can’t beat the “smaller” teams. Having said that I would expect our performances to be inconsistent but at the same time if we are a good team the bad games will hopefully be few and far between 

6 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

The next few games will let us know how good we are. No point in beating “big city” teams if we can’t beat the “smaller” teams.

Very true.  I think we can expect the "lesser lights", including for example Ross County, in the Premiership to come to Fir Park and sit in.  That will certainly test us. We'll need on the deck creativity and a powerful aerial prowess in equal measures.