2019'20 Game 6: Ross County (H)

Yabba's Turd

24 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Missed most of the first half but looking at bbc stats seems fairly even.  Just saw replay and I didn’t see much going on at our disallowed goal.  Although I’m the little that I did see the Ross county players are very good at falling over. Touch in the back and over they go. 

County started like they wanted to bring the game to us, but after the first 15 or 20 mins we pushed them back deeper and deeper, without any real quality in the final third. They still look dangerous when they break forward, but those breaks have been less and less frequent.

We started the 2nd half with a higher tempo, and that has paid dividends with that nice goal.

(It's only really Gardyne that has been falling over easily, but that's nothing unusual). 

Couldn't see much wrong with Gallgher's goal unless there was a foul miles away, and we could easily have a pen (that should at least have seen us awarded a corner).

Gallagher’s goal shouldn’t have been disallowed, they had at least one handball in their box, and Carroll’s second yellow looked very harsh.

However, we just fell apart after our goal. County had the run of the middle of the park and carved us open on the flanks multiple times. I don’t know if we should have maybe shut up shop after our goal, but to go up then lose at home is just criminal. In general they were better in possession than we were for most of the game, and we lacked invention going forward.

O’hara sold the jerseys for their second, but grimshaw is really suspect defensively. Up front Cole looked like he’s improving, and Scott played well. Seedorf wasted some chances, but that’s going to happen.  

Its the Motherwell we all love. Just when your mind starts to think everthing motherwell is good, we do what we do again and get beat.  Up and down. 

If Man City can get beat by Norwich, then i guess County beating us aint no great suprise. It seems they got the rub of the green today. Such is life. 

Strange game.  Almost like a pre-season.  Slow, players looked rusty, oh and sunshine.

Lots of chances created by both teams but the goalkeepers had very little to do.

Before we scored I felt like Ross County created more and better chances, really too many for a visiting side of Ross County's calibre.

Well taken move and goal looked like it was going to give us the three points but then we missed a great chance to make it 2-0.

Echoes of the Celtic match in that we couldn't hold a lead for very long and crumbled a bit under pressure.

We've conceded 10 goals in the last 5 and a lot of them have been really cheap goals.