2019'20 Game 7: St Johnstone (A)

Andy_P

Loving Robinsons comments about the red card   "He did land on him (Chris Kane) in full stride but I don't think he had anywhere else to put his foot. You can usually tell when footballers are lying because they are not that bright. We can't have any complaints about it but from Liam's point of view I don't think there's any malice or intent."

50 minutes ago, Andy H said:

Loving Robinsons comments about the red card   "He did land on him (Chris Kane) in full stride but I don't think he had anywhere else to put his foot. You can usually tell when footballers are lying because they are not that bright. We can't have any complaints about it but from Liam's point of view I don't think there's any malice or intent."

Looked to me like Donnelly gave him a fore arm smash while they were running ...... and then fell on him 

We didn't play a lot of football today but everyone worked hard. Cole's miss was probably the most memorable part of the match but I was delighted he redeemed himself. I thought Hylton looked better than Seedorf but he did look knackered near the end. Illic was murder again, there is no way that Semple would be worse.

Donnelly was definitely a red. Kane had been involved with Polworth a few times before but Donnelly was daft to stamp him. Hopefully this is the time for Sloth to step up or questions are going to be asked about what exactly is going on. Moving Grimmy to midfield will probably be Robinson's first thought but hopefully not as that would be a definite regression.

Was poor game but we were better in 1st half with misses from cole.gallagher header. 2nd half was even but from our view which was 80 yards away lol their penalty was soft bu great save from gillespie then another from may i think plus davidson missed a sitter for them. so imo we were fortunate to get 3 points but last week we got none and controlled most of the game. as the saying goes its a funny old game. Also again well done young team up back they literally sang all game and whilst not same numbers as at tynecastle 2 weeks ago they kept goinh.

Listened/partially watched the game while running the St. Jude 5k. My “fuck sake” at cole’s miss wasn’t with the spirit of the occasion, but jeez that was a bad one. My connection went just before the goal, but we made some decent chances in the first half. The pen looked soft, and you just expect Gillespie to save those now. 

We ended up needing a bit of luck to hold on, but hold on we did and that was a great 3 points and an excellent response to last weeks disappointment.

I didn’t see the red, was it legit? Also, how was ilic?

33 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Donnelly was definitely a red. Kane had been involved with Polworth a few times before but Donnelly was daft to stamp him. Hopefully this is the time for Sloth to step up or questions are going to be asked about what exactly is going on. Moving Grimmy to midfield will probably be Robinson's first thought but hopefully not as that would be a definite regression.

More chance of Lasley pulling on the boots again than Sloth playing next week, I reckon. I would rather it was Maguire. Suspect it will be O'Hara....

36 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Hopefully this is the time for Sloth to step up or questions are going to be asked about what exactly is going on. 

Don’t you think O’Hara or Maguire could be in line to step in since they were on the bench and sloth wasn’t? I’d like to see Maguire simply because he’s one of ours, and I would like the mystery sloth storyline to continue.

4 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

Don’t you think O’Hara or Maguire could be in line to step in since they were on the bench and sloth wasn’t? I’d like to see Maguire simply because he’s one of ours, and I would like the mystery sloth storyline to continue. 

Given O'Hara's efforts last week i'm not that keen to see him again. Even without Donnelly getting suspended what we need is someone who can dictate play from the holding position and I don't think that is going to be Maguire.

Getting our Danish international on the park could be a big boost with some hard games coming up after St Mirren.

4 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Given O'Hara's efforts last week i'm not that keen to see him again. Even without Donnelly getting suspended what we need is someone who can dictate play from the holding position and I don't think that is going to be Maguire.

Getting our Danish international on the park could be a big boost with some hard games coming up after St Mirren.

If he was able to dictate play and contribute, I suspect he'd at least be on the bench. Do you maybe start to think that he's not that good? 

16 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Casper Sloth isn’t a holding midfielder and hasn’t featured there in reserve matches I’ve seen...

• Like 1